Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 760 of 778
JontyMonty
So I’m super confused with wall colours! I’m undecided between Gemini Silver and Winter Ice. We initially went with Marble Mist, but I think it’s got too much beige and our tiles/laminate are more grey. Any recommendations or guidance would be much appreciated!
if you have any photos of the same wall colours, please do share

We chose Gemini Silver for our home and we are glad we did. It’s easy to go with most of the furniture.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Thanks Bruce - do you have any photos of the wall?

wongbruce
JontyMonty
So I’m super confused with wall colours! I’m undecided between Gemini Silver and Winter Ice. We initially went with Marble Mist, but I think it’s got too much beige and our tiles/laminate are more grey. Any recommendations or guidance would be much appreciated!

We chose Gemini Silver for our home and we are glad we did. It’s easy to go with most of the furniture.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

JontyMonty
Thanks Bruce - do you have any photos of the wall?

We are currently in construction so don’t have any photos yet but James Treble said that he would chose Gemini Silver over Winter Ice due to the fact that that Gemini Silver would look better with furniture and make the room more welcoming.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

JontyMonty

Hi Johnty,
We chose almost the exact tile and color scheme.
Here's our scheme, we had chosen Stonebridge (very light grey) for the main walls to keep the grey theme.

Our build only starts early next year, so no pictures either. It'll be interesting to watch your build as well.
Where are you building?
Omg! Your selections are very similar to ours!
same floor tile as well! We’re building in North Kellyville
and we just submitted to council this week so I’m guessing we also won’t start the build till early next year.

Niel07
JontyMonty

Hi Johnty,
We chose almost the exact tile and color scheme.
Here's our scheme, we had chosen Stonebridge (very light grey) for the main walls to keep the grey theme.

Our build only starts early next year, so no pictures either. It'll be interesting to watch your build as well.
Where are you building?

Nice Choices Johty,
I see grey being very popular now. We are very happy with the choices, although being very expensive.
We are building the Bristol 33 in Schofields. We have received our CDC and progressing to DA check.
Wishing you good luck with your build!!
Hi,

have question about progress payment

once slab pour date is set, is payment invoice before or after the slab pour?
also when would the next progress payment invoice for frame? is this invoice before or after certain amount of work done?

Thanks
Payment is after the stage is delivered.

Slab
Frame
Enclosed
Fixing
Practical Completion
IamSAM
Payment is after the stage is delivered.

Slab
Frame
Enclosed
Fixing
Practical Completion

thanks. got it
Hi all,

I am just wanting to get some advice on the hybrid steel frame. We got offered to upgrade to a steel frame "at no extra cost" at DA stage and we sent it off without looking too much into it. Now I'm doing my research and it doesn't look like its a good thing. Apparently it makes the house noisier, there is a reduction in wifi signal and phone coverage, its more difficult to hang things up, its more difficult with renovations, and it is worse in a fire and can cause issues with the gyprock in the future (i.e cracking sooner etc).

After reading all those lovely things I'm thinking I may backtrack..
Anyone built with steel frame? If so, what are your thoughts? (good or bad).

thanks!
We were upgraded to hybrid. I was happy for that, purely for the termite protection.

Spoke to a few builders and the only negative they mentioned was as you say it's harder to renovate down the track.

As for hanging stuff, you can get plenty of different types of fixings for timber, steel, gyprock, brick- so I don't see that as an issue.

We have been in our house for 3 months, no issues with phone reception, or wifi.

House is no noisier than anywhere else we've lived (and thats about 6 houses prior to this one).

I can't see anything to worry about, unless you're planning extensive renos down the track.

And the frame is straighter than timber.

All the best with your choice!

Hey guys..

Had our colours appointment today.. all went well but I was hoping someone could clarify the “standard shower” that’s included? Do you happen to know the name of it?? I have a feeling it’s the semi frameless grange.. does that sound familiar to anyone?

I only ask as we wanted the black framed showers but were told no.. but the Jeldwen website clearly says they are available in black.

Thanks guys!
gloriarosiee
Hi all,

I am just wanting to get some advice on the hybrid steel frame. We got offered to upgrade to a steel frame "at no extra cost" at DA stage and we sent it off without looking too much into it. Now I'm doing my research and it doesn't look like its a good thing. Apparently it makes the house noisier, there is a reduction in wifi signal and phone coverage, its more difficult to hang things up, its more difficult with renovations, and it is worse in a fire and can cause issues with the gyprock in the future (i.e cracking sooner etc).

thanks!

With steel frame and Colourbond roof - if that's the way you are thinking - remember to specify a real good anticon blanket between the steel truss frames and the roof sheeting. Stops condensation, shifts the insulation factor right up, quietens the roof during rain - the first item is the most important. Don't let the builder argue you out of this inclusion.
kks
gloriarosiee
Hi all,

thanks!

With steel frame and Colourbond roof - if that's the way you are thinking - remember to specify a real good anticon blanket between the steel truss frames and the roof sheeting. Stops condensation, shifts the insulation factor right up, quietens the roof during rain - the first item is the most important. Don't let the builder argue you out of this inclusion.
The hybrid frame is steel wall frames and timber roof trusses.

Our colourbond roof came with anticon blanket included. That was all part of our upgrade package.

Hi guys
We got the finance confirmed this week and my CSA called me yesterday and confirmed that she moving my file to construction process and said that it will take 20 days to go to the construction. The 20 days falls in the Christmas holidays time and I have a strong feeling they won't start the construction until end of Jan 2019.

Question is, based on your experience, how many days EBH took recently to get to the site after the finance confirmed? I asked the same question to my CSA but she just gave a template answer.

Thanks
InvincibleInDN
Hi guys
We got the finance confirmed this week and my CSA called me yesterday and confirmed that she moving my file to construction process and said that it will take 20 days to go to the construction. The 20 days falls in the Christmas holidays time and I have a strong feeling they won't start the construction until end of Jan 2019.

Question is, based on your experience, how many days EBH took recently to get to the site after the finance confirmed? I asked the same question to my CSA but she just gave a template answer.

Thanks
We were in the same boat last year. They did our peg out between Christmas and New year and then were back on deck around the 10th of January. I would expect that you will see some action prior to Christmas (being within the 20 days) then it will stop for 2-3 weeks. I think ours was about a week between being released to construction and the job starting.

winto_04
We were in the same boat last year. They did our peg out between Christmas and New year and then were back on deck around the 10th of January. I would expect that you will see some action prior to Christmas (being within the 20 days) then it will stop for 2-3 weeks. I think ours was about a week between being released to construction and the job starting.

The Peg Out is already done while I was waiting for the Bank Loan process. I believe the red stick on the land is the Peg Out. Some writing on it as well.
InvincibleInDN
winto_04

The Peg Out is already done while I was waiting for the Bank Loan process. I believe the red stick on the land is the Peg Out. Some writing on it as well.
That's the one. They will be there within 20 days!

winto_04
That's the one. They will be there within 20 days!

Thanks for replying.
InvincibleInDN
Nekual
hi all

as introd - building drysdale in mapleton grove. just begun the process and as first time build, being reading up on the preparation needed for the apointments. was wondering if anyone has a recent electrical upgrade price list, e.g cost to pre-wire, install downlights, extra powerpoint, etc..

thanks

We had the Electrical appointment early this week. I just got this from the consultant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W59Zmw ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWvaFU ... sp=sharing

Enjoy your appointment!

Thanks for sharing these price list and very helpful for my budgeting before building.

Just out of curiosity, since we have selected the upgrade packages, I believe they will let me know what sort of lights are provided (pendant lights, toilet lights, down lights,etc.) and what is not as well as for the security system? Will they let you know what kind of lights included in your package and what type of security system? TIA
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum