Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 709 of 778
We did kdr at Sutherland shire. So far we're happy with progress we also haven't had any building variation -- whatever is in the tender that's what we're billed.

We had to organise demolition however and had to pay separate CDC fee and bond to council.
wongbruce
winto_04
Who pays for the application fees for CDC - Eden Brae or us?

Eden Brae does. That is what the initial 5% deposit is for and in addition it should be in your tender and contract.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

Thanks Bruce!

Does anyone know if there is any chance of changing the special conditions in the building contract? There are a few clauses we would like rewritten or added to, to give us a little more security and to clarify things.

We had an allowance of $100 a day if the build went over our contract time. This was a standard addition to KDR contracts at the time I believe. We ended up being finished well before the contract time but the clause gave us extra security as we were renting while the house was being built.

Hi..wondering if someone can guide me in terms of getting glazing on windows or not..I love natural light but wondering if glazing is usefuul for prvacy and heat-what type of glazing is best or are there any other options?
Signed our tender! Exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

winto_04
Signed our tender! Exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

Congrats guys..all the best with it!

Sent from my iThing via Tapatalk
cheeku
Hi..wondering if someone can guide me in terms of getting glazing on windows or not..I love natural light but wondering if glazing is usefuul for prvacy and heat-what type of glazing is best or are there any other options?

There's a few options, if you're thinking of films to apply directly to your windows (as opposed to window dressings like shutters, etc): frosting is a great option, where you can apply plain or patterned adhesive to windows...I've done this in my place & it's great. Otherwise, there are a variety of tints you can apply, with different types of finishes which have differing degrees of privacy & sun restriction.
If you'd like some pics of my frosting, feel free to let me know

Hi PixiGT,
Can you please send pics of frosted windows to me as well. I'm also thinking about doing the same to the Kitchen window.

krishnasharma
Hi PixiGT,
Can you please send pics of frosted windows to me as well. I'm also thinking about doing the same to the Kitchen window.

Did anyone take Sienna Facade? I would like to change default Harvard facade to Sienna. Sales guy added 5250 as the estimated price. Shouldn't they adjust the price considering the default facade price?
Did Eden Brae provide rendering for facade as well.
I am building Ivanhoe 27 at Marsden Park as. H&L package.
Thanks
Iftekhar
Did anyone take Sienna Facade? I would like to change default Harvard facade to Sienna. Sales guy added 5250 as the estimated price. Shouldn't they adjust the price considering the default facade price?
Thanks

Rendering always is an extra cost and if it's required you can make your changes at the colour appointment.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
PixiGT
krishnasharma
Hi PixiGT,

Thanks. Looks nice.

krishnasharma
PixiGT
krishnasharma
Hi PixiGT,

(Deleted pics to save space...)

Thanks. Looks nice.

No worries; glad you like it

I applied the frosting by myself after ordering custom measure online..

wongbruce
Iftekhar
Thanks

Rendering always is an extra cost and if it's required you can make your changes at the colour appointment.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Started reading your blog and some others from yesterday. Learning a lot of things before the tender on 4th April.
Hi Guys,
As i am having a Tender presentation on 4th April, the CSo said i have to sign the Tender on that day. That sounds no sense as i have not seen the Home Option Gallery and other staffs as well. Do i really need to sign on that day for a H & L package? Does that mean all other further changes will be treated as a PCV and they will charge for that.
Seeking everyone's kind consent as i am very new in this field
Iftekhar
Hi Guys,
As i am having a Tender presentation on 4th April, the CSo said i have to sign the Tender on that day. That sounds no sense as i have not seen the Home Option Gallery and other staffs as well. Do i really need to sign on that day for a H & L package? Does that mean all other further changes will be treated as a PCV and they will charge for that.
Seeking everyone's kind consent as i am very new in this field

Do you have any $1 deals? If you do yes you need to sign on the day. Read the terms and conditions in regards to this.

Any further changes you make will indeed form part of the PVC.

Home Option Gallery is open Monday to Saturday.

Tiles are done at Di Lorenzo in Baulkham Hills. They are also open on Monday to Saturday.

PGH Bricks open 7 days a week for your Bricks and tiles.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
Help- moroka finish-is it the type of quote that you can still see bricks underneath?
cheeku
Help- moroka finish-is it the type of quote that you can still see bricks underneath?

Indeed it is. I would recommend a render finish even though it's a bit more expensive but makes the house look good.

We have added this to our home and it wasn't too expensive.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
thnkuu Bruce.
No problems!

Good luck

Kind Regards,

Bruce
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum