Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 732 of 778
dreamh0me
Does anyone know when is the start date of your house build commence ie when do I start counting 39 weeks from.

I have heard that it is from site cut but then heard it is from when your file goes into construction.

Hi, it's from when they start excavation.
emdee
mikegrg1
By the way is the Christmas new year 3 week shutdown included in the build period? Or is it added on top of the building period?

We asked verbally and were told it was included. But you should try to get it in writing because it's not clear in the contract.
Note that although EBH's head office closes down for the 3 weeks, but some contractors still work throughout. We had brick contractors on site on New Year's Eve.

I did call the office and they said that 3 week break is not included and will be added on top. Reading Contract seems confusing

mikegrg1
emdee
mikegrg1
By the way is the Christmas new year 3 week shutdown included in the build period? Or is it added on top of the building period?

We asked verbally and were told it was included. But you should try to get it in writing because it's not clear in the contract.
Note that although EBH's head office closes down for the 3 weeks, but some contractors still work throughout. We had brick contractors on site on New Year's Eve.

I did call the office and they said that 3 week break is not included and will be added on top. Reading Contract seems confusing

Have you started building yet? Email your admin coordinator and ask them what's the expected practical completion date. It's calculated from the day they excavate.

The rainfall days is what will blow out the completion time though. It's very unclear in the contract how they define 'adverse weather'.
mikegrg1

Good question. I would also like to know! I haven't asked yet.
wongbruce
emdee
Hi,
When would we expect the bill? We're almost near completion and haven't seen a bill yet?
Thanks

Well the question is, is there a meter installed yet? If not then you don't pay yet until they do.

No idea, would have to check, thanks!
I've seen some posts about when completion date is, but not sure if anyone's posted anything about building delays with Eden Brae.

Has anyone experienced building delays due to 'adverse weather' or due to other reasons outside of your control?
emdee
I've seen some posts about when completion date is, but not sure if anyone's posted anything about building delays with Eden Brae.

Has anyone experienced building delays due to 'adverse weather' or due to other reasons outside of your control?

Its mainly rain... especially before the roof goes in... if there's rain then there's no work...

With the 54 standard paint colours, are we able to go half strength with them, or are they only available in full strength?

winto_04
With the 54 standard paint colours, are we able to go half strength with them, or are they only available in full strength?

Full strength.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Hey, does anyone have a recent list of the prices for electrical upgrades....power points, down lights ect? Thanks in advance!
I have recently heard many stories of Smeg oven doors exploding and that the appliances are not great. Smeg seems to be Eden Braes choice for $1 upgrade.

We signed up for two Smeg ovens ( upgraded) and we are now nervous.

Any advice from people who have had Smeg ovens or who are putting one in would be appreciated

Next paint related question - is it one colour throughout or can you have a couple of colours (without upgrading)?

I wonder why they provide smeg even though they are on the higher side compared to Rawson and wisdom. Is that because of a higher markup or something that I am missing?

I have just had a look online and it seems the Smeg ovens afftected are model SC378MFX which only seem to be supplied in the UK

If anyone is interested

Sent from my iThing via Tapatalk
For anyone out there just starting out or moving through the early stages, in regards to bricks, there are catergories A through to H, but be aware that range H has 4 subcategories - H1,H2,H3 and H4, with the price obviously increasing with each. If you would like more info PM me.

Can anyone tell me if they have had their bathroom shower tiles laid top to bottom instead of bottom top?

Ours appear to be laid top to bottom as the tiler has cut the bottom row in half to fit in the remaining gap.

Also noticeable is that he has laid the skirting tile after he has done the shower tiles.

There is a full size skirting tile right next to a half size shower tile.

bugbos
Can anyone tell me if they have had their bathroom shower tiles laid top to bottom instead of bottom top?

Ours appear to be laid top to bottom as the tiler has cut the bottom row in half to fit in the remaining gap.

Also noticeable is that he has laid the skirting tile after he has done the shower tiles.

There is a full size skirting tile right next to a half size shower tile.

I think you need to get them to redo it. Surely they go from the bottom up!

Don't accept that tiling - mAke them redo it - that's shocking!
Thanks guys so far we’ve realised it’s not just us that thinks this.

We haven’t brought this up with our site supervisor yet but hoping to meet with him this Thursday to address this and a bunch of other imperfections.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum