Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 521 of 778
Bandie - Very unsure of the charge to move your box though. im really confused as to why they would be charging you? final plans haven't been drawn up yet? its it the position of the metre box out the front that is making them put it on that side?
What floorplan are you guys building?

Amazingk -Our drop edge beam was 3K credit that we got back. removed it in the end and opted for 50cm cut and fill. WE have H Class slab, but it was already included in our package. But form what i have heard your quote is correct. what floor plan are you building?

Kerith - Finally was able to download the interior designers page and read through it, was so interesting. What did you find hardest about having a designer? I didn't get the paper so didn't see it! will ask at work tomorrow if anyone has a copy so i can see what it looks like.

Firsttimers - Good to hear youre settling in well. DO you think the stackers can be fixed easily?

AFM - for me its SETTLEMENT EVE! 7:45am meet our SS. Ive already seen 2 things that we didn't pick up just from walking around the outside more and taking more in. so 2 things on maintenance list already! just paint issues, nothing major. Then we have to drive to norwest 10:30am and hand over final bank cheque and we get the keys! What a year this has been.

We started looking at established in GP March last year, Mother days last year we saw a display home in jordan Springs and thats when Hubby saw the H&L package. 22nd May we had paid our deposit. Land was already registered so no wait there. And here we are 28th April and its all done!

WE are doing our own flooring - this will be done later in the week and then we can move in.

House has taken 24 weeks, but 2 weeks they were closed for Chrissy. 21 weeks actual building time. No real rain delays. I have felt like there was always something happening on the build so im really satisfied with everything. And to top it off our SS has been amazing. Ive got along with him so well and can not fault the guy - i think that makes for hte best possible building experience when you can get along with your SS and has an SS that understands you and knows what im like - he knew i was fussy and wanted things a certain way. and he has paid extra attention to ensure those requests were carried out properly.

To say this past year was stressful is an understatement. But now its done and i reflect i have loved it. the building experience is awesome, the admin sucked because i din't know what to expect. If i did it again (and i would) i think i would feel more in control as i know what to expect.
Baulkham Hills
Jahangir
Hi all, what are the things you can include during tender stage ? I have prepared all the upgrades i want to be included in the tender. But the sales person said not all the things they can put in the tender, like kitchen upgrades ( caserstone benchtop, sink, mixer) as those need to be finalised during individual upgrade session. I prepared the things by comparing different builder's inclusions and what were missing in eden brae. Any suggestion on how to approach this?

Are you able to provide provisional sums in the tender for the upgrades? It's hard for tender presenter to give you a cost on stone as there are diff grades of stone which are different prices etc Can you add something like a $7k allowance in the tender for kitchen upgrades, $5k for electrical, some for upgrading tiles and flooring etc? That's the best way that I can think of getting around actually getting a proper quote for your items.

Thanks Baulkham Hills, 1sttimebuilding2012 and Renski. I'm thinking to build Livingstone 22 design and making it 24sq.

I have a long list of kitchen and bathroom items to upgrade. Right now it's difficult to see how much to keep for the provisional allowance since I don't know how much EBH gonna charge me.

Kitchen:
40mm Ceaserstone bench top and cooktop with waterfall edge
Decorative Glass splashback
90cm kitchen appliances upgrade to Westinghouse
Clark Quatro Double End Bowl sink
Caroma Quatro Sink Mixer
Overhead cupboards including bulkhead and strip lighting under the overhead cupboards
Laminated open overhead cupboard above fridge space
Butler’s Pantry : Clark Cellini Single Bowl with Tap Landing
Butler’s Pantry : 20mm Ceaserstone Benchtop
Butler’s Pantry : Overhead laminated cupboards including bulkhead
Butler’s Pantry : Fully laminated cupboards
Butler’s Pantry: Slimline Cavity Door
Butler's Pantry: Coffee area with overhead cupboard and benchtop
Hettich Soft close drawers and doors in kitchen
Hettich Pullout bin drawer, 2x15L under-sink
Hettich 2 bank of 6 pot drawers, 900mm wide
Hettich cutlery drawer organisers
EVERPURE Cold water filter system to benchtop
Stainless steel-look laminated kickboards to kitchen
Water tap/outlet for fridge

Bathroom:
20 mm Ceaserstone vanity bench top to bathroom, and ensuite
CAROMA Liano Wall Basin Mixer with Straight Outlet to bathroom and ensuite
CAROMA Liano Wall Basin to bathroom and ensuite
CAROMA Cosmo Towel rails
CAROMA Mystic rail shower
Double towel rail
Full height tiling to two walls of Bathroom and Ensuite
Full Wall tiles around shower
Locks to all bathroom & toilet doors
Small basin with mixer in the 2nd toilet
Opaque/frosted glass to ensuite
STEGBAR/VELUX Electric operated Skylight to the bathroom
Drawers in Vanity
Full Width of Vanity mirror to Ensuite in lieu of standard
Looking at that list.... It's Gunna hurt. Pick the things you can do post handover like cabinetry in the butler pantry and water filtration skylights etc... And find out how much to get done later.

Be prepared for 10k alone just on the kitchen. I looked at doing that and they were charging 7,500 alone. Bathrooms stone was 1500 for 2 bathrooms. It sounds amazing but it's going to be a very big bill.

Like heathwild said consider looking at doing things post handover, such as splash backs, can an external kitchen company do your draws and overheads cause kitchen culture will do their price and add 110% more on price.

Regarding electrical, I would speak to a lighting store professional about down lights before doing it. The down lights EBH provide are the worst. No beam spread, just horrible. Best speaking to other professionals before committing to the electrical plans. My electrical just on baton holders extra wiring and power points alone was nearly at $3k.

Good luck!!!
Jahangir, wowsers if you get all that through K.c then get ready to part with at least $12k. Our kitchen was THE biggest spend that we made on our house and I'm talking about 2012 prices here. We spent $12k on kitchen alone and that not including your fit out for butlers pantry etc.

I agree with the others, if you can do stuff after handover then you can save quite a bit. At 2012 prices our Clark quarto double bowl sink was $385.27 just to give you an idea. From memory the double drawer bin was a little over $400. Needless to say that the bins got struck off the list. We couldn't justify that price for bins.

There is no harm in getting everything that you want quoted though. We did and then went through and culled everything that we could live without
Jahangir - I agree with the others that your kitchen changes alone are going to cost a lot.

Our kitchen extras ended up costing us just under 10k the big expenses in this were glass splash back $2.2k and polyurethane cabinets $1.8k.

We only swapped 1 cupboard for a bank of drawers and added no additional overhead cupboards except for a shelf running the length of one wall. We are keeping our butlers pantry empty.

We upgraded the stone from the standard choices ($800).

But yeah it all adds up quickly.

What house design are you building? Ours is the Lincoln and the splash back covers a fairly large area (including a niche). And is several pieces of glass rather than a single strip - you may find your cost a lot less for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is so exciting seeing posts from people getting keys etc. still seems so long away for us.

We are in a holding pattern at the moment. After the flurry of activity for our selections we are now waiting on council. We have already pushed back our demo date a month (was meant to be mid may) and I am worried we will have to push it out even further.

Fingers crossed we get approval soon!

J - you e got some nice upgrades. But agree it will be big big big $$$$ we hardly upgraded anything in kitchen. Added overheads, waterfall edges, cabinet over fridge, 600 wide cutlery drawer, bulkhead on over heads and it was $7500 mainly because of waterfall 20mm stone. Stone in ensuite was just over $800 and stone in bathroom was approx $500

Those that have built are you sealing garage floor?
Renski
J - you e got some nice upgrades. But agree it will be big big big $$$$ we hardly upgraded anything in kitchen. Added overheads, waterfall edges, cabinet over fridge, 600 wide cutlery drawer, bulkhead on over heads and it was $7500 mainly because of waterfall 20mm stone. Stone in ensuite was just over $800 and stone in bathroom was approx $500

Those that have built are you sealing garage floor?

Good luck for tomorrow darl
Rose had hers sealed (well Jason did it anyways lol!)

Kim hope you get approval soon and demolition won't be delayed too much.
And I wish we had our garage floor sealed - hate it as is!
Did anyone order 2VERCH tiles at di Lorenzo? Can you remember what the code on the box on site was when they were delivered?

We have had out wet area tiles laid but they look similar, but lighter. The code on the box says Vertigo Slate, so I don't think it is 2VERCH, but really don't know.
Door with correct handle has been installed

Before

New door

Building Hamilton 31 with Eden Brae in Oran Park http://hassanbeggbuildinghamilton31eden ... gspot.com/
kim_kdr
Jahangir - I agree with the others that your kitchen changes alone are going to cost a lot.

Our kitchen extras ended up costing us just under 10k the big expenses in this were glass splash back $2.2k and polyurethane cabinets $1.8k.

We only swapped 1 cupboard for a bank of drawers and added no additional overhead cupboards except for a shelf running the length of one wall. We are keeping our butlers pantry empty.

We upgraded the stone from the standard choices ($800).

But yeah it all adds up quickly.

What house design are you building? Ours is the Lincoln and the splash back covers a fairly large area (including a niche). And is several pieces of glass rather than a single strip - you may find your cost a lot less for this.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I'm building single story Livingstone 22. I have locked the price until march 2015. My land is due to be registered on Jan 2015. EBH said 2 months will require for the admin or DA approval process after registration. And I can go with CDC.
I have just received final 10% invoice from EBH. So far we have flooring, some electrical, fixtures and driway left. Is it normal for them to send the invoice that early. Also can anyone advise how many weeks to PCI after receiving the final invoice. Should I pass this invoice to my bank ASAP or should I wait?
We got our final invoice before finding out about PCI (roughly 2 days before SS came back with PCI date). The Tyrells final inspection is what prompted the last invoice to be paid. Your bank will usually need to send out a valuer to check the house, which can take up to 10 days. The invoice was sent out about a month before we settled.

My advice is to get the last payment drawn as a bank cheque. That way EB will not get their final payment until you have your keys in your hand. It also means that you can delay settlement if not all PCI items have been fixed by the time you have your presettlment inspection (it has happened before).
BH can we do that. I mean request bank to issue bank cheque and not pay EBH until settlement. EBH will let me do that?
Absolutely you can do that. That is what most of us do. Get bank to issue the cheque, you go and pick up the cheque from the bank branch of your choice and keep it with you. Then you hand over the cheque to your CSO at settlement meeting.
Thanks BH for your prompt reply.
I have said it before, if your not on a dead line to get into your home don't pay the last settlement until your 100% happy with house. EB tend to try to fix everything last minute while installing appliances & seem to try to cover up the problems more than fix them properly. All our paint repairs from PCI weren't done correctly dents just painted over not filled etc, we were told everything would be sweet by SS & honestly don't believe one world of that until you see for yourself. It is different for everybody but our maintenance period to fix problems that were still outstanding from PCI work not done correctly has been a time wasting nightmare & still simple repairs are still pathetic. I won't go into the problems we have had because the list is to long & the rubbish excuses put forward for problems. If I could have waited to move I wouldn't have paid last payment & if I ever build again will be my course of action as it's the only leverage against shabby customer service & each department blaming the other.

The sad thing is all our problems are minor & just need a quality tradesman to complete, instead we get useless tradesman that can't communicate, have no idea what there doing to the point we have had one job done 3 times & still not done properly. I have ended up fixing some of the problems myself because the time these tradesman have wasted is costing me more $$ than doing it myself. Painters left repainted doors in my garage as wasn't able to be home following day & they still haven't contacted me (I hung them myself sick of waiting) my garage roof still looks like it has the mumps. They tried another coat of paint which I said wouldn't work & still no follow up on that outcome, you have to chase them on everything & tell them how to do the work pathetic.
zRoYz
I have said it before, if your not on a dead line to get into your home don't pay the last settlement until your 100% happy with house. EB tend to try to fix everything last minute while installing appliances & seem to try to cover up the problems more than fix them properly. All our paint repairs from PCI weren't done correctly dents just painted over not filled etc, we were told everything would be sweet by SS & honestly don't believe one world of that until you see for yourself. It is different for everybody but our maintenance period to fix problems that were still outstanding from PCI work not done correctly has been a time wasting nightmare & still simple repairs are still pathetic. I won't go into the problems we have had because the list is to long & the rubbish excuses put forward for problems. If I could have waited to move I wouldn't have paid last payment & if I ever build again will be my course of action as it's the only leverage against shabby customer service & each department blaming the other.

The sad thing is all our problems are minor & just need a quality tradesman to complete, instead we get useless tradesman that can't communicate, have no idea what there doing to the point we have had one job done 3 times & still not done properly. I have ended up fixing some of the problems myself because the time these tradesman have wasted is costing me more $$ than doing it myself. Painters left repainted doors in my garage as wasn't able to be home following day & they still haven't contacted me (I hung them myself sick of waiting) my garage roof still looks like it has the mumps. They tried another coat of paint which I said wouldn't work & still no follow up on that outcome, you have to chase them on everything & tell them how to do the work pathetic.

Mate it seems you are having lots of issues. I will definitely not pay them unless I am 100% satisfied with the quality.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum