Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building 1st time

Page 10 of 12
Oh and the electrician has been there today, a peek in the window saw some nice low profile power points
Remember to leave some soil for the builder to do their backfill....
Deemaree
Remember to leave some soil for the builder to do their backfill....

Yes Dee they have already done that, this is the left overs lol
AND a BIG Congrats to you on new grandy, fantastic!

Electricain rang this morn wanting the lights to put in!!
Better get onto that today...
Ok then...see what the excavators say...if they need somewhere to drop it so they don't have to charge a disposal fee then let me know!
no worries Dee, will let you know

So today at the house there were some busy little squirels!
A few pics i took when i sneaked in while sparkys were there.

Inside the one of the kids cupboards, all will have sliding doors on them

Light we ordered today for porch light

for outside laudry door

Roller door, not sure if i already put this on lol

Sparkys work today, they put these lil covers on till other lights come

Sexy lil power point

Thunderbox fan

AND the granite is in
love it, got sparkles all thru it
trinavi

Pic of the offending dirt lol
It does have some rock in it yes
Sammyjane i am in warrnambool, You?
DH meeting an excavator guy there in a few days

Im in SE suburbs.....too far:( Would love some dirt
wat area u building
Trinavi is in Warrnambool
Well we met an excavator at the house yesterday and reakons we just need all the dirt spread out and none taken away, yaaa, sounds great BUT he also thinks that it will take 5 hours to do this....... any thoughts?? the yard aint that big... And yes in a bob cat that is, not using a shovel lol
5 hours? We're on an acre and it didn't take that long!
Deemaree
5 hours? We're on an acre and it didn't take that long!

Yes thats what i would of thought dee, will be getting someone else out to look at it i think.
Surprisingly it took them almost a whole day to move our topsoil back to where we wanted it.
Easy to move it but a lot longer to level it and make sure it wasn't all sloped ect.
Get another person to look at the job for you to be safe tho.
We know ours didn't rip us off cose we didn't pay to have ours done LOL so if it was a rip off he ripped himself off Hehehe.
Oh and I am not talking about acres and acres I'm just alking about the general house yard which is only a bit bigger than a standard house block just where we need the topsoil move back from the site cut.
Dexterredcat
Surprisingly it took them almost a whole day to move our topsoil back to where we wanted it.
Easy to move it but a lot longer to level it and make sure it wasn't all sloped ect.
Get another person to look at the job for you to be safe tho.
We know ours didn't rip us off cose we didn't pay to have ours done LOL so if it was a rip off he ripped himself off Hehehe.
Oh and I am not talking about acres and acres I'm just alking about the general house yard which is only a bit bigger than a standard house block just where we need the topsoil move back from the site cut.

Hi stranger, long time no read

LOL yes well they aint gonna rip emselves off eh

We had anther guy look at it yesterday, bro in law plumber got someone he would use to look at it yesterday, he charges a bit more per hour but will get it done in 3hours tops, so we wrapped with that

Went to house today and window man there putting on fly screens, yaaa

Also picked up all the lights today, so will pass them to electrician next week

Tilers hopefully will start late this weed
Well on the house front we have more movement

Tiles started yesterday, so this morning we were peering thru the windows admiring the view, looking great!

Meeting the electrician on monday to give him the lights to put in.

Met SS there on thurs and he seems to think early june now... Not sure why, but then i suppose these finish off things may take awhile, and then there will be the things that "we" want fixed up

Whats the opinion on a private inspection being done??
Many done this?
We did it and there was quite a few things that we knew about and quite a few that we had not noticed. I think its money well worth it for peace of mind if nothing else.
And really whats a few hundred dollars in the bigger picture when yoiur talking hundreds of thousands its only small change and could save you lots of heartache.
So exciting not long now

I have been watching your thread the whole time even if I haven't commented

Its looking great

Cheers Janet
Yes janet we were thinking that too, in the big picture it isnt much money, and is checked out by an idependant with no interest in the build.

Well heres some pics it took thru the glass yesterday lol

They look alot darker at the moment, cant see the detail in them with the coating on it i think
Well looks like we may still be in the house "this" month!!!
Any ideas on how to motivate self to start packing?? lol
Still doesnt seem real!
Things are coming together, few hicups with lighting etc, but hope its sorted soon...
That's great news! I would suggest start now as things will come up and you will be still pkacing the night before.....we are:( We have the removalists coming at 8am tomorrow.

We need to break down beds tonight and a couple more boxes.....could be a long one:( But can wait to get the keys tomorrow morning!
Sammyjane31
That's great news! I would suggest start now as things will come up and you will be still pkacing the night before.....we are:( We have the removalists coming at 8am tomorrow.

We need to break down beds tonight and a couple more boxes.....could be a long one:( But can wait to get the keys tomorrow morning!

WOW sammyjane!
How exciting!!
We will probably be just like you
packing last minute, taking apart etc lol

Have had 2 different friends move in the last week and both have passed on boxes, so no excuses now!

SS said yesterday cleaners prob in 2 1/2 weeks, the pre handover walk thru, then handover 2 weeks after that...... crikey!
* wanders in-sees the "P" word and runs for the hills!
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum