Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Railway track beside Bluestone Estate Wyndham Vale

Page 1 of 1
I just realized that the new Tarneit n Wyndham Vale regional line track will run parallel to Middle Ring Road (I think it's called Armstrong Road as well)! Our land is very near to Armstrong Road, so we are very worried about noise level. When we were buying the land, we asked the sales lady about any roads connecting to Manor Lakes, the lady told us of a possible road in the future connecting the 2 estates. We asked her about the regional line, as it was election time at that time, she's not sure if the regional line will go ahead or not. But I wonder if she kind of "forgot" to mention that if the regional link does go ahead, most likely Bluestone will run parallel to the track line! I wonder how many people buying the lands n houses there know about this?

After searching for more info on the net, I found out that the earlier plan consists of 6 proposed stations, instead of just Tarneit n Manor Lakes. One of the proposed station is located on the junction of Black Forest Rd n Middle Ring Rd(Armstrong Rd?). I wonder if it's a good thing to have a station so near our doorstep?
Anyway, I called up Regional Rail Link to find out more, the lady said that the remaining 4 proposed stations are not included in this current regional line project, though land have been bought for the remaining not yet built 4 stations. But she doesn't know when they will be built or if they will be built. I also asked her since land have been bought for these remaining 4 stations, will they be built exactly at these proposed locations in the initial plan if they do get built, she said she did not want to promise anything as things may change in the future. She told me there are sessions which one can attend to find out more. They will be held on 10th Sep Sat 10-2, and 14th Sep Wed 6-8.30. Both will be held at Tarneit Community Centre. I think there are other sessions at other locations, will try to find out more..
Sorry for long post...

Anyone in Bluestone Green Estate know about all these? Any thoughts?
Hi There.

I live on Black Forest Road in Bluestone.

I made a call to the council a few weeks ago in relation to this and also what is happening in the farm land across the road from me(Delfin bought it and are developing a new estate there) and had an hour long conversation with a guy in the transport/roads department.
So from what I remember from my conversation:
The Middle Ring Road is proposed and there is no date on it as yet as the farmer who owns the land doesn't want to sell it!!! So the proposal is just that at the moment, a proposal - as it is still private property.
Basically - the proposed station that you are talking about on the junction of Black Forest rd and Middle Ring Road is not the location for a station - the actual train station will be in Manor Lakes you can see it here http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/DOI/DOI ... _lakes.pdf
- they did propose an area where trains can de-couple etc - near Black Forest rd - however this has been moved closer to the Freeway (between the Freeway and Bulban road) where they have zoned this area as a commercial area.

When speaking with the transport guy - he also advised where the urban growth boundary had been moved to for Wyndham Vale - basically if you open up the Melway to page 204 you will see Black Forest rd, so left and down the page there is the farm land - basically - all of the way to the dotted line which is depicting the boundary of Wyndham Vale and Mambourin has been classified as Residential.

Having lived in Wyndham Vale my entire life and battling the train crossing at Cottrell St - The Middle Ring road is a blessing - this will take us straight out onto the freeway so we don't have to go through Wyndham Vale/Werribee - basically the middle ring road/rail link is designed to take people North/South so basically in and out of Wyndham Vale rather than East/West which is past everyone's homes and in through the CBD area of Werribee - which is a nightmare!!! It will also assist with all of the new houses that will go into the area (further west and south of Bluestone)

Also in my opinion, having a train station within 5km's is great - growing up here all I had was 1 bus in and out of Wyndham Vale that ran every 40 minutes - this kind of access to transport - especially as land closer to the city is getting so expensive, more and more commuters will have to move further out (i.e to Wyndham Vale) and will prefer public transport over driving (especially since the west gate is a nightmare in peak hour!) - this will then increase the value of our land as commuters look for homes near train stations so they won't have to drive at all!

I too was really concerned about our proximity to the train line and a main road - but once I had done my research and found out that the train line will be submerged - we won't be able to see/hear them as much as if they were built on the same level as the houses - and this also means that roads can go straight over the top with out the need for boom gates and traffic congestion along with an easy route onto a freeway by car - I feel more positive about it and think we will be looking back in a few years and thank our lucky stars that we bought land in here when we did

Hope this helps
Thanks for that info Sleven. Cant wait for yhe middle ring rd to start bring constructed as it takes at least 20 min just to get thru werribee and on the freeway in hoppers. As for the trainstation in ManorLakes, I was told it was going to be Vline not met. That would be piontless. Oh and any idea when we are actually going to have a staight join with Manorlakes? Its such a pain in the *** that we have to drive down greens rd and then back up Ballan rd just to get there.
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum