Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 48 of 862
Just wondering if there is anywhere i can see the suppliers that PD use, i thought i saw them once on the PD website but cant find it now, maybe it was another builder, i was just trying to get an idea of the brands used etc, not a huge matter just thought i would ask here if anyone knew somewhere online
Team PD
gumboots
Just an update...

STILL waiting for my shower to be fixed. That translates to 4.5 months of waiting for an 'urgent' issue to be rectified.

Main shower has been fixed, wrong grout colour.

Grout colour was booked to be fixed on Tuesday, appointment got cancelled by the tradie.

Laminex people were supposed to come yesterday to measure the ensuite unit that needs to be replaced because it was waterlogged, didn't show up.

I was aiming for the waterlogged plasterboard around the shower in both bathrooms to be replaced. Called Boral and they recommend replacement where water affected. PD sent someone out to paint over it instead. I called the office to ask about why it was painted and not replaced and someone from maintenance was supposed to call me back the next day. That was a week ago.

Apparently the issue in the ensuite is that the shower screen is not sufficiently sealed where it meets the tiles... I'm not sure about this, would have thought I would be able to see water coming through if this was the case but it isn't. The guy who has received the work order to come and reseal it rang at 7.30am Monday and left a message saying if I got the message in the next 5 minutes he was just down the road so he would come and fix it. I didn't, and haven't heard from him again. I have dealt with this guy before and he doesn't seem to like making appointments, he just calls when he is in the area. So who knows when it will get fixed.

Hi gumboots,

I understand you are experiencing difficulties getting your maintenance issues sorted. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. Have you spoken to your New Home Care Coordinator about this again? Hopefully they will be able to help you out and book the maintenance appointments for you. Let me know if you have any difficulties getting in contact with them. Cheers, Jess.

Hi Jess

I did post earlier, maybe you missed it, we didn't get given a new home care coordinator? I don't even know what that is. I thought I had to call the maintenance line and do it all myself.

Anyway as of today I have had enough. I have been calling the maintenance people at least once a week for the last 5 months trying to get this sorted out. Every time I do I have to step away from my work because I can't get through during my lunchtime. I woke my fiancee up after a few hours sleep on Tuesday because the laminex people were booked to come and they didn't show up, and that seems to be the norm. This afternoon we also realised there is now water leaking out of the other side of the ensuite shower and the water damage is showing through the coat of paint in the bathroom. If this doesn't get resolved by the PD office in the next two weeks without me calling every day I'll be seeking alternative routes of getting it rectified.
Miss Piggy, the brands are usually specified in the promotional brochures. Good luck with your decision - it's a tough one. I liked the Marina and Wembley too. With the Rowland we expect to sleep upstairs till the kids are older but will play that one by ear. Still waiting on Team PD.
karmaz
Miss Piggy, the brands are usually specified in the promotional brochures. Good luck with your decision - it's a tough one. I liked the Marina and Wembley too. With the Rowland we expect to sleep upstairs till the kids are older but will play that one by ear. Still waiting on Team PD.

When you get this resolved please let us know, our handover is supposedly coming up. (that is if my SS can stop giving lame excuses for poor quality tradesmen and finish the dam thing to an acceptable standard) And I can almost bet they will try the same game on us.
Miss Piggy
karmaz
Thanks

We are building the Rowland 35 (DH’s choice, I wanted the Cremorne). The doors are not the ones we originally wanted – there was a stuff up, but since they looked nice, we left them as is. I would have liked to have them in a timber finish but were told that would cost heaps more over and above the $$ paid already. They are going to be painted in Deep Indian Red which I hope goes with the Jarrah bricks.

Time will tell….good luck with your build!

OH I loved the Rowland, and we considered the Cremorne, we have it down to 3 and will go look at some display next week. I liked the Rowland a lot but our imddle son is autistic and i did not like the idea of the bedroom downstairs and his upstairs so we could not hear him if need be at night etc, but other than that i loved it.
I know i have said this before but we have it narrowed down to the Cremorne35, Wembley 35 (with the alfresco added at the rear) or the Chadwick 36, which is the front runner, i hope it is as good as i think when we go visit!
Cant wait to see your updates i have added your blog to my fav

The Chadwick at Arndell Truganina is gorgeous you won't be disappointed if you visited that one, i too was looking at those options before i chose the Cremorne 42 and think the Chadwick is a great sized home with alfresco compared to the Cremorne 35 which has smaller rooms overall.
SoniaPD
Miss Piggy
karmaz
Thanks

We are building the Rowland 35 (DH’s choice, I wanted the Cremorne). The doors are not the ones we originally wanted – there was a stuff up, but since they looked nice, we left them as is. I would have liked to have them in a timber finish but were told that would cost heaps more over and above the $$ paid already. They are going to be painted in Deep Indian Red which I hope goes with the Jarrah bricks.

OH I loved the Rowland, and we considered the Cremorne, we have it down to 3 and will go look at some display next week. I liked the Rowland a lot but our imddle son is autistic and i did not like the idea of the bedroom downstairs and his upstairs so we could not hear him if need be at night etc, but other than that i loved it.
I know i have said this before but we have it narrowed down to the Cremorne35, Wembley 35 (with the alfresco added at the rear) or the Chadwick 36, which is the front runner, i hope it is as good as i think when we go visit!

The Chadwick at Arndell Truganina is gorgeous you won't be disappointed if you visited that one, i too was looking at those options before i chose the Cremorne 42 and think the Chadwick is a great sized home with alfresco compared to the Cremorne 35 which has smaller rooms overall.

That Chadwick is beautiful
SoniaPD
Miss Piggy
karmaz
Thanks

Being we are from Geelong that is the one we were planning on visiting
Lunchtime
When you get this resolved please let us know, our handover is supposedly coming up. (that is if my SS can stop giving lame excuses for poor quality tradesmen and finish the dam thing to an acceptable standard) And I can almost bet they will try the same game on us.

Hi Lunchtime, do you use independent inspector? That is the one thing I found worth paying for, because they also quoted the relevant building standards for the things that are not up to standard.
SSAZ
Hi Lunchtime, do you use independent inspector? That is the one thing I found worth paying for, because they also quoted the relevant building standards for the things that are not up to standard.

Yes, I have booked him this morning. I am starting to wish that I had one all the way through. But to be fair we have been very happy with our SS up to the final stage. Now I am starting to feel like I am being fed questionable information and his agenda seems clear to deliver this house no matter what our concerns are. We had a look at the house over the weekend and the painting has been shocking at best. Our SS has been informed and we still have a week to PCI so I hope that I will not be disapointed. Needless to say that if we are let down we will be on here screaming about it

I think I will stay firm and not sign off and accepting the house unless we are completely happy.

Can anyone comment on their PCI experience? I was kind of expecting that our house would be in a state that would be reasonably complete, but instead I am getting the message that its our job to follow up with what we are not happy with. I would have thought this is what we pay our SS for?

Is my expectation unreasonable?
Lunchtime
Yes, I have booked him this morning. I am starting to wish that I had one all the way through. But to be fair we have been very happy with our SS up to the final stage. Now I am starting to feel like I am being fed questionable information and his agenda seems clear to deliver this house no matter what our concerns are. We had a look at the house over the weekend and the painting has been shocking at best. Our SS has been informed and we still have a week to PCI so I hope that I will not be disapointed. Needless to say that if we are let down we will be on here screaming about it

I think I will stay firm and not sign off and accepting the house unless we are completely happy.

Can anyone comment on their PCI experience? I was kind of expecting that our house would be in a state that would be reasonably complete, but instead I am getting the message that its our job to follow up with what we are not happy with. I would have thought this is what we pay our SS for?

I had 3 independent inspections & all 3 have been worth it, we would have got sub standard slab & frame otherwise. There are just too many things that look fine to us but not up to the Australian Building Standard. Make sure you ask the independent inspector to check the roof ceiling, making sure it goes all the way out.

I had my final independent inspection the morning of my PCI. Everything was done by then & the independent inspectors found 27 minor items to be fixed. I made sure the SS include the Independent Inspector's Report as 1 of the item to be fixed in the PCI report.

My SS was reasonable, we went through the house room by room, he pointed out a lot of painting jobs that needed touch up. I concentrated on other things, eg, making sure all electrical work is done as per plan, all lights & power points are working, there's no gaps in windows, toilets are working properly & basically everything is as per floor plan.

I also refused to settle until everything been fixed. It's a better alternative rather than settle then fix the PCI later. As far as I was concern, the building work hadn't been completed & as per signed building contract, I wasn't supposed to pay the final payment.

It is the same with any builders, they are banking on your eagerness to move into your new house that you'll consider handover before everything is fixed.
If you are looking for an independant building inspector, I found Malcolm Axford of the Building Watchdog was good. See http://buildingwatchdog.com.au/. I handed over his report to our SS, even so I'm not convinced that all the points he raised were fixed. Malcolm was really thorough though - and reasonably priced too.

Lunchtime, will let you know how we go.

SSAZ, I think your approach is great. I've heard similar stories, once you settle nothing gets fixed.

Jess / Team PD, any answers for me?
karmaz
Hi Jess/Team PD,

I'm hoping you can clarify this for me. I am very very very annoyed at the moment. We signed up with PD in March last year. Our sales consultant mentioned that it was likely we would have a May site start as our land had settled in Feb. Verbal promise so nothing I can hold PD to. We were booked for a July site start. Construction started in August 2010. Thats when I found out the "guaranteed site start" advertised means nothing. Nobody could tell me what the guarantee was. An uphill battle meant our contract construction days was reduced to 205 days.

Now the next part. Move forward six months or so. I contacted our CSC and was now told our construction time is 205 days + 24 days for Christmas. This is not fair as the Standard HIA Contract INCLUDES 28 days for Christmas and this is what PD supposedly goes by. The additional 24 days comes from the Fixed Price Tender. For one, I believe construction begins and is based fully on the contract. The contract should supersede all documents. And secondly I have yet to hear of 52 days off for Christmas - that's almost two months!

Like most good folk here, I am on a budget and can ill afford for PD to take more than a year to build a 35 sq home! If I accept PD's lovely two month long Christmas break, it will be pretty close to that. Your invoicing team seem to be the fastest in the country, it is a pity that the build team hasn't matched their speed in our case. As for construction days, I accept 205 days as very clearly stated in the contract. If PD wanted more time, you need to specify this in the contract, not in other bits and pieces of paper that you make us sign. Please can you clarify this for me.

Hi Karmaz,

I am sorry to hear you're frustrations concerning your build timeframe. I have been looking into this for you to help shed some light on the situation and apologise for the delay. Our build times differ from home to home, typically its 20 weeks however this can change if the client adds any variations. In order to get a better understanding of your build timeframe could you please PM me your name, phone number, lot address including suburb and the details of the home you are building and I'll organise someone to contact you and discuss it in detail with you. Regards, Jess.
Lunchtime
SSAZ

Hi Lunchtime,

No need to stress.
Your PCI is done in together with your SS, who will be there to take you through it and address any issues that need attending. If you have any questions on how to prepare for PCI, the PCI process, & the role of the SS during PCI, I recommend contacting your Customer Care Administrator and they can advise you and answer any questions you have. Keep us updated with how you go. Cheers, Jess.
Hi Jess,
Thanks for your response. I contacted the CSC's manager today and he has promised to get back to me with a response by tomorrow. I will let you know if the response is not satsifactory. Meanwhile I have also contacted BACV and they have confirmed that contract days as detailed in Schedule 1 of the HIA contract is all Porter Davis can claim (SSAZ, you were spot on). Fixed Price Tender clauses cannot add to this timeframe.
Thanks for your help, Jess.
karmaz
Hi Jess,
Thanks for your response. I contacted the CSC's manager today and he has promised to get back to me with a response by tomorrow. I will let you know if the response is not satsifactory. Meanwhile I have also contacted BACV and they have confirmed that contract days as detailed in Schedule 1 of the HIA contract is all Porter Davis can claim (SSAZ, you were spot on). Fixed Price Tender clauses cannot add to this timeframe.
Thanks for your help, Jess.

Hope you got it sorted out today
Thanks Miss Piggy. The manager was supposed to write back, he called instead and left a message. Will call him tomorrow.
Miss Piggy
Just wondering if there is anywhere i can see the suppliers that PD use, i thought i saw them once on the PD website but cant find it now, maybe it was another builder, i was just trying to get an idea of the brands used etc, not a huge matter just thought i would ask here if anyone knew somewhere online

Hi Miss Piggy,

In our current Complete promotion we list the point of difference standard inclusions in our homes, as well the promotional items and their brands. This might be of some use to give you a snapshot of the brands we use. Otherwise if you let me know what you are specifically after I may be able to help.

I hope that helps. Cheers, Jess.
gumboots
Hi Jess

I did post earlier, maybe you missed it, we didn't get given a new home care coordinator? I don't even know what that is. I thought I had to call the maintenance line and do it all myself.

Anyway as of today I have had enough. I have been calling the maintenance people at least once a week for the last 5 months trying to get this sorted out. Every time I do I have to step away from my work because I can't get through during my lunchtime. I woke my fiancee up after a few hours sleep on Tuesday because the laminex people were booked to come and they didn't show up, and that seems to be the norm. This afternoon we also realised there is now water leaking out of the other side of the ensuite shower and the water damage is showing through the coat of paint in the bathroom. If this doesn't get resolved by the PD office in the next two weeks without me calling every day I'll be seeking alternative routes of getting it rectified.

Hi gumboots,

I am sorry to hear that you've had these issues contacting maintenance and getting these issues resolved. I would like to help you get this sorted. Can you private message me your name, lot address, phone number and the main PD office you've been dealing with (i.e. lifestyle east) and I'll see what I can do to help resolve these issues. Cheers, Jess.
Hi Jess,
Could you please pass on Kartina's mobile from Marriot waters please.
Just spoke to the manager. The contract stands - the details in the Fixed Price Tender do not. Waiting for confirmation in writing now. SS reckons we'll be in by early March!! Happier camper now, just waiting on the email. Its taken a little short of a year to get to this point with PD, and a year prior to that with the other builder who did nothing, so I'll need a good pinch to check that I'm not dreaming when it all goes through!!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum