Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 736 of 778
Cman
how much eden brae charged on basix/site cost? is it expensive than allworth homes and beechwood homes? they advised rough cost will be $40k-$45k on level block...

Well it depends on a lot of things and what class block it is. Eden Brae has an essential package which covers most if not all the site and basix costs. However the price of the package will depend on how big the home is as well.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Ausman
We build with Eden Brae (Cremorne 37). Its nearly 6 months since moving in. Completed 13 weeks builders defects inspection.
Minor difference aside very happy with Eden Brae's work.
Have just updated my blog
http://newhouse.gores.com.au/

All the best !!

Beautiful house. Thanks for sharing.
Great House !! Beautiful Staircase..

Congratulations.
Hi all..my experience building with Eden Brae has been very painful and stressful.
Keeping in my construction haven't started yet.
There are few other issues which I will mention in my other post but the main one which I came across was the PRICE VARIATION on the same item whether it is an upgrade or a new. I was able to find out as me and my brother in law are building together with Eden Brae itself and we compared the prices on our PCV.
Me and my brother in law upgraded the Stacker door height and I got $1180 and he got the quote of $370. It is the same dimension upgrade of height and width.
Both of us got the same front entry door I was charged $1051 and he was $608.
When I questioned this they started giving excuses.
So not sure what should I do....
kunalg
Hi all..my experience building with Eden Brae has been very painful and stressful.
There are few other issues which I will mention in my other post but the main one which I came across was the PRICE VARIATION on the same item whether it is an upgrade or a new. I was able to find out as me and my brother in law are building together with Eden Brae itself and we compared the prices on our PCV.
Me and my brother in law upgraded the Stacker door height and I got $1180 and he got the quote of $370. It is the same dimension upgrade of height and width.

You can email the NSW sales manager Bill. He is generally very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

wongbruce
kunalg

You can email the NSW sales manager Bill. He is generally very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks for your reply..
kunalg

Hi kunalg we had the same issues like you when we built . Same situation too. BIL was building with EBH at the same time. I had to constantly be top of everything. We ended up getting quite a few credits for incorrect pricing . But yes I feel your pain, it was very stressful. On a more positive note once construction started it was smooth sailing mostly.
All the best with your build.

alina1184
kunalg

Hi kunalg we had the same issues like you when we built . Same situation too. BIL was building with EBH at the same time. I had to constantly be top of everything. We ended up getting quite a few credits for incorrect pricing . But yes I feel your pain, it was very stressful. On a more positive note once construction started it was smooth sailing mostly.

alina1184 Thanks for your reply, I will chase that up with Eden Brae... Hopefully should get the credits for the incorrect pricing.
Eden Brae is preparing to lodge an application for building approval. Prior to lodgement, they said they require paperwork from me to organise - a certificate on my land called a “149 (2) Certificate”. They said this can be ordered through my local council for a small fee. Has anyone else been asked to do this? I have built with EB before and I can't recall doing this.
kunalg

Hi kunalg,

It happened with me as well. My friend & I are building in different locations and we found the prices to be different for the same item. His PCVs were $100 to $300 less however I didn't question it. I think it's worth asking though and they should answer you properly. Are you and your brother-in-law building in the same location?
LouiseLawson27
Eden Brae is preparing to lodge an application for building approval. Prior to lodgement, they said they require paperwork from me to organise - a certificate on my land called a “149 (2) Certificate”. They said this can be ordered through my local council for a small fee. Has anyone else been asked to do this? I have built with EB before and I can't recall doing this.

I've done this. I think they changed their contract terms recently - I know this because this item was included (i.e., provided by EBH) for my friend whose building contract was signed early 2016. In my contract this item is buyer's responsibility. I got this certificate through my council and provided it to my CSA. Fee ~ $50 but I guess that's depending on the council.
voz
dreamh0me
I have not changed anything yet. I have heard about Smeg oven doors exploding and that got me nervous. I am hoping that the Fisher and Paykel are good (they are cheaper in Cooks Plumbing quote). I wanted Bosch as that was what we had before but Cooks don't supply it.

The good news we were told that Eden Brae wont charge us for the Building Variation.

Hi dreamh0me,

Are you in construction stage and looking to change your Oven? and Eden Brae don't charge for that as they raise a Building Variation - is that right?

Question - say if you have a Smeg included, will Cooks Plumbing provide Credit $ for the difference?

We did not go ahead as at the end the price was much higher

alina1184
kunalg

Hi alina1184, All,

I'm confused with their Final Admin Variation List - it includes both tender items and all PCVs.

How will the Construction Manager figure out what's the final product with multiple items in there. By that I mean it's not straight forward and there is a lot of chances for anyone reading it to miss the upgrade and provide other basic stuff.

Eg.) Insulation included in my package is R2.0 (for BASIX) however as per council requirement it was upgraded to R2.5. These two items are not under the same heading in the final variation list. I'm afraid that they will just provide R2.0 and miss R2.5 just as an example. There are many items like that. Why can't they just remove the items that won't be provided and include only the required i.e., R2.5 in the above case - wouldn't that be much easier.

When I asked my CSA, she said they will provide R2.5 in the above case but I'm really worried about the other items. Please share your experience.
voz
alina1184
kunalg

Hi alina1184, All,

I'm confused with their Final Admin Variation List - it includes both tender items and all PCVs.

How will the Construction Manager figure out what's the final product with multiple items in there. By that I mean it's not straight forward and there is a lot of chances for anyone reading it to miss the upgrade and provide other basic stuff.

Eg.) Insulation included in my package is R2.0 (for BASIX) however as per council requirement it was upgraded to R2.5. These two items are not under the same heading in the final variation list. I'm afraid that they will just provide R2.0 and miss R2.5 just as an example. There are many items like that. Why can't they just remove the items that won't be provided and include only the required i.e., R2.5 in the above case - wouldn't that be much easier.

When I asked my CSA, she said they will provide R2.5 in the above case but I'm really worried about the other items. Please share your experience.

Hi kunalg we upgraded our to R2.7 for external walls and R4 for the roof. I checked and they were correctly supplied , I too was worried with how the final variation list included tender,deleted and upgraded items. You will get another list which is called the complete product selection, that is your friend. Make sure everything in that is correct.
However few things were confused like incorrect size doors were ordered , large mirror in bathroom , isolation switch to fireplace was forgotten and few other things mainly because we had quite a few PCV's .
I maintained a spreadsheet of my own with upgrades and corresponding PCV. This came handy as it was easy to point out to my BS what upgrade and what PCV I was referring to.

voz
kunalg

Hi kunalg,

It happened with me as well. My friend & I are building in different locations and we found the prices to be different for the same item. His PCVs were $100 to $300 less however I didn't question it. I think it's worth asking though and they should answer you properly. Are you and your brother-in-law building in the same location?

Hi Voz, Thanks for your reply.. yes both of us are building in the same Estate and the price difference is more than $500 and it is not just one item, Have came across quite a few of those.....
LouiseLawson27

We also had to order a 149 (twice actually) once for the sales rep to do estimation and once for CDC application. The certificate lasts 6mths and we were just outside that for the 2nd time we needed it.
Ours is a KDR.
I think ours was about $60 ea.

Heads up.. this is what your wall will look like when quicklec are finally convinced that they did not install copper wiring through the home during construction. You get exposed wiring protruding out your gyprock!!! Ugly right? All this time they were adamant that they did their part. 4 weeks past settlement and I have had no phone line.
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good landscape and fencing person pls?
Thanks.
cheeku
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a good landscape and fencing person pls?
Thanks.

Sent via PM

Sent from my iThing via Tapatalk
alina1184
Hi kunalg we upgraded our to R2.7 for external walls and R4 for the roof. I checked and they were correctly supplied , I too was worried with how the final variation list included tender,deleted and upgraded items. You will get another list which is called the complete product selection, that is your friend. Make sure everything in that is correct.
However few things were confused like incorrect size doors were ordered , large mirror in bathroom , isolation switch to fireplace was forgotten and few other things mainly because we had quite a few PCV's .
I maintained a spreadsheet of my own with upgrades and corresponding PCV. This came handy as it was easy to point out to my BS what upgrade and what PCV I was referring to.

Thanks Alina1184,

When did you find out these issues and pointed out to Site Supervisor? Like your weekend site trip / inspection? or were these issues found by an independent inspector engaged by you?

Cheers
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum