Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Lindeman 28 - Hand over end of may

Page 5 of 7
Looks fantastic! You must be very pleased:) It wont be long now for you- cant wait to see some more pics.

We were told today that our tiles werent delivered until Friday or today(monday) and asked well was any fitting off done last week while we waited for the tiles and SS said no as the painter took longer than expected- 2 weeks. I smell a rat!

They then said there is a sewer delay and referred me to South East Wwater (SEW) and ask them for further info. I called our land sales contact and she said no there isnt a delay contact the developer and after a few more emails to the builder and then forwarding an email from SEW (without dates on it bit suss) and talking to the developer he then advised that a PIC# something SEW (gives this # when the sewer is ready to be connected) and said that it was completed on 9th March! I then told our SS and he said wow really well i will call SEW and see what the heck is going on. I thought to myself i can tell you you have been caught out not telling the truth trying to give an excuse for nothing being done which has created a delay. Our new front window hasnt even been installed and still sitting in the garage waiting for the chippy.

Anyway now we are finally meeting our tiler tomorrow morning and our SS said the house should be ready in 3 to 3.5 weeks.....well see if they keep to that.
Trewman
Good luck tomorrow for PCI you should be sweet. Good luck sleeping tonight

Cheers mate...yeah I doubt much sleep will be had. First time actually building and it has been so much fun watching it all happen!
Sammyjane31
Looks fantastic! You must be very pleased:) It wont be long now for you- cant wait to see some more pics.

We were told today that our tiles werent delivered until Friday or today(monday) and asked well was any fitting off done last week while we waited for the tiles and SS said no as the painter took longer than expected- 2 weeks. I smell a rat!

They then said there is a sewer delay and referred me to South East Wwater (SEW) and ask them for further info. I called our land sales contact and she said no there isnt a delay contact the developer and after a few more emails to the builder and then forwarding an email from SEW (without dates on it bit suss) and talking to the developer he then advised that a PIC# something SEW (gives this # when the sewer is ready to be connected) and said that it was completed on 9th March! I then told our SS and he said wow really well i will call SEW and see what the heck is going on. I thought to myself i can tell you you have been caught out not telling the truth trying to give an excuse for nothing being done which has created a delay. Our new front window hasnt even been installed and still sitting in the garage waiting for the chippy.

Anyway now we are finally meeting our tiler tomorrow morning and our SS said the house should be ready in 3 to 3.5 weeks.....well see if they keep to that.

Sounds like some poor excuses coming from your builder! No point losing productive time on a house there is always something that can be done... Regarding your sewer I drove through your estate last weekend and it looks like people are already living in a couple of houses ? Surely sewer is done. Will post as many pics as I can.

CBPH
Trewman
Good luck tomorrow for PCI you should be sweet. Good luck sleeping tonight

Cheers mate...yeah I doubt much sleep will be had. First time actually building and it has been so much fun watching it all happen!

Its our first time aswell and its amazing watching a blank block turn into a house its overwhelming. This will be the first time we live together too and we have been together nearly 7 years so its more to us then just having our house done. It means finally coming home to each other every day.
yeah very poor excuses and I received an email from our BC apoligising for me having to do all that leg work. I cant believe it was me doing all the extra work to make sure they know there arent delays. Builder even said the permit department to get the info from SEW.

Yeah there are 2 neighbours living on our street one 4 doors up and believe me i relayed this to the builder and they kinda played dumb and I said well arent they on the same sewer and builder said yes SEW said last week there was a delay and i said well there wouldnt be people living there if there was.

They must think I am stupid! I keep every email, piece of paper and everything else.

BTW thats great it's your first home and the first time living together! What an amazing time for you both.
Trewman
Sammyjane31
It means finally coming home to each other every day.

Oh that's so sweet .... made me smile
I've been lucky enough to live with my other half for 19 years ... it is bliss!!
More progress this week with not a great deal more left to do. The plumbers STILL havent done the fitoff of basins, bath, toilets etc. Not that this matters as carpet isnt in till the 23rd so they have plenty of time.

I really love our garage door I was worried it would look way to green been woodland grey but Its just perfect we are very pleased. Really can't wait to get the front garden in so the house isn't so in your face.

Looks amazing Trewman! You must be pleased!! Have they given you a PCI??
Thank you! All our plumbing fit offs went in over the weekend toilets sinks etc it looks amazing. All that's left is caulking then carpet. No pci date but our site manager said this morning we should have hand over in roughly 4 weeks can't wait!
I wanted to let you know we heard from our BC on Monday advising our carpet will be installed next Monday and PCI and independent inspector next Tuesday 24th and settlement on Monday 30th if everything goes well.

We couldn't believe it the time has finally arrived! Now the planning of the removalists, changing names on utilities, and everything else that is on my growing to do list. lol

How's everything with your place??? Have you been given a PCI or handover date???
Sammyjane31
I wanted to let you know we heard from our BC on Monday advising our carpet will be installed next Monday and PCI and independent inspector next Tuesday 24th and settlement on Monday 30th if everything goes well.

We couldn't believe it the time has finally arrived! Now the planning of the removalists, changing names on utilities, and everything else that is on my growing to do list. lol

How's everything with your place??? Have you been given a PCI or handover date???

Thats really good news you will soon forget all about the problems you guys have had soon enough!

Our carpet goes in on the 23rd which will complete the house but then apparently me*tricon quality people go through to make sure its all tip top then hopefully we can get a PCI date. The other day our SS said roughly 4 weeks, sooner if he can for hand over
Trewman
Sammyjane31

Thats really good news you will soon forget all about the problems you guys have had soon enough!

Our carpet goes in on the 23rd which will complete the house but then apparently me*tricon quality people go through to make sure its all tip top then hopefully we can get a PCI date. The other day our SS said roughly 4 weeks, sooner if he can for hand over

Well not long for you either! Sounds like a great thing that they have quality people come through.
I called the bank today and advised them of the status so they can arrange their inspection in the next couple of days too- just realising how much there is to do before settlement and actually moving.

Keep me posted on your progress and please keep the pics coming! Best wishes for the next couple of weeks.
As promised here are the latest pics after the house clean!

Carpet

Looks like we have similar carpet:) Great taste! Looks good and your not far from getting your keys!!
Sammyjane31
Looks like we have similar carpet:) Great taste! Looks good and your not far from getting your keys!!

Yeh hopefully it stays pretty clean! It is a nice colour well tone anyway. Noticed the guys who put our carpet in left a window wide open and it has bucketed the past 2 days... Oh well a bit of water wont hurt
i no- I hope it didnt get too wet. I would definitely mention it to your SS so it's documented should anything arise.

We had PCI all went well mostly paint touch ups and a forgotten power point and no rangehood. We should get our private inspectors report on thursday so it will be interesting to see if they found anything. We have decided to extend handover from Monday 30th to the 4th which is our moving day and the SS said not to have the house sitting there all week with the appliances and chance the risk of theft. This should give them more time to correct all the items

Any news on your place?
Sammyjane31
i no- I hope it didnt get too wet. I would definitely mention it to your SS so it's documented should anything arise.

We had PCI all went well mostly paint touch ups and a forgotten power point and no rangehood. We should get our private inspectors report on thursday so it will be interesting to see if they found anything. We have decided to extend handover from Monday 30th to the 4th which is our moving day and the SS said not to have the house sitting there all week with the appliances and chance the risk of theft. This should give them more time to correct all the items

Any news on your place?

4 days isnt too bad anyway, can't believe how close you are to moving in, been a hell of a journey with the vandals etc..

No news on our place. I rang our SS today and left a message for him to get back to me. He was ment to call me back last friday to organize our blinds measure up appointment.

It will all happen soon enough I suppose, its just nice knowing whats going on. Hopefully we get a PCI date soon.

Im also lucky at work I can take a day off at the drop of a hat.
Yeah not to worried about the 4 days as we werent moving in anyway. I found out today that all Henley display homes and most PD homes were also vandal so they think it was either an ex-worker or someone who wasnt be paid? But there was another house on our street that has every wall punch in. i guess we got off easy with just windows and some plaster.

That sucks about the SS not calling back that is what drives me nuts our SS never calls us back!

We were supposed to meausre our windows today but we forgot- looks like we may have table clothes for the first few days. Something i can finalise during my 2 weeks annual leave.

Cant wait for you to have PCI and for you to get your keys!
Sammyjane31
Yeah not to worried about the 4 days as we werent moving in anyway. I found out today that all Henley display homes and most PD homes were also vandal so they think it was either an ex-worker or someone who wasnt be paid? But there was another house on our street that has every wall punch in. i guess we got off easy with just windows and some plaster.

That sucks about the SS not calling back that is what drives me nuts our SS never calls us back!

We were supposed to meausre our windows today but we forgot- looks like we may have table clothes for the first few days. Something i can finalise during my 2 weeks annual leave.

Cant wait for you to have PCI and for you to get your keys!

Can't believe this stuff is happening around the corner from our new house. I cant even imagine how you guys feel knowing this stuff is happening in your new neighbourhood. Prob just a rogue tradey as you said who hasnt been paid or something like that.

The way we are going with blinds we may end up with old sheets up. We were ready last week and so was our curtain company we chose. Hopefully I get a call soon as time is ticking away and curtains take min 4 weeks to manufacture.

Hopefully our PCI is next week or 2 as the house is completed. Just minor fixes around the place need to happen.

Will post plenty upon plenty of pics when I can, I know how much I enjoy seeing others pictures of there place.
Trewman
Prob just a rogue tradey as you said who hasnt been paid or something like that.

I know a bricky and chippy who are owed quite a bit from PD and they know many others in the same boat...maybe they are just reversing their work given services provided without payment?

Anyway, house is looking good!! Clear windows to bathrooms though?? One thing I am glad we did is go double glazed translucent, love being able to walk around naked any time of the day :p

Bet you are both getting excited now!
Related
18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

23/04/2024
NCC Changes Coming 1 May 2024

Building A New House

I engaged my builder in December last year and we’ve been working on preliminary drawings for last couple of months. I got a call from the salesperson this morning…

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum