Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BuildCarp Constructions

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am new on this forum, but loveee it - its so good to hear everyone elses stories and I would like to share my own and any advice I can offer !!

First off, I would like to share my experience with our Buider, Louie from BuildCarp Constructions. We bought our block almost 2 years ago, and where saving hard to build our dream home ! My hubby and I both had our ideas of what we wanted, and so after 12 months of hard savings, we decided to start getting in some quotes ! We where devestated when the first 2 came in, it was way out of our budget and it was disappointing to have to start looking at cutting out the rooms and space that both of us really wanted ! When we expressed this to the builders, they offered us no assistance, and it was basically fix it - then come back to us !!

A few weeks later, we visted a girlfriend who had just had this magnificant deck built, and she referred us onto her Builder, to get a quote for our home ! Hubby and I met with Louie who is the Director and discussed what we wanted, what we could afford etc. we finally left that meeting feeling optimistic about our home! The quote came in 3 days after our meeting - and 50k CHEAPER then the other builders! Louie helped every step of the way, from amending our plans, to dealing with the council! We both work full time so he would make time in the evenings to come over and go through the works !

The whole process from then on was great (and so quick).. fast forward 6 months and we moved into our brand new home last weekend ! I cant express enough gratitude to the guys from BuildCarp for their work.. They where always professional, clean - and whenever I changed my mind (which was alot) he was gracious and quick to fix whatever the issue was !! We have refered him to all our friends and are now looking at buying an investment block and getting him to build townies on !! I cant wait - we enjoyed the process so much !!

I am putting up photos soon of each stage of my job.. and as I was involved most steps of the way - I would be more then happy to help anyone with questions

Karla
Hi KarlaJane

I read this post a few weeks ago, and gave buildcarp a call following your recommendation. My wife and I are completing a renovation on our home in Earlwood and yesterday we signed our contact with buildcarp. We too where very impressed with the director Lewie, he is professional and knows exactly what he is talking about. My wife and I both work full time, but he was able to make appointments in the evening after our kids had gone to sleep. The quote FOR ONCE was professional and legible (unlike the rest of the quotes we recieved) we knew exactly what we where getting, and what we where paying for and it was also a lot cheaper then some other companies. Works are starting Monday week and he has even offered helping us move our furniture to storage free of charge.

The only thing I worried about was that because we are not using a large building company it wont run to time. Did you have this problem? How was he with sticking to the time in the contract?

Other then that we are very thankful for the reference you gave and are looking forward to our new home. I will post photos on this site of the stages for you to view.

Thanks again mate.

Chris
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum