Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Homebuyers Building in Aveley (Celebration Homes)

Page 6 of 8
The Vans
Looks fantastic!!! I like the contrasting render colours you have. think it will look fantastic with some beautiful leafy plants!
Great oven too!!!
What type of fan did you get? we are looking for an alfresco fan, shocked how much outdoor ones are! have been told so long as it is metal, it should be ok. so the next thing for us is we want a black outdoor one! all are silver! AAARGH! Nothing wrong with silver, but we want black...very hard to find!

The contrasting render is still undecided for me - but if we had some leafy plants it could look nice maybe... hehe

The fan came as part of an alfresco deal which was $1950 for raised ceilings in the alfresco, lights and fan so not sure about how much each individual part was - I imagine they just bought them in bulk for the promo.. but love the idea of a black one, would look great.. In love with our stainless one though! especially with the downlights.

Thinking of getting a set of two outdoor lounges for the alfresco with a coffee table - kind of like this
Ooooh I LOVE those outdoor settings - my friend has that and it's SO COMFY! Makes sitting outside so nice!
wrethm01

That's nice, where can you get it and how much is it?
That examples from Segals Outdoor Furniture - and its on sale for about $800 at the moment!

We'll get ours from there eventually - probably after tax time =)

Alfresco is my number 1 priority for the house hehehe
Have you looked at drovers? They have some outdoor sets that are so to die for and good prices!
Few quick updates whilst taking lunch at work =D

We have our garage door fitted now so all that really is left is flooring and the touch ups from the plasterer and a few paint touch ups (oo and fixing that door) then we are great!

We also had another big of great news from the builder. Unfortunately they have run out of our Westinghouse oven and needed to upgrade us to an AEG oven - which is great for us, except I didn't like how the cooktop was Westinghouse and the oven was AEG.

Long story short I had a bit of a whinge about having two brands and wanted to know the cost of upgrading the cooktop to match the oven.. and they've thrown it in for free yayy! I've never heard of AEG but I've googled and they look like a decent european appliance maker so we are happy!

Organising fencing at the moment and having a bit of an issue as they are arguing that the front fencing does not need to join with the side fencing on the street side (we are on a corner block). It's a limestone wall with a pretty decent drop off as we are an elevated cottage block so needs to be fenced in and I can't see why this is not included in the fencing package - it's really bizarre! Also the fence between us and our isn't included either in the front garden and we will sort that out after we've moved in with the neighbour I guess..

That's all for now - going out on the weekend and will get some more pics whilst I'm out there =D
So. it's June!

So many things to sort out with the house and rental, and I turn 24 this month
yaaay

We went out to show a friend our fantastic amazing beautiful pride and joy and the painter was there so we got in!
And, so much has happened inside!

We have door handles - our front door is so preddy!

Ensuite - Shower screens

Ensuite - Mirror, Counters, Sinks.. loving the grey

Main Bath

Flooring installed! Faux-Wood-Floors (aka. vinyl) or until-we-can-afford-jarrah-floors

TV Recess

Oven, Cooktop and Rangehood - The upgraded AEG cooktop is on its way, not installed just yet

AAND from the front again after he's finish all the coats of paint
he's done an amazing job!

Also, had to go on a bit of an op shop escapade yesterday to look for an outfit to wear to a 60s/70s party.. but I ended up picking up some really cool old tea tins which I'm planning to grow herbs out of under that kitchen window and some old books im planning to put on a buffet in the living room.. take a lookie:

Is anybody on pinterest? It's amazing for house and garden ideas. Take a look at my boards for my inspiration once we move in!
Garden Ideas:
http://pinterest.com/wreth/greenthumb-ideas/

House Decoration Ideas:
http://pinterest.com/wreth/house-likeys/

That's all from me for my Sunday morning ramble!

Hope everyone's builds is going super - seeing pics of you painting Vans is making me so jealous! Sitting in our rental is just making me depressed now haha - I want to start decorating and living in our new house even if were going to go from 10 mins from Perth to roughly 40 LOL!

Ally - your build is looking awesome too, have they given you an est date for lockup yet? Looks like they are progressing really quickly now!
Go read my thread and you wont be jealous! What can go wrong, is going wrong, and it is so frustrating not being able to control the incompetence of others!!!

Your house looks FAB!!! I love your feature tile in the shower!
Are you keeping the chinaman hats for lights? or have you big plans for your lighting??!!! I can't wait to get our pendants and downlights up. Will just finish it off!
Decorating is the fun part. I really enjoy painting. Good when DH and I do it together too...he is tall and can do the cornices easily, I cut in at the bottom...and we just roll...no arguments like they have on the block!!! It is just get on with it, arguing will decrease painting time! And I am so happy with the colours I chose and he agreed with!

What paint colour are you choosing? I don't have pinterest or whatever it is called, so can't see it!
Just checked out your thread.. like I said in there all the best for this week! Hopefully it's all sorted out for you and you can move in soon.

We've not got any plans for lighting yet - soo many other things to do first for us haha!. Might just replace them with those multidirectional silver lights with multiple bulbs in them as you can fit without an electrician

Might just need a trip to ikea to get some light fittings

We're going pretty simple with the paint colours as we've decided we want most colour brought into the room with our furniture and prints on the walls.

All the walls are going to be painted a light grey - Imperial Mist (it's a British paints colour) and then we're considering feature walls, or just a few touches in Infinity White (another British paints colour). Just want to keep it light, bright and simple - as it's a cottage dark colours will encroach on the space. This is my thoughts of course, we're still discussing/arguing colour schemes
Looking AWESOME! I am soooo jealous! Your floors are to die for
I love your render colour!! Do you mind advising what colour it is?
Sarie
I love your render colour!! Do you mind advising what colour it is?

No problems - We love it as well, it really contrasts great against the red bricks.

The darker grey is a paint called 'London Fog' - I think its dulux but not sure
And the lighter is a colorbond colour - 'Surfmist'
I've been reading real living (seriously becoming addicted to house ideas at the moment!!)
And I've decided I want our house numbers up next to our front door (in that gap between front door and window) - and I want these!

(we're number 17)

how cool are they - and you can buy online! only $45 each

http://www.icietla.com.au/

now to convince the partner we need them!
Another update - Pre Handover Inspection (PHO) booked for Wednesday morning WOOO

And looking at it today, basically everything has been done! Few things we've noted that we will raise at the meeting, but overall it looks awesome.. Here's some teasers (since I can't get in any more).. Our package included all floors and window coverings so it's just painting to be done then we can move in...

Also - had our gardening meeting Friday too.. We're enclosing the front garden in a green/red fleck thick hedge that we're hoping will grow quickly. Just want a bit more privacy/security on the corner block.. big tree going in the front too so its going to look awesome!

Here's the teasers since I know you all love pics:

From the street:

Garage door installed and closed:

And the view through the back screen door (all locked up which is why the piccies a bit odd):

Gave notice on our rental, had an inspection today which we had to handle since we are breaking lease.. And lucky us - looks like we can move into our friends house in Ellenbrook if the houses don't line up properly and we need somewhere to live... would be good because we can get painting sorted and maybe get some grass down in the back yard before we move so our dog doesn't get muddy!

So excited. but so much to do!
Packing tomorrow. SIGH.
Omg! So quick. It seems like all of a sudden everything has just happened. Are they still doing gardens thru instan t gardens? We found them to be great and very quick. I love your flooring too . What color carpet did you choose?
Not sure - Partner's handling the gardens for me =).

We chose a dark grey for our carpets, looks pretty nice.. haven't seen it close up yet though because we're all locked out.

Fencing should be in by end of next week too which is good - definitely want that up ASAP
So lucky!! It's going to be sooooo nice to move in to your own home!! We will want moving in pics
It is looking amazing!!!

I love the colour of that flooring!! And the front is gorgeous! Excellent colour choices!!!!
PHO tomorrow! Any tips from anyone what I should be looking out for?

Nervous I'm going to get too excited and miss things... Hope this weather doesn't break anything!!
Hope the PHO went well! It must have been such a great feeling to walk around in your new home
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum