Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Issue with slab and venting pipe

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Just had my slab laid today and noticed that there is a venting pipe for the sewer hanging on the side of the slab.

Spoke to my supervisor who assures me that this is not going to be an issue when it comes to the frame and bricks.

There is only 90mm between the pipe and the edge of the slab and the bricks around 110mm, so how would a brick fit there?

The only way I can see the bricks fitting is if the brick was cut in half.

Does anyone see this as being an issue??

Pic attached.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/stevecphotos/IMG_0159_edited.jpg

Thanks.
stevec
Hi all,
Just had my slab laid today and noticed that there is a venting pipe for the sewer hanging on the side of the slab.

Spoke to my supervisor who assures me that this is not going to be an issue when it comes to the frame and bricks.

There is only 90mm between the pipe and the edge of the slab and the bricks around 110mm.

Does anyone see this as being an issue??

Thanks.

It’ll be fine; it means the vent pipe is hidden from view, i.e. better aesthetics for your house.
Is your house a single or double storey one? Can you post an image of the floor plan for that area?

I am not an expert on this, but when I checked my site, the vent for sewer was "outside" the brick walls.

That is, if this was on my site, the vent pipe should be outside the slab.

From the photo it looks like it's going to be a bit tricky when the plumber connects the pipe and when the bricky building the wall, as both would be fighting for the limited space....

I would be interested to hear opinions from others on this as well...
The house is a single story and this pipe is near the ensuite.

more photos as requested
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/stevecphotos/IMG_0158_edited-1.jpg
Now that's a nice looking slab. Wish I had one of those.
It will be fine. No need to worry.

It's not going to impact the structural integrity of your slab or walls, so need to worry. When the house is complete it will be hidden - don't let that worry you.... You gotta pace yourself for the rest of the ride.

Put yourself in the boots of a plumber/drainer. There is no way they are going to have your pipes millimetre perfect when the lay them prior to your slab. Because it's so common, the builders know how to accomodate them.
I found a rather 'poor' photo of our vent pipe. It just happened to be included in the photo more by accident than good measure.

As you can see it has very little impact on the structure.
Steve,

Not perfect...but hey you will get used to that!!

Its fine! I will sit in half of the wood and half of the brick and two halves equal a whole and a whole anything is good....

LOL

Forget that....

It is OK!
Related
22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum