Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 526 of 778
We chose all our tiles and carpet. So that include laundry flooring and splash back. Kitchen splash back, bathroom floor, wall and feature, and flooring tile for all living tiled areas.
Our taps are fixed, so we don't have the option of swivelling them around. One of main issues that we had was that the std tap and basin combination that came with our house was not on display at HOG when we went through. We were shown pictures of what we were going to get and thought fair enough it looks ok. If I had known about the issues then I would have upgraded our basin. It's no good for mgmt to tell me that the tap and basin combination is in the Jasper display home. We had no intention of building a Jasper and therefore had no reason to step foot inside the Jasper display! We are not the only EBH clients that complained about this either. I know that cooks started to tell clients of the issue at the start of last year...pity it was too late for us! Sorry to rant, but Need2know has opened up an extremely sore point for me.

Need2know, hopefully you can change the taps. No harm in asking.

Hayley, we chose a glass splash back during kitchens appointment so can't help you with the splash back tiles. Are you able to go to HOG and get samples for the colours that you might want? Colour of benchtop etc? Otherwise ask if you are able to select splash back tiles (or change them) after your kitchen appointment.
Kerith
Need2know
Has anyone experience issues with the tapware on there house. We have a fixed tapware on the basin, but the issue is it is too lengthy. We house was not on display and the one we looked at (different house) had small tapware. Do you think cook will chnage the tapware?

Yes, we had that issue and EBH changed it! Far too long for our vanity basins.One could have knocked teeth out when washing your face first thing in the morning and I would have constantly been cleaning toothpaste spitout off the spout!

Hi Kerith please advise if you have to pay any extra to get them replaced? If so, then how much?

Thanks
No extra cost - replaced during construction.
I have just received an email from CSA saying they will think if it can be replaced, if so then we have to pay $500 admin fee plus replacement cost. We selected the tapware from a pic without a basin how the hell i would have know that this is practically very inconvenient and unsafe.....
Hmmmm, not sure what to say?? Does seem a little inconsistent.
I have received a tentative date for our PCI. I have the cheklist with me. Can someone tell me if they provide all the certificated on the day of the settlement or do we have to apply somewhere.
It is so annoying. We are building Newport as well and there was no Newport house on display when we selected it. So it is not our fault either
N2N we were emailled occupation Cert just after PCI, hard copy is given to you at settlement.

Need2know
I have received a tentative date for our PCI. I have the cheklist with me. Can someone tell me if they provide all the certificated on the day of the settlement or do we have to apply somewhere.

On handover, you are given a folder with all certificates. In this we had our full occupation certificate.
1sttimebuilding2012
Need2know

On handover, you are given a folder with all certificates. In this we had our full occupation certificate.

First time, wouldn't that be your interim occupancy certificate?
N2N - i think you should keep fighting your case. it does seem unfair that something has been put in, and no one has pointed out to you that its not very suitable.

Im slowly trying to get back on track after we have moved in. there has been so much going on, trying to clean other house for leasing, organise this place and then work full time, leave NO time for being able to enjoy and set up my home.

Here are pics from settlement on my blog. will keep updating over the coming weeks as i catch up on myself. http://drysdaletheridge.blogspot.com.au/
Kerith
1sttimebuilding2012
Need2know

First time, wouldn't that be your interim occupancy certificate?

No we got our full occupation certificate... I was surprised on the day too... Depending on what level of finish your house is, it will be either interim or full.
Renski ur house looks nice...i wish i could get our flooring done after handover and save bit of money but didn't bother to wait
did u get single sink in ur ensuite ?

i have got our WIR and pantry fittings done yesterday. cost nearly 2k.
Dear all thnaks for replying back. Has anyone use/installed noise reduction batts for their media room. I have and I am concerened whether they have installed it or not. Will I get a certificate for that?
Hi all,

In terms of occupation certificate, does Eden Brae provide you with this? Or is it only the interim?

Thanks,
M

This is what EB gave me.

Thanks HeathWilD. They have told me they will only provide me with an interim and i will need to obtain my own OC once landscaping, fencing etc has been done.
With my mixer issue I have written to the management and let see what they come up with
HeathWilD
This is what EB gave me.

That is very interesting that LOCAL were able to give that to you. Were all your fences and retaining walls done or were they not required by Council?
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum