Hi

I thought its high time i stop highjacking other threads and start my own
for my build

i can be a bit lazy posting pics, but i eventually get around to it
Woohoo!!
Yaaaaaaay!!

Colours look awesome Shell!
Thanks sar

the only thing i am not sure on the kitchen sink hubby picked??
so i told him he is doing dishes LOL, that and the feature tile strip in the kitchen was his only input.
we were going to do render as per whats on display, now we have decided we will
leave it and later add stack stone.... now to find cheap supliers
Oh I love the look of stacked stone but when we were quoted a price we decided on render in stead. A little disappointed because it looks beautiful but we always have the option of adding it down the track if we want.

How did you feel after your colour selection? Did you find it fun or exhausting?
yeah DFH were quoting over 5k just for the 2 what i call pillars on the facade
but in the pic of the display home it is rendered,
so yeah we are going to see what we can do later down the track

i love the colour appointment, though its hard.... well for me anyway
not too get to carried away

we do the electrical with our sales guy, we are going to heaps of double p/points
my non neg places where they MUST be installed
Island bench - handy when making cocktails
Outside in the alfresco
we know DFH charge $60 each double point to be installed,
we are going to stick to the standard batten lights but add heaps more in where we are going to add
down lights + we are going to have provision (electrical stuff) to add ceiling fan in the alfresco
as well as get the builders to do provision for air/con + like you Cat we are now thinking of speaker wire
for outside

+ many more things but head hurts now too much after waaaayyyyy tooooo long day at work
update update update

well we were up at wallara waters today and we have has some progress, so much so
we now have a dirt rd, and FINALLY for the 1st time we got to stand on our (the banks)
land woohoo!!!
now the builders are going to do the soil tests and then we can do contracts so then when land titles we can be all systems go go go
Woohoo soil tests and contracts!!! Hehe

When we signs our contract we were told that it really is best if we don't make any further changes or variations as this could increase the cost or delay our start date... Our builder then sent me a variation the next day
and since then we have had 6!!

Have fun at your contract signing. I hope your soil test is good and doesn't increase any of your site costs
oh cat, i am finally starting to get really excited that it is now starting to feel more real
Austaland have advised us that they are going to be working through xmas/new year
to get stage 7 finished which is great news.... if they stick to there word that is
So... I need updates!!

When is your contract signing scheduled for?

Has Australands given you a land title date yet?
oooppps forgot i had a thread LOL

updates
we are now temp living in Wallara Waters while we wait for everything so kids could start school from the start of the year.

we picked up our prelim DFH contracts on sunday and we are making some variations
like we have now changed our bricks to be mocha by boral
amongst a few smaller things.
we were surprised that the slab cost for P class was about 2k cheaper than the H class we were originally quoted

The land is fingers crossed about 2 weeks away from being titled - WOOHOO!!!!!!
Lol. Shell Fail :p

I drove past your block on Saturday when we were there moving some bricks. It's all looking very good, the land on your side of the estate is so flat!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
We drove past last Saturday to see how stage 9 is coming along, and it looked like you had a few visitors, cars in the front yard etc, so I'm guessing you are well and truly in now.
Congratulations.
LOL yes we are

i have been very slack in updating this site... oh well
it is sooooo exciting to be finally in. where abouts are you building?
and have you joind the facebook group?
Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum