Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 765 of 778
Iftekhar
Anyone has idea on the 600*600 mm tiles prices from Di Lorenzo. I am assuming default for lifestyle series is 450*450?
Also, anyone has brochure or any sample images of 450*450 tiles of standard range.

Thanks guys.

It depends on whether you are going for a Matt tile or porcelain tile. Prices are different for both.

And depending on how big your area is.

If you haven’t been out Dilorenzo in Castle Hill yet perhaps it worth to make the trip out there. The samples change constantly because it depends on the stock the company has at the time.

The sales people will be able to give you a guide on the cost per square metre etc.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Iftekhar
Hey guys,

I am doing a House and Land Package with Eden Brae and it has 2 separate contract for land and construction. If you did H&L package , did you have to apply for a single loan with full amount of land and construction? Or, you guys had a loan application for land and separate application for construction ? I have a construction contract of 1 year old that we did while signing the contract.
My land is getting registered in next month, and as we have not done the selection yet, I am trying to apply for the Land and construction loan separately so that I can save few bucks on the LMI.
Any advice and suggestions for this situation.
Thanks

Very few banks will now lend only on land. They usually do the valuation based on a home and land package even if it’s a split contract.

Getting it done all together definitely has its advantages. Each time you apply for a loan it will touch your credit history. The more times you apply for a loan it may potentially lower your credit score.

Doing it once makes sense. You will know where you are at with your money and know your financial position.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

wongbruce
Iftekhar
Anyone has idea on the 600*600 mm tiles prices from Di Lorenzo. I am assuming default for lifestyle series is 450*450?
Also, anyone has brochure or any sample images of 450*450 tiles of standard range.

Thanks guys.

It depends on whether you are going for a Matt tile or porcelain tile. Prices are different for both.

And depending on how big your area is.

If you haven’t been out Dilorenzo in Castle Hill yet perhaps it worth to make the trip out there. The samples change constantly because it depends on the stock the company has at the time.

The sales people will be able to give you a guide on the cost per square metre etc.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Its good to hear from you after a long time.
Don’t worry, I’m still around we are more than half way through our build now. Hope you’ve been well.

Looking forward to getting into our new home.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

wongbruce
Don’t worry, I’m still around we are more than half way through our build now. Hope you’ve been well.

Looking forward to getting into our new home.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Looking good, Bruce. Best of luck
We are thinking to get the shelving done in all of the Robs after handover as EB is only giving one wired upper row shelving by default. Is it easy do so after handover? Anyone has any good/ bad experiences for this?
In Sydney area? Whiz over to Trademaster in Granville for a project like this. I don't frequently recommend companies but TM is just so good. Not only the products and the pricing but the staff, too. As I think about recommendations, I realise that the only other Sydney enterprise I rave on about is the Rockdale Community Nursery. Got the same feeling of quality products, "family" and staff who care.
Is anyone happy to share pics of their single storey facades or elevation drawings? We need to lock in our facade but it’s so hard to get an true idea of the facades from the computer generated images Eden brae provide you to choose from.
Thanks!!
Anyone here use Kronoswiss Aquastop Flooring for the Kitchen area
Hi All

Is anyone building or has build Lancaster design or any other Accent series design.

As accent series is relatively newer series of homes it’s hard to find any information on it.

Just wanted to check in to see if you were happy with standard inclusions Or did you end up upgrading a lot.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Anyone included your Landscaping cost into your construction loan? If so, how did you it. Do I have to go with the builders for that or I can ask for any quote from a Landscaper and add that into the construction loan?

Please help again guys
Iftekhar
Anyone included your Landscaping cost into your construction loan? If so, how did you it. Do I have to go with the builders for that or I can ask for any quote from a Landscaper and add that into the construction loan?

Please help again guys

Take quote from a licensed landscaper. Discuss with bank that for certain things (like landscape, flooring, driveway...) you will have external vendors with quotes. At appropriate time (of paying) bank will credit your account for further payment to vendor (you need invoices and receipts)
Thanks Sam.
So, if i take a quote from a landscaper now with a certain plan and include it with the loan, do I have to go with the same plan or landscaper when its ready for the work? Will bank provide directly to the landscaper?
Thanks again.
IamSAM
Iftekhar

Please help again guys

Take quote from a licensed landscaper. Discuss with bank that for certain things (like landscape, flooring, driveway...) you will have external vendors with quotes. At appropriate time (of paying) bank will credit your account for further payment to vendor (you need invoices and receipts)
Iftekhar -
The quote from landscaper will not have detailed drawings or specifications (my quote was like Retaining Wall 8000, Excavation 3000, Pebbles 1000, Soil 3000, Stepping stones 2000, Plant beds 1500, Labour 5000). SO this quote should cover the $ what you expect to spend on landscaping. The bank will use this quote to arrive at total funds requirement. Depending on your equity, property valuation, LMI etc you may or may not get the total funds approved for loan
What you actually do in terms of landscaping will be driven more by the landscape plan included in your CDC / council approval. So it is in your interest to ensure that submitted landscape plan and landscapers estimate are in sync.
Depending on bank policy they will either pay landscaper direct or credit the amount to your account. You can check on this with your bank. I would suggest that you keep a good amount of liquid cash as you may have to provide advance to landscapers and other tradies and the bank will take some time to reimburse you.
You can go with other landscaper for actual work ...make sure you inform bank at suitable time.

DRT

Hi All

Just looking for some guidance as I look to finalise my draft plans.
Below are 2 floor plan options but happy to take any suggestions how best I can utilise the space available.

Key objective is to have a decent size bedroom on ground floor with a seperate study.

Looking for any suggestions.

TIA
IamSAM
@Iftekhar -
The quote from landscaper will not have detailed drawings or specifications (my quote was like Retaining Wall 8000, Excavation 3000, Pebbles 1000, Soil 3000, Stepping stones 2000, Plant beds 1500, Labour 5000). SO this quote should cover the $ what you expect to spend on landscaping. The bank will use this quote to arrive at total funds requirement. Depending on your equity, property valuation, LMI etc you may or may not get the total funds approved for loan
What you actually do in terms of landscaping will be driven more by the landscape plan included in your CDC / council approval. So it is in your interest to ensure that submitted landscape plan and landscapers estimate are in sync.
Depending on bank policy they will either pay landscaper direct or credit the amount to your account. You can check on this with your bank. I would suggest that you keep a good amount of liquid cash as you may have to provide advance to landscapers and other tradies and the bank will take some time to reimburse you.
You can go with other landscaper for actual work ...make sure you inform bank at suitable time.

Thanks a lot Sam for your detailed answer. Now, i know how it works
Guys,
We are at Bricklayer stage which is about to complete. One of my friends who is also building with EBH like a month ahead of us, told me that the Electrical company will send out an email to confirm our electrical selections once the brick layer is done. I want to know if its a one time instance or they do it for all. My friend confirmed me that he didn't contacted them first.

Why I am asking is, I like to update the electrical plan on our ground level. Does the electrical company contact us once the bricklayer is completed?
All, is it possible to install the surge arrestor after handover. I have been quotes for $263 per phase for the 3-phase power. Any suggestion? Tx.

Guys, anyone has taken or know if Di Lorenzo has laminate floorboard? We got a quote for Timber floorboard from them. But, I heard that there is laminate floorboard which is same price as the standard tiling and can save us From Timber floorboard costing.
Please advice
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum