Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 49 of 862
Hi,

As part of the promotion we got the 10 point evaporative cooling from porter davis (double story house). I was earching thru the contract docs and promotion brouchers but could not any detail. It just mentions Evaporative cooling - promotion item.

Does anyone know what is the brand/model etc for the cooling that they offer??

cheers
karmaz
Just spoke to the manager. The contract stands - the details in the Fixed Price Tender do not. Waiting for confirmation in writing now. SS reckons we'll be in by early March!! Happier camper now, just waiting on the email. Its taken a little short of a year to get to this point with PD, and a year prior to that with the other builder who did nothing, so I'll need a good pinch to check that I'm not dreaming when it all goes through!!

Common sense prevails
Hopefully everything is going to be smooth sailing from now on.
Miss Piggy
Just wondering if there is anywhere i can see the suppliers that PD use, i thought i saw them once on the PD website but cant find it now, maybe it was another builder, i was just trying to get an idea of the brands used etc, not a huge matter just thought i would ask here if anyone knew somewhere online

Miss Piggy, here is a list of the suppliers for the Lifestyle Range (from our colour guide):

Tiles: National Tiles
Carpet: Godfrey Hirst/Oakleigh Carpet Court
Laminate: Laminex/Formica
Bricks: Boral
Roof Tiles: Boral
Garage Doors: B&D Doors (or Advanced Garage Doors for timber look)
Windows: Southern Star
Doors: Corinthian
Paint: Wattyl
Render: Dulux Acratex
Tapware: Tradelink (from the range they have at Hopetoun)
Appliances: Blanco
Evap cooling: Bonaire

Those are all the ones listed in the design guide so I hope that helps. I can check our stuff if you are looking for any others.

When are you visiting the Chadwick display??

jen
foundation
Hi,

As part of the promotion we got the 10 point evaporative cooling from porter davis (double story house). I was earching thru the contract docs and promotion brouchers but could not any detail. It just mentions Evaporative cooling - promotion item.

cheers

Hi Foundation, ours is a Bonaire but it's only to 8 points so not sure if it's the same as yours would be. Our Sales Order had the brand and model # included.

Hope that helps!
PD tradies, if your going to use our toilet - please at least flush the dam thing and check your aim. We noticed this on the weekend and today - seriously how hard is it to press a button. Our SS has assured us the seats will be replaced
foundation
Hi,

cheers

i thought i saw on the website or in a brouchure that it is a Bonaire for Lifestyle Brivis for Prestige, might be wrong though, will see if i can find it
I'm building a prestige and it is BRIVIS
You have paid in your cost an allowance for portable toilets for the tradies to use. Why are they using your new toilet???? I would tell the SS to replace it with a new one.
i too am building a prestige and the aircon unit is Brivis ME35i.
foundation
Hi,

cheers

Hi foundation,

We have some info on Evap cooling on the PD blog, check it out here:

http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... -hot-then/

Also, your sales consultant can provide you details on your 10 point evaporative cooling, if you want to give them a call they'll be happy to help answer your questions. Cheers, Jess.
geoff7
I can't work out a valid reason for not wanting to provide Tender docs unless there is something to hide, they think consumers are stupid or so pressure can be applied.
Might look at a few more builders next weeken as PD are not the only one around and we all have optioins.

Hi Geoff,

We don't want to pressure you during Tender, it is part of company policy not to send the Tender documents home with clients before they are signed, a common policy amongst most volume builders. There is no need to feel pressured, if you are not happy with the contract presented to you, it's not a problem, you do not need to sign it. You can book another contract signing appointment. Also, if you do sign it and have any doubts, there is a five day cooling off period, another good reason not to stress.

Be sure to also check our blog article about tender appointments which might help clarify a few things for you

http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... emetender/

If you need further clarification on anything PD related, do feel free to give your Sales Consultant a call and they'll be happy to help answer your questions. Let me know how you go. Cheers, Jess.
crtx
Hi Jess,
Could you please pass on Kartina's mobile from Marriot waters please.

Hi crtx,

I'd be more than happy to help. Can you send me a Private Message with your name and phone number and I'll get Katrina to give you a call? Cheers, Jess.
Team PD
We don't want to pressure you during Tender, it is part of company policy not to send the Tender documents home with clients before they are signed, a common policy amongst most volume builders. There is no need to feel pressured, if you are not happy with the contract presented to you, it's not a problem, you do not need to sign it. You can book another contract signing appointment. Also, if you do sign it and have any doubts, there is a five day cooling off period, another good reason not to stress

Sorry Jess, but this so called company policy is the biggest load of crap I have heard. It’s bullying tactics!!! Clients you should have the chance to read through the contract BEFORE signing. No wonder they feel pressured!!!!! It’s really bad form from PD and other builders that push this rubbish. The contract has a 5day cooling off period as part of law. So using this as a "its all ok" pisses me off.

Did you sign your bank loan without reading it properly? How about your land contract??? We are talking $200+. Its big money!!! Also contracts CAN be negotiated and amended. No contract is fixed!!!

Everyone that is told they cannot take the contract home to review before signing should just walk out the door. Don’t sign the contract with reading it properly and understanding it!!!
rant over!!
bicko did you get the HIA contract to read over? We were given that contract (of which i still have to find time to do, wish i had it when i was stuck in the car in the backstreets coming home
when we had tender. i'm pretty sure that is the flesh of the contract, and gives you the time to consult with solicitors etc if you're not happy with anything written in there. The PD contract i would assume (although we're not at that stage) would just insert the information that is relevant to us (i know in property managemetn our leasing agents use the standard lease template to provide to prospective tenants to read through and then drop in the information pertinent to the tenant and then they obviously sign that however this process can sometimes be quite long a drawn out). Just my opinion but HIA contract should give you an idea beforehand on what you're getting in to and you can make notes or investigate clauses prior to the contract appointment and then have them addressed then.
Hi Jess, thanks for the response.
I had been interstate on business and hence the reason for no reply earlier.
Whilst I understand the need for company policy, the web site you referenced states "...You can’t take the tender document home before signing, as this will interrupt the flow of our process and impact on the guaranteed date of construction."
http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.php/2010-12/lovemetender/
Perhaps the website should say "...you cant take it home because we dont want to let you and it is against Company Policy."

We asked for the documents with plenty of time to spare and have even offered to postpone the meeting.. hey we are in no rush to blow more money as we have just wasted ~$30k (and 18months) on an architect.. it is fair to say we are going to be pretty cynical of anything we dont find acceptable.

I dont get the "lovemetender"... instead I feel as though PD think we are illiterate or worse.. hence tend to understand where bicko123 is coming from. The reasoning that others do it is not good enough either..

After a bit of 'googling around' I came across the document below, perhaps this reinforced my need to be skeptical.

I would encourage anyone with concerns about documentation (perhaps including the powers to be at PD?) to read the document referenced on the link below..
http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VCAT/2010/1827.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=elliott

Whilst it is definitely not about PD (and I make no inference that it in anyway reflects on PD), nor the only worthy reference, it does discuss some of the topics mentioned on this thread and may or may not be of interest to others. Being only 4 months old it should have some relevance?
Certainly from my perspective I found it interesting.

I do appreciate the work and effort you go to on this site Jess and my comments are not directed at you personally, but the reality is when a consumer asks to look at a document they are going to be asked to sign they should simply be provided with the documents.. end of story imho.

If PD want to be the best they can be I dont really see the need for this.
They should change it imho..
tstr1a
You have paid in your cost an allowance for portable toilets for the tradies to use. Why are they using your new toilet???? I would tell the SS to replace it with a new one.

Hi Jess,

Can you confirm if I should be having the toilet replaced as its now second hand. There is also the issue that I have paid to have these facilities available to tradies. Can you advise please. I am very ** off about it - pardon the pun

thank you
geoff7
After a bit of 'googling around' I came across the document below, perhaps this reinforced my need to be skeptical.

I would encourage anyone with concerns about documentation (perhaps including the powers to be at PD?) to read the document referenced on the link below..
http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VCAT/2010/1827.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=elliott

Whilst it is definitely not about PD (and I make no inference that it in anyway reflects on PD), nor the only worthy reference, it does discuss some of the topics mentioned on this thread and may or may not be of interest to others. Being only 4 months old it should have some relevance?
Certainly from my perspective I found it interesting.

Thanks so much for that link geoff7 that is very interesting reading regardless of who your builder is. I simply cannot understand why any builder would not want to allow a potential client to view such a major contract prior to signing - it certainly does not inspire confidence in me as a consumer.
Pinchy
Thanks so much for that link geoff7 that is very interesting reading regardless of who your builder is. I simply cannot understand why any builder would not want to allow a potential client to view such a major contract prior to signing - it certainly does not inspire confidence in me as a consumer.

Just curious, which builder does allow their clients to bring the contract home before signing?

Thanks
mqtutor
Pinchy

Just curious, which builder does allow their clients to bring the contract home before signing?

Thanks

Carlisle Homes - ours was posted for review before Contract Appointment.
Hi mqtutor,
The process and 'company policy' that PD use is a similar one that is used by other majors, but it is flawed and offensive imho..
As someone who is being asked to hand over several $k on Monday I am not happy and frankly don't believe others should be either.
It is important to note that this is not the building contract and frankly companie would be very brave to try this on the contract... Imho

PD actually offer a version of the building contract for viewing on 24/7 which really makes me more sceptical as to this document.

It will not change unless people jump up and down... Consider me jumping...

A company that does not respect their consumers will eventually run foul of them these days imho, let's hope PD does not.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum