Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 756 of 778
winto_04
I would like same. Appointments scheduled early June. But no idea what to do. And my budget is limited for these upgrades

Invincible - what's your email address. I'll send the electrical price list.

[/quote]
venkatesh.nellai@gmail.com
InvincibleInDN
winto_04
I would like same. Appointments scheduled early June. But no idea what to do. And my budget is limited for these upgrades

venkatesh.nellai@gmail.com[/quote]Email sent

kunalg
Hi Winto,

Get electrical and tiling externally, you will save approx $20K.
I have built with Edenbrae and done the same.

Thanks
Sorry, i only sent the end of that last message, the rest was a quote from Invincible.

We are 6-8 weeks from completion.

We were told no external electrician, unless they come in after handover for things like down lights etc. There wouldn't have been that much of a saving for us.

I also would advise against external tilers cause if anything goes wrong behind the tiling and EBH have not provided it, then you will be chasing the tiler to redo the job. My advice is to just stick to the EBH contractors and have the peace of mind of waranty covering everything.

There was not enough savings with any area for us to use external contractors, but we didn't upgrade to the same extent that other did.

winto_04
InvincibleInDN
winto_04

venkatesh.nellai@gmail.com

Email sent

[/quote]
Thank you very much
InvincibleInDN
kunalg
Hi Winto,

Get electrical and tiling externally, you will save approx $20K.
I have built with Edenbrae and done the same.

Thanks

Which year you built your home? I checked with EBH and they strict said no external electrician. Mine is double storey home and I have to do the ground floor atleast. If you built recently and your home is double storey, tell me the trick.

Hi,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I built a single storey house.
For double storey I would suggest that speak with External subcontractor first and then finalize what needs to be done.

Thanks
Hi all,
I got the PGH bricks range for our build which A & B. Me and wife was very disappointed with the choice of colors available in those ranges. My land developer guideline doesn't allow light face bricks and 75% of them are light colors and rest of them Red ( and sort of red, some mild dirty color). There is no choice of dark colors.

I want to check if its good idea of to render the house post construction? I am thinking to use the brick came default and render the full house like 6 months later the construction. I am tight in budget at the moment and I need more to be spent on electrical and kitchen.

Anyone tried post construction rendering? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Hi Guys,

We are due for our 3 month post build inspection. We have got access to the online app now. However, we just got the notice and access to app 6 days before expiry day.

Is it a standard or I got a late notice?

Dreamh0me

Miffy
Hi Guys,

We are due for our 3 month post build inspection. We have got access to the online app now. However, we just got the notice and access to app 6 days before expiry day.

Is it a standard or I got a late notice?

Dreamh0me

voz how are you going?

Hey mate,

I got the instructions on the settlement day and signed-up the day after. As you know, it was very busy settling down in the new home so I didn't manage to upload the defects till early-mid May. I spent a couple of days uploading all the defects in the app and submitted it yesterday. I think I had till 25th as per my CSA.

To your point, my CSA did send an email out providing access to the app etc. a few days ago advising 25th as the last day for submission however I did have access for three months now.

Cheers!
winto_04
Tamm
Hi guys,

If anyone has the electrical price list or any other lists they can send me that would be greatly appreciated!

Just trying to work our budget out for all those upgrades

Thanks everyone

tammy_louise@hotmail.com

Hi Tammy,

Email sent.

Hi Winto,

I searched my junk but not there?? Can you please re try.

Thank you so much!!! Really appreciate it
Tamm
winto_04
Tamm
Hi guys,

If anyone has the electrical price list or any other lists they can send me that would be greatly appreciated!

Just trying to work our budget out for all those upgrades

Thanks everyone

tammy_louise@hotmail.com

Hi Tammy,

Email sent.

Hi Winto,

I searched my junk but not there?? Can you please re try.

Thank you so much!!! Really appreciate it
Re sent

voz
Hey mate,

I got the instructions on the settlement day and signed-up the day after. As you know, it was very busy settling down in the new home so I didn't manage to upload the defects till early-mid May. I spent a couple of days uploading all the defects in the app and submitted it yesterday. I think I had till 25th as per my CSA.

To your point, my CSA did send an email out providing access to the app etc. a few days ago advising 25th as the last day for submission however I did have access for three months now.

Cheers!

Thanks Voz

How did you get access to app?

What’s the name of app?

Miffy
voz
Hey mate,

Cheers!

Thanks Voz

How did you get access to app?

What’s the name of app?

Got it !

Thanks.

For those who have started building with Eden brae who long did your cut and fill stage take? Then how long after that completion was your complete slab laid?
voz
Hey mate,

Cheers!

voz miffy we also got it at settlement and never did anything till we got the 14 week maintenance notice. We knew what defects there were so I took photos over two days and submitted it ( thankfully no major issues)

Twandles
For those who have started building with Eden brae who long did your cut and fill stage take? Then how long after that completion was your complete slab laid?
Our peg out was just before Christmas last year. Cut and fill was end of January(due to the Christmas shut down)

Concreters started a week later for piers, then slab the following week.

Will all depend on the site supervisor. Ours is excellent and looks like we'll get our keys about 3 months early.

hi all

as introd - building drysdale in mapleton grove. just begun the process and as first time build, being reading up on the preparation needed for the apointments. was wondering if anyone has a recent electrical upgrade price list, e.g cost to pre-wire, install downlights, extra powerpoint, etc..

thanks
Nekual
hi all

as introd - building drysdale in mapleton grove. just begun the process and as first time build, being reading up on the preparation needed for the apointments. was wondering if anyone has a recent electrical upgrade price list, e.g cost to pre-wire, install downlights, extra powerpoint, etc..

thanks
I can send you one. What's your email address?

Nekual
hi all

thanks

We had the Electrical appointment early this week. I just got this from the consultant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W59Zmw ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWvaFU ... sp=sharing

Enjoy your appointment!
InvincibleInDN
Nekual
hi all

thanks

We had the Electrical appointment early this week. I just got this from the consultant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W59Zmw ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWvaFU ... sp=sharing

Enjoy your appointment!

thanks
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum