Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 661 of 778
Want some advice from all the experts, I got my Kitchen variations quote from Kitchen Culture which is close to 15K, offcourse we want a lot of additions. Currently I am confused if I should get a quote from outside to see if same things can be done post handover in order to bring that 15K down. My question is how worth it is to do it post handover and what kind of challenges others have faced (if any)
Hi Ausman,
My kitchen upgrade was close to $11000 including splash glass.
I have approached few kitchens and they didn't want to do bits and pieces they said they will do full kitchen.
Finding exact finish/material is the only challenge.
I am doing splash glass outside through Galaxy glass. The Galaxy glass quoted $2200 includes glass behind rage hood and Kitchen quoture quoted $3500 doesn't include glass behind range hood with only two power outlets additional cutout $150.

Ausman
Want some advice from all the experts, I got my Kitchen variations quote from Kitchen Culture which is close to 15K, offcourse we want a lot of additions. Currently I am confused if I should get a quote from outside to see if same things can be done post handover in order to bring that 15K down. My question is how worth it is to do it post handover and what kind of challenges others have faced (if any)

Ausman mine sitting at $11500 without splash back with almost same variations as Desibloke. To be honest still very bland and stock looking

Thank you guys to know your situation, that will make me comfortable with my quote. Desibloke, you are right about finding like for like quotes from outside. Swiftsport I agree about the stock standard look, hence got them to quote me Laminex Crystal Gloss across all the kithen cabinets which in itself costing around 4K.
Here are few items from the quote

Provide craftwood bulkheads to overhead cupboards ready
for paint. Includes flyover panel above rangehood. Builder
to provide plaster, paint and cornice. Joiner to provide sub
frame. $646

Provide a Hettich 0047823 Hideaway Compact 2x20L Door
Pull built-in waste bin to far LHS of island. $454

Provide 1x bank of 3 drawers to either side of oven in
lieu of standard cabinet. Configuration to be 1no
cutlery drawer above and 2no pot drawers below.
Includes Hettich silver soft close full extension 30kg
runners.
Total 6
$1020

Provide 20mm Group 1 Caesarstone benchtop to kitchen in
lieu of stone promo.
Island bench Colour – Ocean Foam
Cooktop run bench Colour – Night Sky
$616

Provide 20mm Group 1 Caesarstone waterfall end to island
RHS.
Colour – Ocean Foam
$1080

Provide single sided Crystalgloss finish throughout kitchen
and pantry in lieu of standard laminate finish. Colour - Ash
White
$3883

Kitchen Culture to provide glass splashback to
kitchen. Glass splashback to be located kitchen
cooktop run & pantry exterior/corner return.
$2146
Ausman
Thank you guys to know your situation, that will make me comfortable with my quote. Desibloke, you are right about finding like for like quotes from outside. Swiftsport I agree about the stock standard look, hence got them to quote me Laminex Crystal Gloss across all the kithen cabinets which in itself costing around 4K.
Here are few items from the quote

Provide craftwood bulkheads to overhead cupboards ready
for paint. Includes flyover panel above rangehood. Builder
to provide plaster, paint and cornice. Joiner to provide sub
frame. $646

Provide a Hettich 0047823 Hideaway Compact 2x20L Door
Pull built-in waste bin to far LHS of island. $454

Provide 1x bank of 3 drawers to either side of oven in
lieu of standard cabinet. Configuration to be 1no
cutlery drawer above and 2no pot drawers below.
Includes Hettich silver soft close full extension 30kg
runners.
Total 6
$1020

Provide 20mm Group 1 Caesarstone benchtop to kitchen in
lieu of stone promo.
Island bench Colour – Ocean Foam
Cooktop run bench Colour – Night Sky
$616

RHS.
Colour – Ocean Foam
$1080

Provide single sided Crystalgloss finish throughout kitchen
and pantry in lieu of standard laminate finish. Colour - Ash
White
$3883

Kitchen Culture to provide glass splashback to
kitchen. Glass splashback to be located kitchen
cooktop run & pantry exterior/corner return.
$2146

Ausman you got good quote for splash back for pantry exterior and corner return we gave that a miss as we were quoted $5000 for splashback I haven't a cue why prices vary so much.

Bulkhead same as yours $646.80

Runners 30kg $948.48 four draws 2 either side oven yours 6.

Hi All,
My bulkhead was close to $700
Splash glass$3500
The prices are not consistent.

Any one wanting quotes on splashbacks call Phil from Hills District Glass 0414205845

Ausman

RHS.
Colour – Ocean Foam
$1080

How big is your island bench ? How come I got the quote of $1900 for the island bench .

I think most of the island bench has got nearly same size, but my price is like double than yours. What kind of design are you building ?
Hi SteVen_la,
I am building Cremorne 35. Island is 900mm wide and 300mm overhang, don't know the length. Very strange why kitchen Culture has different quotes though...
Hi all, we are building the Livingstone 22. Our land won't register until August so we will not have our colour appointment etc. until around March. That's not stopping us from looking at colours and furniture though!

We have put an extra allowance in our tender to allow for upgrades when we go for our HOG and electrical appointment. We've placed a butler's pantry where the regular walk-in pantry was (just like on display) - however, we're concerned as to how much this will take outside of our allowance as it is a blank space on the plans at the moment. The rest of the kitchen will have 20mm stone benchtops and a tile splashback.

We will need to pay for all the fittings and materials for the butler's pantry. Has anyone done this before with the Livingstone or another EBH design? Would someone happen to know roughly how much we would be up for?
WarpSpeed79
Hi all, we are building the Livingstone 22. Our land won't register until August so we will not have our colour appointment etc. until around March. That's not stopping us from looking at colours and furniture though!

We have put an extra allowance in our tender to allow for upgrades when we go for our HOG and electrical appointment. We've placed a butler's pantry where the regular walk-in pantry was (just like on display) - however, we're concerned as to how much this will take outside of our allowance as it is a blank space on the plans at the moment. The rest of the kitchen will have 20mm stone benchtops and a tile splashback.

We will need to pay for all the fittings and materials for the butler's pantry. Has anyone done this before with the Livingstone or another EBH design? Would someone happen to know roughly how much we would be up for?

The pantry might not fit double check your plans first if your Livingstone is a MK3 or MK4 chances are it's zero lot and display house pantry area is larger than yours we had this problem. Pantry option I think $3350 with 20mm stone and cupboards will not fit in there we only found out once doing our kitchen appointment.

swiftsport
WarpSpeed79

The pantry might not fit double check your plans first if your Livingstone is a MK3 or MK4 chances are it's zero lot and display house pantry area is larger than yours we had this problem. Pantry option I think $3350 with 20mm stone and cupboards will not fit in there we only found out once doing our kitchen appointment.

Hi WarpSpeed79 & swiftsport,
I agree with swiftsport (I will say here that I did not build a Livingstone; mine was a Foxley, however I reviewed the Livingstone extensively), & found the same dilemma regarding the spatial requirements.
As an Occupational Therapist & try-hard property investor (lol!) I have had opportunities to design functional utility (kitchen/laundry) & bathroom spaces for peeps with and without disabilities (not extensively, however there are common principles applied to the approach when designing spaces for use), & there are some potential barriers to effective use of all available space/ergonomic challenges in the existing layout of the Livingstone's in varying degrees, which become exacerbated when fitting out according to some of the current layouts.
It may be worth - if you are bold enough - thinking outside the box by modifying your wall positions/orientation to really make the most of the space, then you can effectively fit-out from there, according to your needs (who will be using & how will the space be used, what type of prep areas/storage areas you need, what are the most common things you do in the space, etc).
Just a suggestion

All the best with it, whatever you decide to do

Sent using Tapatalk
PixiGT

Hi WarpSpeed79 & swiftsport,
I agree with swiftsport (I will say here that I did not build a Livingstone; mine was a Foxley, however I reviewed the Livingstone extensively), & found the same dilemma regarding the spatial requirements.
As an Occupational Therapist & try-hard property investor (lol!) I have had opportunities to design functional utility (kitchen/laundry) & bathroom spaces for peeps with and without disabilities (not extensively, however there are common principles applied to the approach when designing spaces for use), & there are some potential barriers to effective use of all available space/ergonomic challenges in the existing layout of the Livingstone's in varying degrees, which become exacerbated when fitting out according to some of the current layouts.
It may be worth - if you are bold enough - thinking outside the box by modifying your wall positions/orientation to really make the most of the space, then you can effectively fit-out from there, according to your needs (who will be using & how will the space be used, what type of prep areas/storage areas you need, what are the most common things you do in the space, etc).
Just a suggestion

All the best with it, whatever you decide to do

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey Pixi, that's a great point. I was just showing Swiftsport in a PM our amendments to the regular plan to allow for a more open pantry area. The blank area will then be filled with cupboards (no bulkheads) when we go for our colour and kitchen appointment. What are your thoughts?

Hi WarpSpeed79,

I'm also building Livingstone 23. I extended the house 1m to the length. On the kitchen side I closed off the entry between study and pantry. increased the study and dining depth 500mm. I think a small study area in the house is useful. You can use it for different purpose. For the pantry I also have a sink provision in the middle.

Looking at your plan, you have created two pantries! your pantry fit-out cost will be high. I would do it after handover. I suggest a CSD door between kitchen and butler's pantry.

Have you seen other people's livingstone plan -
http://edenbraelivingstone23.blogspot.c ... ne-23.html
http://livingstone22.blogspot.com.au/20 ... plans.html
Hi guys, at last Eden Brae Homes has a decent modern web site - http://www.edenbraehomes.com.au
Hi,

anyone has any experience with complaining agaist a CSR? Does that work at all?

My first CSR is wonderful ubfortunately she was swapped out in the process. the new csr is very impatient, rude and lazy. she answers(if ever) questions without reading my file. i really had enough of her.

i want to complain to her manager but is concerned about possible repcussion. another reason is im very close to construction stage. will i deal with her anymore once in construction? because if i wont have to deal with her then i wont bother.

another question is what happens when your file release to construction? i was given a releasing date of 9th dec but dont really know what that means. is this the site start day? i asked her but she doesnt reply my email. and cant get to her on phone

Hi Kezhu. I have no experience of actually complaining about our CSO. However on one occasion we were unhappy with certain matters so we documented our concerns in an email and sent it to management@edenbraehomes.com.au with a cc to our CSO. We received a prompt acknowledgement of our concerns from a senior manager and a fairly swift resolution to our satisfaction. We also found it better to email each time as it gives a clear record and removes the "he said/she said" element.

Released to construction means that the file is with the construction team who will start ordering supplies, and appointing a site manager. This means they have 20 days until the contractual period for construction 30 weeks in our case) commences.

Marko56
Hi Kezhu. I have no experience of actually complaining about our CSO. However on one occasion we were unhappy with certain matters so we documented our concerns in an email and sent it to management@edenbraehomes.com.au with a cc to our CSO. We received a prompt acknowledgement of our concerns from a senior manager and a fairly swift resolution to our satisfaction. We also found it better to email each time as it gives a clear record and removes the "he said/she said" element.

Released to construction means that the file is with the construction team who will start ordering supplies, and appointing a site manager. This means they have 20 days until the contractual period for construction 30 weeks in our case) commences.

thanks Marko, im still abit confused. the 20 days ordering etc was called released to productuon in my case, then after that is the release to construction.

Sorry for the confusion. That's correct. Released to production is when they programme everything, order materials and appoint the site manager. Released to construction is when the 20 days period starts. I am pretty sure we received a letter from EB explaining all this at the time.

Hi Marko,
I had drama from my CSO, she doesn't check the facts and will call me saying you haven't signed PCV's.
Blasted her, as it was EBH who is holding and not me. I reminded her who is customer here and advised her I am not buying packet of chips.
Mate you are not spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to make friends.
I can guarantee you one thing if you don't stick to your guns they will take you for ride. The head office is rubbish, I had my fair share of problems.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum