Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 2 of 778
We did minimal upgrades also. We did just over $4k after tender but we did add a bit at tender (big things like extending the alfresco, adding doors to rooms etc). In total we were maybe around $7k in upgrades. We stuck with the standard range of bricks, tiles, carpets etc and only added things that were just easier to add during construction. We will do a bit after handover.
I am also building the Foxley 27, but the corner option.
We paid our $750 for the tender last weekend, just waiting the tender appointment now.
Hope it all goes smoothly as we have looked at dozens of designs from different builders but Eden Brae stands out from all the rest.
Hi Foxley27!

The Foxley is a great design
Building the Cremorne 41 (plus 2 extra squares), just signed off our contract! Yipee!

Hey Oran what garage door and kitchen upgrade did you get?
Where are your two extra squares going?
Garage, alfresco and rumpus room

Did you get it as well?

Also I was wondering if anyone got upgrade on the stone benchtops? You know the standard is New Cairo and some other one, did anyone get an upgrade? If so how much?
That will be a fantastic house!

Yes - we added the two squares which really ended up being more like two squares for $4000 rather than $2000 - ouch.

Interesting about the standard bench colour.... I haven't quite got there yet.
How come it had to be extra? Actually you know what our $2000 was more like $4000 as well because we had to get additional driveway because of the wider garage :/

I think because you guys are the prestige series, you might have a different selection?
extra $$ came in for floor covering, floor height and new roof line. sigh... Yeah we are in the Prestige series (with prestige prices too)
I quite like the entertainer, we were going with that until the price stopped us... where are you building?
The price is a big factor with the Entertainer - but we're planning on it being a house we'll live in for the long-term. We're building in the Newcastle area.

What about you photoimpressions?
We're building in a new estate called Harrington Grove in Sydney.

So what stage are you guys up to at the moment with the building?
Nice!

We're just about to accept a tender.... I think... then onto all the other fun stages - plans, colour choice etc
Yeh start of a long process, we just signed the contract and we got our colour appointment booked. Its so hard to choose which colours, and of course the nice ones always costs more.
Good luck with your colour choices photoimpressions. We ended up choosing New Cairo as I didn't want to upgrade where possible.
Bricks started today! happy days....

We stuck with the standard kitchen stone top bench color (theres only 2 to choose from) - we also added draws all over the place

Yeh we also upgraded our garage door to the decro "wood look" style...cost a fortune but I think will be worth it
The other bench colour is New Sable Luxe - its a brown colour. Like you, I also chose to put upgrade money elsewhere and chose a standard bench but I chose this one and then based all my kitchen colours around it.

Its funny but I didn't actually pick any colour that I expected to - i was going to get a brown brick but then chose a colour that was more grey, i wanted a black roof but went with Jasper, white kitchen with grey bench but went with a brown bench and glossy dark cupboards.
All the things that I had in mind before beginnig the colour selection didn't get chosen.

My $2000 2 square also cost me extra - I put the whole thing into the alfresco and had to pay to upgrade the roof tile.

Dearheart
That's good to know about the two bench colours.

Are there many options in the 'standard' bricks range?
the standard brick choices are pretty average, nothing to get excited about. Ask your tender presenter what the prices are the for upgrade of the bricks. I think its like $900 for option A and $1700 for option B and so on. We've got our colour appointment in coupler weeks, I am going to ask about the upgrade of stone benchtops, hopefully its not too crazy!

We're going with a white benchtop and cabinets look with floorboards. The New cairo just looks abit yellow comparing to the upgrade options, but obviously if its too crazy then we'll just stick with the new cairo.
Thanks photoimpressions - it will be interesting to see how you go with your colour selections.

I'll ask our tender presenter about the bricks - thanks for the tip.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum