Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How big is your backyard

Page 2 of 2
Well have 5.5mtr x 18mtr at the back and 4.7mtr x 25mtr down the side so a nice amount of space overall for some cricket, soccer, football in the yard for the kid (maybe more once moved)
Thank you everyone for your info so far. I have been looking at the distance between the back of neighbours houses and the fence when out walking the dog as we are in a newer estate atm but I cant tell the actual size so i appreciate all the responses so far. As it is though we are going to go for the same house but 1 size down. By doing this we loose the study which we doubted we would need anyways as we can use one of the spare bedroom as home office and the dinning room will be shorter but we gain an extra 2.5 meters from the back of the house to the fence line which is starting to feel better than the 2.5 - 3 meters we were going to have.
We have 6.7m x 19.1m at the back, 2.5m x 12m down one side (which we have entirely decked) and 5m x 18m down the other side (on a 550sqm block)
Pft, backyard.
I'll be lucky to have 4.2x12.5m at the back
I think we have about 750m2 of yard at the rear and side of the house.

We have 7.5m deep x10.5m wide yard that's from measuring from the end of the patio.... Some houses in our estate would be lucky to have 1-2 meters.
We are building on a rear 500m2 battle axe block, due to needing a turning circle and shire setbacks our yard will be 8 x 6m
That doesn't include the 5x6 alfresco and the spa area from the alfresco to the fence (5x3m)
We have a big dog but he will also have the 40m driveway to run up and down
I like the idea of zero maintenance and all will be concrete except for the 48m2 of lawn !!
We wanted a bigger yard but we couldn't justify another 20k for a few extra m squared.
our backyard is 6.8m deep by 14 meters.
our front is 4 meters by 14 meters.
we measured this out over and over again and convinced ourselves, for a first house, this is enough backyard to not feel trapped!
Once the house is built, the back yard will be roughly 20m wide and 35m deep, with 7 large trees. Flat ground.
[quote="jayjaytee"]Mine is 14m deep x 12m wide. Enuff for me and the dogs[/quote
I think you told me that you built with Trubuilt homes? Is that in Arnold Creek? Have you suffered any cracks?

Amber
Related
13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum