Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 748 of 778
voz
dreamh0me
Let’s hope work will happen soon. I am happy with January!!

Agree dreamh0me. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Have you started looking at landscapers etc.?

Not yet as I am not sure what is required for the hydraulics etc . I know we need a retaining wall but not sure what kind, height etc .Our ss said he will explain everything step by step at a later stage.

How about you?

Hey dreamh0me, very happy to hear about your progress.
Would your SS explain retaining wall height etc. I thought EB don't deal with that stuff.

Miffy
Hey dreamh0me, very happy to hear about your progress.
Would your SS explain retaining wall height etc. I thought EB don't deal with that stuff.

Hi.

This is what he said:
“The hydraulics system is something I will work through with you at the time of PCI and ill also email you a step by step list so that you can achieve your certification as soon as possible once you complete landscaping. Your in ground components are already installed, however we need to install the drainage grate to the driveway and also complete fit off items to drainage points but this cannot be done until all internal plumbing items are connected and functioning (including baths, toilets, taps etc etc)”

Thank you dreamh0me!!

Does anyone know good concreter for Driveway

Also a good Landscaper please.

Can we make changes to landscape design after approval from council. Has anyone done that here?
dreamh0me, Miffy

My internals stopped for more than 2 weeks now and my new SS is getting up to speed and have scheduled jobs to start from next week onwards.

Are they doing painting first or main floor tiling first in your house?
voz
@dreamh0me, Miffy

My internals stopped for more than 2 weeks now and my new SS is getting up to speed and have scheduled jobs to start from next week onwards.

Are they doing painting first or main floor tiling first in your house?

Our house is being painted and I assume main floor tiling will be done afterwards.

We have kitchen and bathroom cabinets , Stone in bathrooms and kitchen and basins. Our rainwater tank ( huge) has been delivered and sitting in the garage.

dreamh0me
Our house is being painted and I assume main floor tiling will be done afterwards.

We have kitchen and bathroom cabinets , Stone in bathrooms and kitchen and basins. Our rainwater tank ( huge) has been delivered and sitting in the garage.

That's awesome progress, dreamh0me. On track for Jan settlement at the latest.

All the Carpenter fit out work completed? or are they still going on?
voz
dreamh0me

That's awesome progress, dreamh0me. On track for Jan settlement at the latest.

All the Carpenter fit out work completed? or are they still going on?

Most things done except the internal doors need to be put back on. They need handles etc

Some photos:

dreamh0me
Most things done except the internal doors need to be put back on. They need handles etc

Some photos:

Good to hear, dreamh0me.

Beautiful photos.. We have the same cabinet colour and stone in bathroom
Miffy
Thank you dreamh0me!!

Can we make changes to landscape design after approval from council. Has anyone done that here?

Hey miffy, will pm you the details now

Sent from my iThing via Tapatalk
PixiGT
Miffy
Thank you dreamh0me!!

Can you please send me the details of the landscaper as well. Thanks

do i need to get an inspector to check my site? currently our slab has been poured and frames are being placed.
Thanks
i know i am not supposed to visit the site unless get approval from supervisor but do they really know if i drop in after hours-do they check cameras all the time?
cheeku
i know i am not supposed to visit the site unless get approval from supervisor but do they really know if i drop in after hours-do they check cameras all the time?
Not at the building stage yet, but I'm not sure I'd risk it. If anything happens and they have proof you were there, you've shot yourself in the foot!
The camera will be on a sensor after hours and taking photos.

Otherwise wear dark pants, a hoody and sunglasses

dreamh0me
PixiGT
Miffy
Thank you dreamh0me!!

Can you please send me the details of the landscaper as well. Thanks
Hello,

Where can I find window schedule in the contract. I searched through but can not find one. Did you guys got one with your final drawings?

Voz, dreamh0me
Miffy
Hello,

Where can I find window schedule in the contract. I searched through but can not find one. Did you guys got one with your final drawings?

Voz, dreamh0me

What is a window schedule?

Its a document/part of contract document where dimension of windows are mentioned. IWith my understanding, it should be with the house drawings. I can not find one but then i wanted to confirm if everyone gets it.
Miffy
Its a document/part of contract document where dimension of windows are mentioned. IWith my understanding, it should be with the house drawings. I can not find one but then i wanted to confirm if everyone gets it.

Miffy

I was trying to find this as well. I didn't get any separate document, you can refer to the main drawings however I'm not sure if you'll find measurement for each window in the main drawings.

I've a PCV for increasing front door height and I validated that recently, looks OK. Others all standard.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum