Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How long does inspections take?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, my name is Odie. I wish i'd found this site earlier before we started our color appointments! Neway we are building a Monterey 993 Q1 and we're nearly finished, or our administrator has said. However she said it'd take a very long time , a long and lengthy process for the building inspections before we have our own.
What advice do you guys have? and how long does it really take??
Thanks!
Odie
When you say building inspection are you talking about the PCI which is done by yourself, some sort of inspection thart the builder is doing to basicallty check that everything is done or the PCA inspection for the Occupancy Certificate? Soubnds like the builder is running late and throwing up excuses.

PCI = Practical Completion Inpection. PCA = Principal Certifying Authority.
Casa2
When you say building inspection are you talking about the PCI which is done by yourself, some sort of inspection thart the builder is doing to basicallty check that everything is done or the PCA inspection for the Occupancy Certificate? Soubnds like the builder is running late and throwing up excuses.

PCI = Practical Completion Inpection. PCA = Principal Certifying Authority.

I guess the building inspection when the builder does to basically check that everything is done, and the PCI.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess it's just that we're first home builders , so up to this point we've been going along as per what the SS has been saying and our administrator. However I have received an email from the Administrator who has said that she talked with the SS and we'd be settling by the end of this month. I know this is stupid, but Settlement that means handing over the keys right?! Paying the last of the payments are receiving the keys to the house. (after all the inspections and fixing of things that needs to be done)
I know that the Administrator has said that after Settlement is when I put the flooring in , and when we org anise the appliances to be put in.... Based on what the Administrator has said, should I start organising for packing up and moving at the end of this month and do everything else that's related to transferring and moving ( such as notifying the landlord, booking removalists that kind of thing)? Sorry to ask the spanish inquisition /20 questions. Up to this point we really don't know much, and when we do try to attempt to call our Administrator it seems that she isn't there, I never received her emails about the updates and told her numerous of times, and only now just receiving emails now.. so it means to say that out there someone else has been getting the updates on the house... it seems only when she wants to respond and contact us does she do so.... So we've been kind of going in blind up to this point..

Thanks anyway if you have read up to this point! Cheers Odie
Only make the last payment when everything is done by the builder and you've had your inspection and everything is fixed (or very little left to be fixed).

Once you've made the final payment, everything slowwwwwwwwwwes down.
Thanks Cassa:) Advice noted:)
Related
7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

6/12/2023
How long to get the Cert of Occupancy issued?

Building A New House

Congratulations! Nice to put that to bed before christmas, now you can relax

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum