There are not many threads for Henley Reserve, so I thought it'll be good to share my experiences.
After we bough our current block in Truganina (VIC), we started shopping around for builders and shortlisted :
Porter Davis Waldorf L
Henley Reserve Cullen 45 - Henley Reserve is re-branded Mainvue homes.
We loved the plan of PD Waldorf L, but we were roped in by Henley Reserve's inclusions - especially at the price point.
Some key advantages with Henley were:
- 50 year warranty
- Most likely Raft slab ( depends on engineer's report from soil test)
- Fixed price site costs
- 2570mm ceiling height to ground and first floor
- 2 sets of Timber stacker doors
- 2340mm high internal flush panel doors
- Timber windows in living area
- 40mm edge Caesarstone in all areas - even laundry
- Silk finish to cabinetry throughout
- SMEG appliances
- Overhead & under cabinets to butler's pantry and laundry
- Full height wall tiles to all 4 walls in wet area
- Insulation in external walls
- Upgrade options are very decently priced
Why we loved Waldorf L:
- Loved the plan. Cullen is very linear plan; all rooms in a row at ground floor. First floor is good though.
- Separate rumpus at back
- Our block is 16 meter wide & this fits perfectly. Cullen is a bit narrow.
- Flooring is included. Henley does not include flooring - only to wet areas is included.
Progress so far:
21 May 2017 - 1st Deposit ($850)
18 June 2017 - Cosham Information Session
25 Jun 2017 - 2nd Deposit ($650)
19 Sep 2017 - Color Appointment
10 October 2017 - Tender Appointment