Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tierra_KEYS TOMORROW!!!

Page 16 of 18
...how hard is it for them to get back to you.. they really play hardball --- hang in tight
Someone must know whats happening. They just dont care enough to tell us. Pretty poor customer service, actually a total lack of
We've been so patient.
Yesterday hubby sent the SS a text MSG at 10:00am asking how the vanity was going and we would like to know if we will be in by the 24th of Aug or the week after. He chose to use this method of contact after getting no where for the last week and a half. We heard nothing all day until 9:04pm, YES 9PM AT NIGHT
he sends us a text saying 'Yep I'll make it happen'. What the?
Why can't you or admin call us during business hours to discuss the matter? Why do you choose to send us a text message so late without even atteming to address our concerns and answer our questions properly? What does that mean? He'll make what happen, because thats what we were told weks ago. He also said he'd call us after he spoke to the kitchen place, but that didnt happen. I can't be the only one that thinks thats totally weird!!! Hubby tried to phone admin again and left another message for them to call us back. I'm so frustrated
And super angry
That is how it is when you do not dance to the tune the builders play... and yes it can only happen in the building industry..where they make us feel that they are doing us a favour to do what they were paid to do...
** I cannot imagine what happens if I ignore my work emails or calls and respond like that

I am over it ....hope the next couple of weeks will be smoother for you
I haven't seen your thread for a bit and thought you would have moved in for sure.... c'mon burbank - get your act together.....
I don't blame you for being super angry. Fingers crossed you get everything sorted soon.
Hi dazzandstace,

Sorry to read of your frustration. I'm following this up with our state building manager - can you leave it with me while I get to the bottom of this?

In the meantime, if you'd like to contact me directly, my email address is: forums@burbank.com.au.

I'll be in touch soon,
Kate.
Someone needs to do something from your company as its just not right. Again we had a day of no contact. It will be two weeks Monday since the PCI disaster and no new information has been communicated to us. Surely someone has the time to liaise with the customer to keep them in the loop as to the goings on of their build. We are hurt to be treated this way.
This thread is the documention of our building experience, the good and the bad. So heres the lastest update from today...

Hubby got a confusing voice msg from SS today.

His message said we will settle Friday if we can get our finances sorted as the vanity is being moved tomorrow, mirror will go in wednesday and so on. The appliances went in today.

I rang our admin lady to ask if this was true. She thought we had a PCI inspection booked for today! I said no that's impossible because you haven't phoned us or given us any information as to what's going on in the last two weeks! I questioned why we hadn't been called back when we left messages and the answer I got was she didn't know what was happening. I asked her if we are meant to be asking her questions regarding the build or the SS and she said her. So I asked why don't you know what's going on then? Her answer was she hadn't spoken to the SS. For two weeks?!!! Come on you work for the same company. I asked why they did a backflip on moving the vanity and did not inform us for 2 weeks and sprung on us at PCI? She had no answer for that, but admitted it was a bad way to do business.

Because she didnt know anything she phoned me back a short while later. She couldnt get intouch with the SS, but spoke to his boss. She confirmed that the vanity will be moved tomorrow or wednesday. She said then trades like plumber and sparky will need to come back. I asked whats this about settling Friday, she said no, I said what like 1-2 weeks and she agreed. I said we'd been calling because the bank need the certificate before releasing the money and we don't know the process. She said they can't get that until the vanities moved and thats why we can't have a settlement date yet. Plus we havent reschedualed a date PCI.

Hubby left message for SS (because it was around 5pm by that stage)

So I don't kwow if you guys can figure it out. I know we are confused. That's the story to date.
I don't know if this helps, but this was our process.
- We signed off on the house at PCI and once that is done, they prepare final accounts. They also have 10 working days to complete everything on the PCI list-of-things-to-fix-up.
- I forwardd the final account to our bank.
- Our bank also required a certificate of currency for our house/contents insurance before they can issue the final payment, so I had to organise/pay for that, then forward them the certificate.
- Bank checks all paperwork is in order and pays the builder.
- Builder receives money, finishes whatever was left on the fix-it list from PCI, and hands over the keys.

Hope that makes sense? Your builder/SS/Admin are obviously not speaking to each other, they're all over the place! I'm confused too!
Yes that's the usual process. But we've had drama. PCI was meant to be a fortnight ago. This is take 2 for us. I don't think the SS understands even if he can get the house ready by Friday, we can't possibly get the cheque posted by then if the certificate isn't coming until wednesday/thursday. The bank does have the final invoice as that was sent off 3 weeks ago just waiting on occupancy cert. PCI hasnt been signed off either.
Wow, they've really strung you around haven't they? What do they expect - that you have all the time in the world to spend time getting things ready on THEIR timeline rather than yours?
seen the plumbers at yours yesterday, the hot water service was going in. I was shocked!
there hasnt been any action for ages! I am so confused for you stace. I hope our settlement dosnt happen the same as yours! I have no idea what to expect?
good luck getting some straight answers.
Do not post the Bank Cheque to BB, pick it up from the bank and hold on to it until you are happy to settle
Apparently they are trying to get the certificate today so the bank can maybe post us through the cheque in time for Friday. They want to do PCI Friday morning and settle Friday afternoon but we just found out we have to go to Melbourne to settle. I don't think that will be possible. We wanted to settle at the property. Its difficult to get time off work, kids etc.
They usually settle at the Head office in Altona..cause it is similar to the contract signing where a lady goes through all the things in a big pack

if they agree to settle at your house make sure you remind them to bring the house warming present
We never been to altona we signed here in leopold.

doubt we get anything doublej they promised us a voucher for referring my parents and they haven't followed through with that
Then I hope you do not need to travel all the way here to settle..

For your sake I hope you do not have any other major issues in the second PCI....half a day from PCI to Handover does not leave much time to fix issues
Yes that worries me too. But Friday would be quiet unlikely if we're realistic about it.

For something a bit more positive hubby is making me all my things! Yay

Custom bookshelf design by yours truly
Entertainment unit and bedside tables. Will post plans and pics once installed.
Hope your DH has recovered from the accident and love to see the pics of your shelf fitouts

All the best for the big weekend ahead
Let's have some perspective, you're buying/building a house, not a block of chocolate.
The seriousness and magnitude of the purchase really should require it be treated as such - a day away from work shouldn't be unreasonable to get it done right.

The same goes with trying to squeeze handover and PCI in to a few separated days.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum