Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 545 of 778
Hi All, I had my color selection with Home option gallery. I wanted to have different color paint in home theatre and living or bedroom. But the they said in that case each wall will be considered as a feature wall ($185 each). So, I can choose only one main color for the whole house! Is it the same case for all?
Jah that is the case for any extra feature wall

Mystro - it's a shame that you're not having much luck with your build. Do you have photos to prove to EB that the cour is diff. If you were shown an image and chose based on the colour then you might have a reason to pushEB. What cour was it you chose ?
Adan - you can head to PGH and ask for the builders list of colours. And at DI Lorenzo all tiles with yellow stickers ( unless it's changed in 12month) are the standard builders range.

There is plenty to choose without upgrading. Just depends what you want.

Our landscaping is nothing over the top and it's cost us 15k - fences, retaining walls, turf, concrete, plants, link edge. I severely under estimates the cost of landscaping.
Jahangir, we paid $350 for getting the home theatre walls painted in a different colour.
I was advised as long as the walls are in continuity...there's only one charge for it.
Anyone did kitchen glass splashback and overhead cabinets after handover. Could you provide me any contact person and cost involved.
kellyville75
Jahangir, we paid $350 for getting the home theatre walls painted in a different colour.
I was advised as long as the walls are in continuity...there's only one charge for it.

Thanks kellyville75.
Jahangir
Anyone did kitchen glass splashback and overhead cabinets after handover. Could you provide me any contact person and cost involved.

We have just had lots of joinery done post build (1 year on!) and can highly recommend the guy who did ours. I actually wish our whole kitchen was done by him now
Darren from Davella Kitchens 0414 408102. Quality was amazing and price was great too. Photos are on the blog.

Here is my alfresco tiling and it gives me the s*&^ts! You may be able to see the layers of dirt that are constantly on there which of course then get brought into the house especially from the pool. They are outdoor tiles and I wonder of the coarse nature of them means that the dirt sticks to them rather than blowing off if you know what I mean?? Does anyone have a suggestion for me of how to rectify? Down the track, I would even consider retiling....
Thanks Kerith.

Hi all, for freestanding cooker with stone benchtop do you have kickboard? KitchenCulture consultant suggest not to put kickboard with freestander, as liquid can spill off the gap between benchtop and cooker. Did you specify the gap between benchtop and cooker? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.
Hi all. Day 1 HOG meetng has taken place. Unfortunately both the kitchen consult and and the bathroom consultant were I'll so we did our electrical instead. We were well prepare as I had already prepared the power layout and the lighting layout. Malinda was great and made some excellent tweaks which improved things and saved some money - despite this our additional electrical is more than $12k..... The quote from Abbey was very competitive so we are going with them as well because the shutters will be installed when we move in.
We added colour to our driveway at the footpath crossover and added a path. Again, quote was quite reasonable. Upgrades the aircon to ESP Plus - exxy but worth it in terms of mch lower running costs, better flexibility and quieter operation. Amy helped up with colours, handles etc. Whew! Day 2 will be in two weeks and we will do kitchen, plumbing and tiles. So far we couldn't be happier with EB and their partners. Some minor issues have arisen but they responded well and we are very happy so far.
Kerith

Here is my alfresco tiling and it gives me the s*&^ts! You may be able to see the layers of dirt that are constantly on there which of course then get brought into the house especially from the pool. They are outdoor tiles and I wonder of the coarse nature of them means that the dirt sticks to them rather than blowing off if you know what I mean?? Does anyone have a suggestion for me of how to rectify? Down the track, I would even consider retiling....

Hi Kerith. We had a similar problem with our indoor tiles at our current home. A neighbour who worked in the industry suggested sealing the tiles with the warning that it could make them slippery, which obviously could be a safety issue in your situation. In the end we gave up and laid beautiful floating timber over the lot!

Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe invest in a cordless blower?
Jahangir
Thanks Kerith.

Hi all, for freestanding cooker with stone benchtop do you have kickboard? KitchenCulture consultant suggest not to put kickboard with freestander, as liquid can spill off the gap between benchtop and cooker. Did you specify the gap between benchtop and cooker? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

We have a kickboard and whilst it looks good, in hindsight if I had known that there would be a large enough gap to allow food scraps to fall in between the cooker and cupboards, then I would have chosen to not get the kickboard. There is no way to remove the scraps of food either as the gap is too small to allow a vaccum handle to fit (even with all my attachments!). We have had to resort to stuffing foil down the sides to stop things from falling within the gap. We did not specify the gap. you can try to if you want, but the installers will make sure that there is enough room to get the cooker in without fingers getting crushed in the process.

If I had my time again, I would upgrade to an undermount cooktop, which not only looks good, but would do away with the issue of the food scraps. Lucky for us the majority of our cooking is done in our outdoor kitchenette.

Kerith, can't help you either. If you ever find out a way to keep the outdoor tiles clean, then clue me in on it as we have the same issue
Marko56
Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe invest in a cordless blower?

I do have a cordless blower Marko56 but it only removes the leaf debris

Hello long lost friend BH! Hate my tiles so much LOL
We are getting a freestanding cooker and I love the look of them. A little worried now about the gap - we don't have a kick board specified so hopefully I can get the vacuum underneath ok.

Has anyone done decking outside instead of tiles? I wonder if that would be easier to keep clean.

We have had our first level of bricks done. Our site supervisor is confident we can get to lock up before Xmas. So far the build has all gone smoothly. Our sit supervisor has been brilliant and the pain of admin is becoming a distant memory.

Does anyone know what happens with the unused bricks? Do you get many? Has anyone managed to keep some aside to use for landscaping later on?

One more post from me - took me a while to figure out how to add the picture!

Kerith, I've put sealer on my porch tiles. Its made them a lil bit slippery...but its not that bad. Just need to be a bit careful if the area is wet. Works like a charm!

kim_kdr,

One of my neighbours was able to secure 2 palettes of unused bricks that he'll be using for landscaping.
However I wasnt that lucky... my SS took away all bricks and only left around 50 saying they are needed for another job.

Suggest you speak to your SS and tell him to leave as many bricks as you want.
Thanks BH.

Hi All, my concrete driveway left boundary is aligned to the garage door. Should it be upto the end of brickworks after garage door?
Jahangir
Thanks BH.

Hi All, my concrete driveway left boundary is aligned to the garage door. Should it be upto the end of brickworks after garage door?

Nope, that is how it is done for my driveway as well. Unless you paid extra to have it poured all the way across on the left hand side, you will have your driveway done the same way.

kimkdr Your house is really starting to take shape now. The Lincoln?? that is close to the school pretty much looks like it is up to PCI stage as the fence has been taken down and driveway poured. Is your SS looking after that one as well? My SS asked me if I wanted the unused bricks left after my bricking stage. But that is only because I had about 50 left. Not sure if they will leave them if you have more than half a pallet left over. No harm in asking though.
Hi baulkham hills. I originally thought that house was a Lincoln but not so sure now. The back is a bit different. So many other houses taking shape on that road now. My kids have made it a race and keep asking if we are Ahead or behind the other houses. I don't know if our SS is also looking after that house.

Good to hear about the brick. Hopefully we can get a few.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum