Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with MainVue Homes

Page 13 of 39
Hi Mick,

I got them !!! Just replied to your email. Thanks very much for that! Keep me posted wIth your progress. Cheers,
Hi all,
Just another update. Waterproofing complete and ready for tiles tomorrow. Carpenter on site now doing the garage roof trusses.
Too windy today for the brick cleaning so that will be tomorrow. Painter starts next Monday. Waiting for a moulding to be placed at the part render area at front....then the rendering will be done.
It looks as though it is standard practice at Mainvue that skirting boards go down and quad used to finish off job with flooring. My neighbour is getting flooring done through Mainvue and that is how they are going to do it. Displays all have Quad and it does look OK to me.
Good luck everyone.
Hi Everyone, We are building the Cullen and currently getting demolition quotes for our knockdown. Anyone have experiences with Express Demolitions?
Hi, we used Express for our demo. We are building the Cullen as well. No problems with Express, good service - Joe is a good guy to deal with. Would recommend them.
Where you building the Cullen ?
Hi, We are building in Altona. Doing the smaller version of the Cullen due to our block width and wanting drive through access on the garage.
Where are you building and what stage are you at?
Hi, we are building in Essendon. Brickies are almost done and the plasterers are in at the moment. All looks pretty good at the moment.
So the price slash ($30k off single storey homes) ends in a couple of days. For $850 you can lock in the base house prices for six months. We're looking at titling in about 5 months so think it'll be a good option for us. Anyone have any advice in regards to locking in the sale base prices? Is it a safe thing to do or are we somehoe going to get screwed over and lose $850 for no reason lol.
We booked this in and now felt like we are getting pushed to do everything right now. When we locked it in we did advise them we are in no rush but they now want to book us in for tender and contract. We are still unsure of what we are after and going through out quote.
It could be good though if you know what you want.
We do, just can't do anything until the land is titled so even if they want to rush us they wont get anywhere before the land is ready lol! Hubby definitely wants to do it so I'll be calling them to lock it in. Good luck with yours! I'll keep an eye out for your progress
With the current colorbond roof promo you won't be getting a better deal post Christmas.
Hi Everyone, We had our tender appointment this week and all is looking good for demolishing, hopefully in the next few weeks.
Have just started a blog if anyone is interested. Have found other building blogs to be invaluable and have really appreciated seeing the progress, highs/lows and photos of other building projects so thought we should do the same.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Hi Everyone, a quick question to see what others have done or researched.

We are looking at an intercom system, especially noting hubby will be in his workshop at the back of the block. Looking at the Dorani at present. Anyone used this system or any others they would recommend.

Also, Anyone get prices from Main Vue for alarm systems? Thanks
Hi,
we are having a Dorani intercom installed today, my sister had one included in a prestige house built by PD when they built a few years ago, and they are very happy with it, hence my decision. Our camera will be located at a gate at the entrance to the driveway, Im not sure if the distance will impact the video reception/quality. Im hoping not!
Hi all... has anyone finished building with mainvue? were you happy? did costs come in way above expected? easy to deal with? we are at stage 2 on the ivory 432.... thanks for your feedback!
Hi, we are thinking of building next year and hoping to check out MainVue when they open after the Christmas break. Just curious to know with the Amalfi where they put the study for the study option? Do they use the retreat area? Can't seem to find the plans online with the added options.
I think for the AM632 it is similar to the AM536 study location, which you can see online.
Thanks Zerosignal, having a look a the site again the Victorian version has a lot more plans up compared to the SA version. I guess I was curious if anyone had the retreated converted to a study as the main bedroom seems really huge.
Sorry l removed my own post as MV are still building our home, l would hate to rub them the wrong way! l'll be writing a complete, complete review once we have handover though!
Thanks grunter072, our contract paperwork just arrived with our appointment next week so we will certainly go through it with a fine tooth comb, so to speak!
Hi Everyone,

Anyone had trouble with organising the electrical pit? Is everyone having an electrical pit v's standard house overhead connection?

Having some issues with Powercor in regards to pit...very frustrating and time consuming!
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum