Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 673 of 778
You are right the bench overhang on that side is tiny. Could you put it at the back of the drawers instead (so where the bench overhangs further for seating?). We put a PowerPoint at the other end on the wall behind the sink so we can sit down that end with laptops etc.

Hi Lincoln
We had a similar issue which we did not pick up until our kitchen was installed but before power points fitted. We spoke to our SS and he made sure the PowerPoint love cation was changed. Not sure if all SS are as helpful though!

kim_kdr
You are right the bench overhang on that side is tiny. Could you put it at the back of the drawers instead (so where the bench overhangs further for seating?). We put a PowerPoint at the other end on the wall behind the sink so we can sit down that end with laptops etc.

Thanks Kim. I just didn't realise that the over hang wasn't the same on the stool side and the ends too.

Did you put the power point under the bench at the opposite end? I think at the back of the drawers is a good option for us. Gives us good power point coverage then

Marko56
Hi Lincoln
We had a similar issue which we did not pick up until our kitchen was installed but before power points fitted. We spoke to our SS and he made sure the PowerPoint love cation was changed. Not sure if all SS are as helpful though!

Thanks Mark. That's a good idea actually. We have a very good SS so I'll bring it up with him. I really didn't think (read: hoped) that it would be an issue considering it would just mean placing it elsewhere in that vicinity.

This pic shows where we put ours. The sink is behind the two pots (reversed layout to yours). I mainly use this PowerPoint for vacuuming but the plan was for it to be used for laptops etc for sitting at the end of the bench.

venniechada
Steven la approach brama_bull in who is building in oran park. He does landscape plans from $350 I believe.

thanks for that. I did a landscape plan using Photoshop, but I am not sure if its okay with council. EBH didnt give me a clue. Anyway, I ll just have to wait and see what going to happen.
kim_kdr

This pic shows where we put ours. The sink is behind the two pots (reversed layout to yours). I mainly use this PowerPoint for vacuuming but the plan was for it to be used for laptops etc for sitting at the end of the bench.

Thanks Kim. Going to see if I can get ours on that wall but up under the bench so my appliances can reach it, and we'd also have the option for laptops etc too.

Hi all

Did anyone get any emails from EBH asking yourself to apply for a Flood certificate through council ?

I though this has nothing to do with us since EBH has to take care of this ?
Lincoln35_mckinley
kim_kdr

Thanks Kim. Going to see if I can get ours on that wall but up under the bench so my appliances can reach it, and we'd also have the option for laptops etc too.

I would still go for one down the other end if you plan for appliances. It will be tricky to reach over that part of bench so you would have to walk around each time to plug in etc. I planned on using appliances in the corner by the cooker but have ended up using them a lot more in the little alcove by the fridge.

kim_kdr
Lincoln35_mckinley
kim_kdr

I would still go for one down the other end if you plan for appliances. It will be tricky to reach over that part of bench so you would have to walk around each time to plug in etc. I planned on using appliances in the corner by the cooker but have ended up using them a lot more in the little alcove by the fridge.

It really is not the most functional kitchen when it comes to things like power points is it! I'd much rather have a power point easily accessible near the main bench because that will be the main prep area especially when I'm cooking with the kids.

I'm planning on having my coffee machine and kettle in the niche so might not have room there for appliances. I had thought of using the corner power point too, because we will have the microwave in the pantry on one of those butcher block tables. I've also put a power point in there. What I would love is one of those power points that pop up out of the bench, that would be pretty cool

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else had a change of site supervisor during the build? We are almost finished bricks but just received an email last night saying there will be a change of supervisor. Has anyone got Shaun as their site supervisor?

Cheers!
Hi is anyone building or have finish building Livingstone 23 or similar house ? My theatre room is open (3 walled) I liked it due to fact it allowed light to hallway where as if closed off didn't allow nature light in has anyone closed it off or partly closed off if yes how much did it cost any picture would be helpful thanks.

swiftsport
Hi is anyone building or have finish building Livingstone 23 or similar house ? My theatre room is open (3 walled) I liked it due to fact it allowed light to hallway where as if closed off didn't allow nature light in has anyone closed it off or partly closed off if yes how much did it cost any picture would be helpful thanks.

I partially closed it off with two 820mm sliding door and plasterboard wall. I think that would be enough to allow sunlight.

Jahangir
swiftsport

I partially closed it off with two 820mm sliding door and plasterboard wall. I think that would be enough to allow sunlight.

THANKS for the help Jahangir, that is something I'm after how much they quote you please ? And did you get all the cupboards done from kitchen culture too?

swiftsport
Jahangir
swiftsport

THANKS for the help Jahangir, that is something I'm after how much they quote you please ? And did you get all the cupboards done from kitchen culture too?

I will do overhead cupboards and pantry after handover.

Plasterboard wall - $200

Sliding door price depends on Corinthian door type.
2No. 2340x820 Moda PMODG 5 with clear glazing - $672
2No. 2340x820 RIMP paint grade with translucent glazing - $1422

Moda door
https://www.corinthian.com.au/Products/ ... Moda-PMOD5

RIMM door
https://www.corinthian.com.au/Products/ ... Range/RIMM
Jahangir
swiftsport
Jahangir
[quote="swiftsport"]Hi is anyone building or have finish building Livingstone 23 or similar house ? My theatre room is open (3 walled) I liked it due to fact it allowed light to hallway where as if closed off didn't allow nature light in has anyone closed it off or partly closed off if yes how much did it cost any picture would be helpful thanks.

I will do overhead cupboards and pantry after handover.

Plasterboard wall - $200

Sliding door price depends on Corinthian door type.
2No. 2340x820 Moda PMODG 5 with clear glazing - $672
2No. 2340x820 RIMP paint grade with translucent glazing - $1422

Moda door
https://www.corinthian.com.au/Products/ ... Moda-PMOD5

RIMM door
https://www.corinthian.com.au/Products/ ... Range/RIMM[/quote]

Thanks are you sure cost $200 only to erect wall and doors about 1422?

Anyone on here get the Baumatic Dishwasher one there package? , we have one and you can't fit Dinner plates in it upright!!, unbelievable

Hey Phil. Just a thought - have you got the upper basket in the lower height position (model BDW65S)?If so it might help to raise the height of the upper basket.

Marko56
Hey Phil. Just a thought - have you got the upper basket in the lower height position (model BDW65S)?If so it might help to raise the height of the upper basket.

Thanks for that Marko,didn't even know you could do that, you would have thought they install it in that position originally, all good now ?
Cheers

Hi All

I am building with Eden Brae Homes, They quote for me about $4000 before the land registered , in case of my land is in 12,5 BAL zone .

They provide all the aluminium mesh to all windows and doors that required

However, after the registration, my land is not in that 12,5 BAL . So they are giving me back $4000.

My question is: should I get it to be done after handover with the same material or just let the builder to finish the job ?

Will it be a little bit saving or not ?

Thanks guys
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum