Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 547 of 778
kim_kdr
Thanks BaulkhamHills. Unfortunately that won't work for us. Our kitchen won't have any overhead cupboards so it would just be a strip running up. The pic you have linked is almost identical to our old kitchen splashback (colour and all!) and I like this look. Just don't think it will work without the cupboards.

I think we will try and talk to management directly. Avoid our CSA altogether now.

Good luck with your complaint. There is a management email that you can directly contact them on. I can understand your frustration. My escalation to management was also in relation to my kitchen so I was pretty upset at the time. My only difference is that I had a wonderful CSA that was willing to help me escalate my issue to management. My kitchen issue was also approved due to the legally binding contract that was agreed to by us and EBH, otherwise I am sure it would have been a flat no as well.

HB hmmm not sure then what the noisy water sound is that you can hear from a different room.
Baulkham Hills
kim_kdr
Thanks BaulkhamHills. Unfortunately that won't work for us. Our kitchen won't have any overhead cupboards so it would just be a strip running up. The pic you have linked is almost identical to our old kitchen splashback (colour and all!) and I like this look. Just don't think it will work without the cupboards.

I think we will try and talk to management directly. Avoid our CSA altogether now.

Good luck with your complaint. There is a management email that you can directly contact them on. I can understand your frustration. My escalation to management was also in relation to my kitchen so I was pretty upset at the time. My only difference is that I had a wonderful CSA that was willing to help me escalate my issue to management. My kitchen issue was also approved due to the legally binding contract that was agreed to by us and EBH, otherwise I am sure it would have been a flat no as well.

HB hmmm not sure then what the noisy water sound is that you can hear from a different room.

we have a guest room wall shared with our ensuite and can hear lots of noise there when using shower or toilet.
stephaniek88
Hi Newport38,

We got quoted $2100 to have our 3000L water tank placed under the slab which I thought was pretty reasonable..

Hey Stephaniek88,

Just a quick question. When was this quoted?

We have requested the exact same item back in March (2014) and were quoted $3,100. Quite a difference...

Shayne
Hi Shayne,

This was quoted 2 weeks ago.. It is an aquacomb system..
It's strange for the price to vary so much..
stephaniek88
Hi Shayne,

This was quoted 2 weeks ago.. It is an aquacomb system..
It's strange for the price to vary so much..

Hi Stephaniek88,

So strange, yes ours is exactly the same! Can I ask if your package already included 'slimline' as standard?

It might come down to our packages. Since the Livingstone is part of the smartliving range our standard was the round watertank? Hence why we might be seeing such a price difference...

Lets hope so anyway!
Shayne
Nik865
Hi everybody My partner and I are building a livingstone 23 mk with EB and we have our gallery appointment in January next year... We were given a folder at our tender contract appointment but I've noticed there isn't any idea of prices in the info.. How has everybody found info out? Just by going into the shops? We are looking at upgrading carpet to laminate but unsure of cost... Also sky light in our guest bathroom.. Any feed back with be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Nik,

Bit delayed as just reading back through the thread. I'm also building the Livingstone 23 with EB and have put together a blog which might help you at your Colour Selection Appointment, specifically what comes standard. We found it really challenging to get all the information in advance so we could be organised for the appointments. I honestly have no idea how people can decide everything in two days?

The post is under 'July - Standard Inclusions'

Anyway, hope it helps you for January!

Best,
Shayne
Hi Shayne,

We had the same as you it was a round 3000 litre tank and it was going to take up to ugh of our backyard..
How can they change prices? Very weird!

I'll check out your blog I'm really interested to see what comes standard.. We booked our first colour appointment today for 3 weeks time to give us a chance to decide what theme we want..

Where is your house up to?

Thanks
Stephanie
stephaniek88
Hi Shayne,

We had the same as you it was a round 3000 litre tank and it was going to take up to ugh of our backyard..
How can they change prices? Very weird!

I'll check out your blog I'm really interested to see what comes standard.. We booked our first colour appointment today for 3 weeks time to give us a chance to decide what theme we want..

Where is your house up to?

Thanks
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Our land has been registered and we have just signed the last PCV (post contract variation) to say no further variations past this point! We'll get our final plans back for one last review and approval and then we'll be released to construction. Realistically I don't think we'll get a slab prior to xmas, I think it'll be more like end of January or early February. But I could be wrong (I hope I'm wrong!)

Yes, feel free to check out the blog. I created it because of the lack of information available particularly when it comes to what comes standard and the whole HOG process. I also found it challenging to find recent costs so we could work on a rough budget. Anyway I hope it helps you prepare for your big day at the HOG. Would love to know what you think

Shout if any qu's - always happy to help!

Best,
Shayne
How exciting! Where are you building? We are in willowdale..

Your blog is excellent! So informative, makes me release how much research I need to do before my colour appointment in 3 weeks.. Was the cost for Upgrade to 40mm stone bench top with waterfall much less that the 80mm you went with?

Your kitchen inspiration photos are so nice.. How close did you get to what you wanted?

Thanks
Stephanie
I agree with Stephanie, my appointments are not till early next year due to mid year land registration but Shayne, your blog is very detailed and will be very helpful when we go.

Awesum stuff and good luck with the build, hopefully you start before the the new year!
Shayne-Livingstone23
Hi Nik,

Bit delayed as just reading back through the thread. I'm also building the Livingstone 23 with EB and have put together a blog which might help you at your Colour Selection Appointment, specifically what comes standard. We found it really challenging to get all the information in advance so we could be organised for the appointments. I honestly have no idea how people can decide everything in two days?

Best,
Shayne

Hi shayne,
I found your blog in august, it's been very helpful... Haven't seen any updates recently but it's kinda become my go to site lol it's helped us a lot.
stephaniek88
How exciting! Where are you building? We are in willowdale..

Your blog is excellent! So informative, makes me release how much research I need to do before my colour appointment in 3 weeks.. Was the cost for Upgrade to 40mm stone bench top with waterfall much less that the 80mm you went with?

Your kitchen inspiration photos are so nice.. How close did you get to what you wanted?

Thanks
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, can't wait to move into the new house! I'm so over renting!

Thanks for your comments on the blog. I'm just pleased it'll help in some way. I can't wait until we start getting to the build as then I'll have something actually exciting to post about!

To be honest, if it was left to me I would have left all the colour selections to those two days, because at the sales appointment they really sell it in that the team will walk you through every step and it' all be easy. However my partner pushed me to start making some decisions and after we started to do some further research we started to realise how much was involved...but it's only as hard as you make it!

With regards to your appointment in 3 weeks do you think you'll be prepared enough or are you thinking of rescheduling your appointment? We had 6 months between signing our contract and our colour selection appoint which allowed us to do all the running around. But we aren't quick decision makers and we had no idea what we wanted...we visited Di Lorenzo 10+ times!

Re: 40mm stones. I'm afraid I don't have any costs on that as we only ever looked at the 80mm for the island and 20mm for the cooktop run.

Re: Kitchen if I had my way we would have gone white polyurethane cupboards and Bone stone benchtops, but the price is just too ridiculous. We settle on two tone kitchen using natural laminex for the cupboards (Lustrous Elm + Polar White) and New Crystal Salt stone benchtops - which I'm also very happy with - and still costing $$$. We're only getting half the kitchen done through Kitchen Culture and we'll have to complete the rest after handover (the rest being; overhead cupboards for cooktop run, complete walk-in-pantry, mirrored splashback).

Woop woop - I just can't wait!
Shayne:)
paulm29
I agree with Stephanie, my appointments are not till early next year due to mid year land registration but Shayne, your blog is very detailed and will be very helpful when we go.

Awesum stuff and good luck with the build, hopefully you start before the the new year!

Thanks Paul - so pleased!

Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath about better a slab before Xmas
Nik865
Shayne-Livingstone23
Hi Nik,

Best,
Shayne

Hi shayne,
I found your blog in august, it's been very helpful... Haven't seen any updates recently but it's kinda become my go to site lol it's helped us a lot.

Hi Nik,

Nice
Yeh haven't made a post since September after our colour selection appointments - not too much to report on really - just waiting on the slab. Can't wait to see it all come to life. I'm most nervous about seeing the floor tiles and the feature tiles for the bathroom/ensuite. I've not seen anyone else use our feature tiles so I'm either going to love or hate them. I hope it's love otherwise we have wasted $$$!

All the best with everything - shout if I can be of any help?

Shayne
Hi guys,

Just finalising my electrical plan with HSI. Building single storey Livingstone 23. Here is my electrical plan. The quote came $5500 for extra power points, data/tv points, wall mount TVs, 3-way switches, batten holders, junction box light, outdoor power points. If you have feedback, ideas or advice please leave a comment.

Legends
Wow... 5.5k for all this is quite a bit in my opinion.
Is this what you'll be paying from your pocket, or does it include the credit that EBH provides as a part of your package?
Paying 5.5K on top of the standard inclusion. Things added -
- Extra Batten Holders - 12
- Junction Box Light - 3
- Junction Box (Light Point) - 1
- 3 Way Switch - 1
- extra Double power points - 13
- TV Points - 2
- Wall mount TV - 2
- Data CAT6 - 2
- WC exhaust Fan ducted externally -1
- Upgrade to the Navigator Keypad and slimline siren/strobe single story
- Door Bell Push Button
- Extra noggin for ceiling fan
- Outdoor power point - 2
- Provision for downlights - 4
Hi Jahangir,

Thanks for sharing the electrical plan. I am also building with Livingstone 23. Your electrical plans really helps as I am about to go for my electrical appointment soon. Did you specify the location of each points? In terms of height and distance apart etc?
Hi Shayne,

Thank you so much for sharing your blog. The contents you have are really helpful. It has been our to go site whenever we need reference. Saw your notes about the lessons learn, we'll keep it in mind for my upcoming color appointments.
Hi Jahangir,

I'd suggest adding a dual sensor in the garage.

Questions
*Did you request a ISO switch for oven and microwave or was this suggested?
*I can see you have 3 GPO's on your island? Whats the extra GPO for next to the dishwasher?
*Not sure what your plans are for Bed 3, but if you're going to put a double/queen bed centred in the room (as your powerpoint placements suggest) you might have trouble opening the build in robe doors?
*In your living room did you want 2 x TV points? 

Otherwise loving your modifications to the floor plan, really smart! Did you increase the overall length of the house? You home theatre looks huge!

Shayne
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum