Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building out the back/land titling

Page 1 of 1
Hi there.

My partner and i are planning to build a house behind her parents in Noble Park, Vic. The land is just a shade under 1000m and the first architect we approached says we should be able to achieve a 22sm townhouse. He has offered to take care of the design($4500) planning permits($4000) and building specifications($5000)

I asked about extra costs and he listed soil test, civil & structural engineers, energy rating cert, survey plan & landscape plan/planting schedules. also he said the council would charge around $700~ as part of the sub division costs/fees/

This is the first time either of us have looked into doing this and we want to be sure we A) don't get charged too much & B) dont forget any other hidden costs

We have already removed a large tree from the backyard too, to maximize the space we can utilize.

If you have any guidance/help/ideas for me it would be hugely appreciated

I know there is the costs of the townhouse itself, but just focusing on the sub division at the moment.

thank you
Cant speak for the eastern states but sub division cost me in Perth( excluding the demo and interest while I held
the block ) approx $21 K for 1100 sqm split into two battleaxe green title.

Hope this is good news for your budget
When reading so many forums i see people spending well over $25-30k for sub division costs. and everything i have worked out comes to now $22k. is there a massive land title fee i am forgetting about? does states/councils make a huge difference? any help appreciated
I looked at subdividing this year in Perth - costs came to $50-$60 thousand. Fee to shire council (5% of whole block value), State got a cut, power company got a cut, water company got a cut - including sewerage. That included all those pesky things like safety fencing, site works, etc etc etc. This year, that seems a pretty standard cost in Perth. Funnily enough, I'll wait to subdivide
i know its been a while but if you havent started yet give jim@newwavehomes.com.au a call.
town planning drawings should not cost more than 5000 all up for one house. your getting ripped off.
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum