Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

I think the build may be no more :(

Page 1 of 1
Weve been talking about where we want to build and it looks like its too wet, so we either pick somewhere else on the farm to build or ditch our plans and build in town somewhere.

The paddock we picked was close to power and telephone, as well as the road. But weve been looking at old pics we have and it looks as if it gets way to wet to put a house down. Weve received the quote for the house with an 's' class soil, but thats for $30k. So I cant imagine what it would be for anything more. Has anyone had any experience building on a really wet piece of land? How is the house now? Has there been much movement?

TIA
Hi

I'm currently building on land that is all clay - and it gets very wet....

We ended up with something like 50 bored piers (4 metre holes in the ground filled with concrete) so the house won't move at all.

Had to add various drains around the site\house before building started. Have had to bring in lots of crushed rock otherwise cars\trucks get bogged.
Oh really?

I spoke to the builder and he seems to think its doable. So I guess we wait.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for footings? Have you got a thread I can look at?
Related
23/04/2024
NCC Changes Coming 1 May 2024

Building A New House

I engaged my builder in December last year and we’ve been working on preliminary drawings for last couple of months. I got a call from the salesperson this morning…

6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum