Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 527 of 778
Local will only give you a full occupancy certificate if everything on your plans has been done (i.e., what was required as part of your DA and CC). The OC is not dependant on your landscaping works. Only when everything is completed in accordance with what is shown on your plans and CC, will you get a full OC. All we had to do to get full OC was erect a retaining wall and stick a termite treatment sticker in our meter box. Once both were done, we got our full OC, even though landscaping is not finished.
Need2know, hopefully management come back to you with a favourable answer.
BH, were you able to get the retaining wall done BEFORE keys were handed over though?
Kerith
BH, were you able to get the retaining wall done BEFORE keys were handed over though?

Hell no. Troy would have killed us
We only recently got our full OC. EBH gave us the interim one.
Need2know - Re mixer taps. I find it unbelievable that even after a few clients have complained about the basin mixer taps being too long/ hazardous/design flaw that EB continue to supply them anyway?? It was brought to their attention months ago. It's good to see that some clients have had this addressed. One can only hope that you are shown the same courtesy, especially after everything you have had to put up with. Good Luck Need2know.
That's what I thought. Maybe HeathWilD had no retaining walls or special conditions to be able to get full certificate upon settlement. Most people will only get an interim.
No fences or walls done yet.

Granadz Drysdale
Need2know - Re mixer taps. I find it unbelievable that even after a few clients have complained about the basin mixer taps being too long/ hazardous/design flaw that EB continue to supply them anyway?? It was brought to their attention months ago. It's good to see that some clients have had this addressed. One can only hope that you are shown the same courtesy, especially after everything you have had to put up with. Good Luck Need2know.

Granadz Drysdale I wrote an email to the management yesterday and so far I havent received any response. Will give approach them tomorrow if i don't hear anything back from them...... Tension for nothing....
can any one send me contact details of a fencer who can install timber fence. Thanks
Kitchen question for those that have recently gone through kitchen selections - we're considering upgrading our essastone from one of the standard colours to another colour (perhaps New basmati, new crystal salt, etc...) for our Hawthorne 27. Does anyone have a rough idea on cost?
Cost me for sorbet about 2k on top
Sorbet was only $880 for us!

Obviously depends on the size of your kitchen but add a minimum of 1000
I have been in my house 1 year today! I also bumped into my SS tonight, he remembered our troublesome neighbours LOL

I am so happy in my home... I am now looking at decorating it with feature walls. I have got a wallpaperer coming out on Monday... I am so excited finding things to decorate each space. I ordered a lounge in April and I am still waiting delivery, should be here in July! I found something back in March, finally for the niche. My front and back garden are looking fabulous. And over Easter we finally finished our fence. Our neighbours on the other side start building this week... Looking forward to many happy years in our home!
N2K - we used sound insulation but haven't hooked up the TV yet, so cant help you sorry.

We were able to get final Occupancy, i requested it for finance. We were through local. I guess everything on the plans was done.

1st - happy 1 year! So good to hear how happy you are. Has the time flown because you have been busy organising little things here and there?

Im gonna put it out there that my laundry tiles are the cr@ppest tiles EVER to keep clean. Im so glad its just a laundry and i can close off the door. Big warning here, but if you have these tiles for the main area of your house please re-think them! and if youre already building id even recommend paying the $500 fee to have it changed, because they SUCK! i can not make them look clean. Ill be ringing DiL to see what they recommend. And i may even ring the manufacturer as i have the box to see what they say.

We got the 45x45cm ones. They look awesome. Great colour. thats about it! we have specifically the DC1944 Ash Smooth

Wow, Renski, I would have thought that those tiles would be easy to keep clean. We have ICE and you can see every footprint
have you figured out a way to keep them clean? unless i get down and wipe each tile seperately, then dry it completey with another towel it never looks clean, every water mark, and mop mark stays there. And then you walk on it and you see every footprint.
When we first moved in, I mopped about 4 times a day though we did have mud outside for months. I find my ENJO mop good for not leaving mop marks. Footprints? Got used to them & it also depends on how the sun is shining on them.
Try Earth Choice Tile and Floor Cleaner. Initially I used disinfectant but there were streaks/footprints everywhere. This product makes a big difference - you can buy it at the supermarket. I had the same problem as Kerith with our back living/dining/kitchen.
Try hot water and metho, mix 500ml metho with 4l of hot water.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum