Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Drainage pits - how many?

Page 1 of 1
I'm interested in knowing how many drainage pits people have in their new homes.

These pits are 450 x 450 wide with a grate on top of them. They're an eyesore and probably expensive, so the fewer the better.

So please, let me know how many of these pits you have in your new home, even if it's zero.

If anyone has knowledge in this area, I'm interested in hearing what their purpose is.
HI Casa

Ours have not been installed yet however we have just moved into a rental that is a brand new house. It has what we are expecting at our block, small black plastic ones about 20cmx20cm. The number of these required will depend on the fall of the block I think. At the rental there is about 6, at the house we are building we are only expecting 2 as water at the back of the house will naturally fall to the canal. So they have placed one either side of the house towards the front.

Where they were put and how many there was depended on the land survey that was done with our soil test.

Anne
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum