Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 455 of 862
Having our tiles, electrical and interiors appointments on 20-21/Feb so will ask all the questions about heating/zoning and controller upgrades and post back.

I have now 85 items in my spreadsheet for variations and queries!!!! Tender is on 26/Feb, so hope to resolve all the queries by then.

-Albert
pach004
Went pass quickly my site yesterday, I was shocked. Discovered that PD sales consultant brought his clients of 5-6 to viewing my site and went inside the house. He said he has got permission with one of SS. This was crap! I gave him 5 mins and his clients leave my property immediately... I'm expressing my fury and so frustration! Unbelievable that PD open someone's home without an owner's permission. How could this be happen?! Have anyone got this issues?

Hmmm, they probably should have let you know and asked if it was OK - but it's my understanding the site is Porter Davis' 'property' until handover, for instance we are not supposed to go on site at all without getting permission.
pach004 - we have had sales consultants through our property - we didn't know till after - was a bit weird but our home isn't on display anywhere - Marina 41 - they have 42 but the layout of the 41 is significantly different and I wish I had thought about asking to see one beforehand... at least by seeing our home they were seeing a real house instead of a display home as we didn't change/upgrade much of the layout and would have been glaring errors like the façade which still hadn't been fixed at that point - so much more realistic experience it would have been - it wasn't even tiled yet I believe...
pach004
Went pass quickly my site yesterday, I was shocked. Discovered that PD sales consultant brought his clients of 5-6 to viewing my site and went inside the house. He said he has got permission with one of SS. This was crap! I gave him 5 mins and his clients leave my property immediately... I'm expressing my fury and so frustration! Unbelievable that PD open someone's home without an owner's permission. How could this be happen?! Have anyone got this issues?

Hi Pach004,
Could you please send me a PM, via this site, with your build and contact details and I will look into this matter for you.
Regards, Helen
Hi guys, just wondering with the HWS when PD installs, do they put that on a slab or is that placed on the dirt? also is the alfresco ceiling hight the same as inside the house?
ondrej09
Hi guys, just wondering with the HWS when PD installs, do they put that on a slab or is that placed on the dirt? also is the alfresco ceiling hight the same as inside the house?

The hot water system is installed on a concrete paver, so they'll clear an area, put some gravel down, compact it, lay the paver and then install the hot water system on it.
Just letting everyone know that the photos of the new Waldorf at Berwick are up on the PD website.
Team PD
pach004

Hi Pach004,
Could you please send me a PM, via this site, with your build and contact details and I will look into this matter for you.
Regards, Helen

Hi Helen,
I've PM you
Rdgs, Pach004
pach004

clairemumto5, building in ballarat and sliick - thanks for you guys comment. At this point, I have been contacted by PD- Helen. I will wait and see what they say. Due to (privacy and security), I would be considered this as serious matters. My home has completed fixing stage. The tiled has started ~ if you are me, feeling as same as what I'm now... (how long they've been doing this behind me).
tlblhayward
Just letting everyone know that the photos of the new Waldorf at Berwick are up on the PD website.

thanks for sharing
woohoo!!! two days til handover!
does anyone else have Phil has their SS? he has been just wonderful! He has made the build so much easier than our last build, with a different builder.
Couldn't be happier!!
Many congrats Suzybuzy. Glad to know your build process was a breeze.
suzybuzy
does anyone else have Phil has their SS? he has been just wonderful! He has made the build so much easier than our last build, with a different builder.
Couldn't be happier!!

Congrats Suzybuzy,

That must be very exciting, we are not far behind you 2 weeks. We didn't have Phil but an equally awesome one by the sounds.

Cheers sam
suzybuzy
Couldn't be happier!!

Congratulations

I so want to be you! We are waiting for our PCI date and it's killing me. Our door handles went on today, just mirrors screens, plumbing and brick tidy up and painting tidy up and we should be good to go. Fingers crossed, we are on the count down to settlement and we need a house to move into.
Our SS is Scott and he has been awesome.
suzybuzy
Couldn't be happier!!

Excellent news!!!!

We aren't far behind you either. Tiles were put up and on today - grouting will be done tomorrow we assume. Wardrobes are fitted, door handles are on, lights, switches and power points are all in. It was a hive of activity there this morning when we visited.

Fires were very close to our new home. Probably about 500m away! so close!!!!

Hoping that Country Lifestyle's home is ok!!!

V-line train going along the Bendigo line. The fire jumped the train line. This is how close it was to our new home!
The timber in the foreground is our boundary fence (the black next to the tree is stones
).

Our SS has been fantastic too! So pleased and impressed with him!
inglewood
suzybuzy
Couldn't be happier!!

Excellent news!!!!

We aren't far behind you either. Tiles were put up and on today - grouting will be done tomorrow we assume. Wardrobes are fitted, door handles are on, lights, switches and power points are all in. It was a hive of activity there this morning when we visited.

Fires were very close to our new home. Probably about 500m away! so close!!!!

Hoping that Country Lifestyle's home is ok!!!

V-line train going along the Bendigo line. The fire jumped the train line. This is how close it was to our new home!
The timber in the foreground is our boundary fence (the black next to the tree is stones
).

Our SS has been fantastic too! So pleased and impressed with him!

So glad to hear that you guys are ok, you and country lifestyle been in our prayers. Amazing how connected you feel with people going through the build process the same time as you, just by chatting on a forum.
Back Pocket

So glad to hear that you guys are ok, you and country lifestyle been in our prayers. Amazing how connected you feel with people going through the build process the same time as you, just by chatting on a forum.

Thanks Backpocket! Really appreciate that! Just hoping and praying that Country Lifestyle is ok.
Congratulations Suzy!! I am very happy for you

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, my home is fine, so is my sister's, we don't know about my brother's home as yet though. He lives on Kilmore-Lancefield Rd, about 1km from me towards Lancefield, the road is still blocked off (despite what it says on the Vicroads website and the Fireready app), so our heart's are in our throat's until we know for sure. The police at the roadblock are saying it might be a couple of days yet till they let anyone through, because of the hot dry weather that is forecast.

My build has been coming along wonderfully too until now

Would love to see some pictures of all these beautiful homes that are about to be handed over, especially the kitchens please.
So glad to know you and inglewood are safe and sound ad rocking with builds.

Would look forward to photos
Here are few photos I took in craigieburn which give an idea of brushfire and how close it was to houses:

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum