Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 1 of 778
We are building the Saville.

Yes the Foxley 27 with Eden Brae
What stage are you up to?

Our start date is the 28th Feb. Getting so close now!
$750 tender paid for, tender meeting held and attended and signed off on

$2,500 deposit paid upon tender acceptance to have working drawings and contracts drawn up.

Booked in for the 27th Feb to sign off on drawings and contracts with a build commencement of June for our estate.
yep! building the foxley...will have a slab end of this week if the rain stays away!
sydbuild

I was keen on Eden but their earliest construction date will be Aug no matter how soon we sort out planand council approvals. They reached their max building capacity .
Apue
sydbuild

I was keen on Eden but their earliest construction date will be Aug no matter how soon we sort out planand council approvals. They reached their max building capacity .

Hi Apue!

Wow, really - did they tell you this? where abouts are you looking at building if you dont mind me asking?
Oran
Apue
sydbuild

Hi Apue!

Wow, really - did they tell you this? where abouts are you looking at building if you dont mind me asking?

was coming to say the same thing!!!

Oran, that's great about your slab!
Live, how exciting!

We have pegs!
I'm also building with Eden Brae - a double storey (Entertainer)
Where are you up to Entertainer?
Oran
Apue
sydbuild

Hi Apue!

Epping under Hornsby council. I wanted to go DCP so we skip the council approval crap but Eden said they can't commence the work before Aug.
Wisdom said Eden reached their quota assigned by HIA.
Eden is popular as a Mercedes Benz!
That's a first about the Eden Brae building limits.

Sydbuild - we're only up to tender stage at the moment. I'm trying to think of everything we might need to do at this stage - any hints?
Yeah, that is a first that I have heard about building limits! I guess it is a good thing though!

EntertainerStar - Just read everything very carefully, and dont be scared to ask as many questions as you want.
We have almost finished the admin process so getting close to starting the build stage!!!! I'm so excited
August sounds about right, was talking turkey with them about 2 weeks ago and they said late July would be the start date if I kicked was signing up then. I dropped of on them a little due to the date but also the house design we liked wasn't in the top 3 that we really liked
Hi Eden Brae-ites! Can you tell me what sort of upgrades you made?

We went to tender recently and the EB contact told us we'd probably want to make quite a few upgrades. This means more $$ to an already pricey house.
Hey EntertainerStar...well upgrades really depend on your budget. You dont have to make upgrades if you are happy with the home, everyones different I guess. A standard home, with perhaps the EB promotions would still look great. The major things we upgraded were things like:

Raised Ceilings
Upgraded door heights/styles
Upgraded Alfresco Stacker door height
Upgraded facade
Extended alfresco width
Upgraded garage door
Upgraded glass in bathroom and ensuit
Kitchen Upgrade
Extended driveway down the side of the home for a footpath
Upgraded basins and showerheads
Upgraded electrical
Upgraded some tiles

Thats all I can think of at the moment, I think there was a few other small things
Hi Oran,

That list is very handy - thanks.

There are so many things to add as 'extras' or 'upgrades'. We're just trying not to let the budget blow-out or get a bad surprise after accepting the tender.
We're building the Hawthorne 27! Hopefully we'll be in by April.

Anyone considering upgrades like wall mounted kitchen cupboards, electrical, fencing etc. I'd recommend you get external quotes first as EBH can be a little $$
BMAC-Hawthorne27
We're building the Hawthorne 27! Hopefully we'll be in by April.

Anyone considering upgrades like wall mounted kitchen cupboards, electrical, fencing etc. I'd recommend you get external quotes first as EBH can be a little $$

Hi BMAC-Hawthorne27,

Totally agree...we are getting overhead cupboards, fencing and electrical upgrades (we only spent money on making things easier for after hand over with EBH) etc...

How has your going? How has the experience with EBH been so far?
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum