Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 774 of 778
mckenzie
Has anyone requested a fan provision with eden brae(but not the fan) or installed it after handover?

They will charge you $40 to add Noggins. With the experience, I have if don't need any support. But you need wiring and switch for the fan. You can do the wiring as well if yours is single storey or the fan provision is on first floor.
I have upgraded to Stegbar "energy efficient Glass" throughout the house. How do I know if they are really the efficient glass we upgrade to? Thank you.
andyscl
I have upgraded to Stegbar "energy efficient Glass" throughout the house. How do I know if they are really the efficient glass we upgrade to? Thank you.

Did they detail what type of glass this is and how much did it cost?
Hi all,

Just to give everyone a heads up. Home option gallery have updated their kitchen displays, its worth a visit if you are looking a building soon.
sumur1au
Hi all,

Just to give everyone a heads up. Home option gallery have updated their kitchen displays, its worth a visit if you are looking a building soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know what they have updated in particular? Is it appliances, fixtures or pretty much everything?
Some new appliances and a couple of additional displays. It's only the back section of the kitchen gallery. They have a bench top with Essastone Perla Venato which we were considering of upgrading from the standard range.
https://marblebenchtopshub.com.au/product/perla-venato-essastone-slab-gloss/
We are currently building a Waldorf and wondering where the best place to put the microwave, the display home has the unit in the pantry. Some display homes have the microwave in the Galley, looking for suggestions from others that have built a Waldorf on other practical locations and pictures if you can share.
Wondering if anyone can help find a suitable location for our whirlybird on our Cremorne. We're having solar installed and found out by looking at the roof that the whirlybirds were missed during installation. That's now being rectified, but the back/north facing roof is where a lot of the panels will be placed. So we're looking at an alternative location, maybe on the south facing top roof? Has anyone done or asked this? I'm also wondering if anyone has upgraded from regular whirlybirds to solar powered ones?
Hi All, Can someone help me to understand why the ground levels is not flat behind the alfresco area in my house? There is around 500mm height difference in the ground level.
I have noticed below yellow highlighted area in the plan. Its marked as "Line of Batter to Cut or Fill" in the plan. When I requested EBH SS to make the ground level flat, I was told that "the pad is as is indicated on the plan. This would be a Basix/ certification design requirement". Can someone help me to understand this statement?
Can I still request the builder to make the ground level flat?
Thanks

sumur1au
We are currently building a Waldorf and wondering where the best place to put the microwave, the display home has the unit in the pantry. Some display homes have the microwave in the Galley, looking for suggestions from others that have built a Waldorf on other practical locations and pictures if you can share.

How often do you use it? We never use the microwave, so threw it in the WIP. If you use it alot, put it where its accessible.
Brickface
sumur1au

How often do you use it? We never use the microwave, so threw it in the WIP. If you use it alot, put it where its accessible.

Thanks, we put it in the Galley.
sumur1au
Apparently Eden Brae no longer use general staircase for their stairs. Has anyone had experience dealing with the new company (not sure of the name), we are a little worried as the selection is through photos.

The new staircase company is a sub division by Kitchen Culture. They are new to staircases. Make sure you keep good records and leave yourself plenty of time in finalising the stairs.
InvincibleInDN
mckenzie
Has anyone requested a fan provision with eden brae(but not the fan) or installed it after handover?

They will charge you $40 to add Noggins. With the experience, I have if don't need any support. But you need wiring and switch for the fan. You can do the wiring as well if yours is single storey or the fan provision is on first floor.

Oh my gosh, they charged me $119 for each 'switch wire for fan with noggin', is this the same as the $40 noggin?
Huggies
InvincibleInDN
mckenzie

Oh my gosh, they charged me $119 for each 'switch wire for fan with noggin', is this the same as the $40 noggin?

Yep. thats a lot of money for a bit of 40x30mm off cut with a couple screws each side.
Steven_La
SaveH2O
Re the first flush, the 900mm head is a council requirement, a first flush diverter cannot be fitted to the downpipe.

Stipulating a set 900mm head is amateurish at best.

The detention drainage is designed for a 1:100 ARI. A 1:100 ARI has about 50% more intensity than a 1:20 ARI

EDIT: Of interest, does your site have an impervious area greater than 70%? Your council requires any residential site with an impervious area exceeding 70% to have an onsite detention system.

I don't know if my site is an impervious area or not, but only my block ( out of 6 blocks ) required that detention system.

I was asking them why I had to have that system and the answer was, that is requirement for my house to be built after the hydraulic check by builder engineer. They gave me only 7 days to accept that variation or my build would be delayed.

I chose to signed, didn't want the build to be more delayed.

I have somewhat a similar story. During contract time, they included a provisional allowance of $8k for Hydraulic system. I had no idea what that was but they said it is required.
Then after DA approval was received, they took 3 weeks to get the "Hydraulic plans" generated by the Hydraulic engineer who is basically Ibrahim Stormwater consultants (http://www.stormwater.net.au/) who returned a plan and quoted EBH for something. then EBH quoted me around $8k for the system which then i discovered that it is setup and material for the Rainwater or stormwater system. Although they have factored the Provisional Allowance since beginning, I was upset because in the original contract, they already mentioned that the Rainwater tank is included but then in the PCV quote, they said it has to be replaced with Kingspan and quoted 2500+ for that alone which did not make sense to me.

Anyway I pretty much did what you did, proceeded so they can proceed asap because it has already taken a long time with fiddling around the PCVs and other paper work. cant wait any longer to see the actual works start on the ground.

But i am still not convinced with the way this Hydraulic system been quoted.
3 weeks is ridiculous. They use a template and the site drawing and calculations are quick and easy. Money for jam.

Do you know what % of impervious area you have? This is almost certain to be the reason. See council website.

To be withheld information is to be treated with disrespect.
well, I certainly still lack the understanding of this. would appreciate if you share some knowledge or examples here.
if it helps, the house is being built on a vacant land now. almost flat.
My understanding so far is that the stormwater system was for the house only (i figured that out from the pipes on the plan they provided).
my plan only has a drive way to the house as concrete. rest is soil/loan.
The builder should be able to tell you your impervious area. Maybe seeing the council is a better option.

Just not good enough for the builder not to tell you.
what should that reveal?
like if it is more than x% then A,,, if it is less than x% then B ..??
sumur1au

We’ve had it in the gallery and had no issues as per the display home.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum