Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Deleting pavers

Page 1 of 1
I was wondering I anyone who has built with Redink or in Perth can help

Can I delete the builders pavers at pre start or do I need to delete them before during the plan stage ?

We want aggregate concrete instead and I'm sure if I ask the builder to do it it will cost me a small fortune!

Thanks
Absolutely you can delete paver's. You can choose to take them out of the contract all together and do it your self, or you can choose to to upgrade to decking or aggregate concrete.

If can choose to do it after handover and save yourself the builder's margin, but keep in mind the credit the builder will give back is only the trade rate. They keep in the margin when issuing credits after signing contracts
off2theburbs
I was wondering I anyone who has built with Redink or in Perth can help

Can I delete the builders pavers at pre start or do I need to delete them before during the plan stage ?

We want aggregate concrete instead and I'm sure if I ask the builder to do it it will cost me a small fortune!

Thanks

Hi There,

We are currently buidling with Redink and just have been through prestart. We also would like an aggregate drivea so at prestart we asked to receive a credit for it which we got $1400.00 back

btw you can only source your own products and ask for credit for one major thing inside the house like we are doing our own tiling which we received a credit for but you can not say source your tapware also...or your basins....hope that helps
oh and if you need costings just let me know and maybe i can help
See if you can use your paving allowance elsewhere. For exmaple to put paths around the house or to extend your alfresco paving. Otherwise the credit you get back is so small.
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

22/12/2023
Low Deck Build - Tuff Blocks on pavers

Outdoor Living

Those span tables can be pushed a little for a low deck if you dont mind a little flex. Last deck I did, I pushed it a little and it was still rock solid - no noticeable…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum