Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 442 of 862
[/quote]

We are having the Shaker Profile and you're right it's the standard finish which is Colourtech. Shaker Profile is only available in a "textured door profile". We aren't having silk finish.

http://www.laminex.com.au/uploads/brochures/Laminex%20ColourTech%20Painted%20Doors%20brochure.pdf[/quote]

Thanks inglewood

So at the end , how much extra you guys need pay for the Colourtech finish?

Somehow , I remember you mention 5-6K for Kitchen / Pantry in your post, am I right?
thanks guys for the advise re garages.

our house is coming along really well (apart fro the bricks and mortar issue) everything seems to be ok.
the painting is almost done, and the stone benchtops went in today as well

so hopefully not too much longer:)
Back Pocket
Wow inglewood, just caught up with your blog. Amazing how fast your house is appearing before your eyes. You must be happy with the progress so far. When does the apricot tree go in?? We also have a wonderful apricot tree in our current house and will be planting one in the new house. Is it a moorpark?

Lol - I have no idea what sort of apricot tree it is. We have two different sorts, one is ripe now and the other one will be ready in a couple of weeks. They're not as sweet and juicy this year as they have been other years (maybe we haven't given it enough water???). At the moment we are busy trying to come up with a design for the garden that fits in fruit trees, a big shed, an aviary, entertaining area and our big trampoline.

We are really pleased with the progress on our house and we are really happy with our site supervisor. He's very thorough and has picked up things we hadn't noticed ourselves yet.

The infills and the eaves are going in this week then that's it till the New Year.
suzybuzy
thanks guys for the advise re garages.

our house is coming along really well (apart fro the bricks and mortar issue) everything seems to be ok.
the painting is almost done, and the stone benchtops went in today as well

so hopefully not too much longer:)

So exciting!!! When will you know more about the bricks?
ont he 8th of Jan some ppl are coming to stain the mortar so its all the same colour.
Really hoping that it works
Scott2233

We are having the Shaker Profile and you're right it's the standard finish which is Colourtech. Shaker Profile is only available in a "textured door profile". We aren't having silk finish.

http://www.laminex.com.au/uploads/brochures/Laminex%20ColourTech%20Painted%20Doors%20brochure.pdf[/quote]

Thanks inglewood

Somehow , I remember you mention 5-6K for Kitchen / Pantry in your post, am I right?[/quote]

We are not paying anything extra
it's all standard. The 5-6K mentioned on my earlier post was for high gloss and for a different profile.
suzybuzy
ont he 8th of Jan some ppl are coming to stain the mortar so its all the same colour.
Really hoping that it works

I hope so for you! Fingers crossed!
inglewood
Scott2233

http://www.laminex.com.au/uploads/brochures/Laminex%20ColourTech%20Painted%20Doors%20brochure.pdf

Thanks inglewood

Somehow , I remember you mention 5-6K for Kitchen / Pantry in your post, am I right?[/quote]

We are not paying anything extra
it's all standard. The 5-6K mentioned on my earlier post was for high gloss and for a different profile.[/quote]

So u mean u get the colourtech as the standard finish of your house ? It must be some promotion upgrade , right?

My understanding is the Colourtech finish is quite expenisve no matter stain or gloss
Scott2233

So u mean u get the colourtech as the standard finish of your house ? It must be some promotion upgrade , right?

My understanding is the Colourtech finish is quite expenisve no matter stain or gloss

No, we are not paying anything extra... Our contract states: "Provide standard Laminex = Colour: Laminex Polar White Profile: Shaker Textured Door Profile". We were shown and given the colourtech brochure at our appointment when we were choosing the profile and the shaker profile is in this brochure under "textured door profiles". The shaker profile is only available in the textured finish and not the gloss or satin finish - which is where the expense is. Our original quote was for $7000 for Colourtech satin finish for Colonial Square (which comes in textured as well as satin and gloss finishes). The sample door at hopetoun says has "Colourtech" written on it - and that's the one that we're getting so I really don't know.... Sorry if I have confused you
- I'm confused now myself
, but at the end of the day we are not paying anything extra and we are having the shaker profile in Polar White which is what we want and we didn't want the glossy finish.

inglewood
Scott2233

No, we are not paying anything extra... Our contract states: "Provide standard Laminex = Colour: Laminex Polar White Profile: Shaker Textured Door Profile". We were shown and given the colourtech brochure at our appointment when we were choosing the profile and the shaker profile is in this brochure under "textured door profiles". The shaker profile is only available in the textured finish and not the gloss or satin finish - which is where the expense is. Our original quote was for $7000 for Colourtech satin finish for Colonial Square (which comes in textured as well as satin and gloss finishes). The sample door at hopetoun says has "Colourtech" written on it - and that's the one that we're getting so I really don't know.... Sorry if I have confused you
- I'm confused now myself
, but at the end of the day we are not paying anything extra and we are having the shaker profile in Polar White which is what we want and we didn't want the glossy finish.

Your color consultant was obviously a lot better than mine, I complained about her at the Contract signing (I didn't have a tender signing we went straight to contract) as well as giving negative feedback about her via the feedback form after signing on the dotted line.

My consultant just couldn't be bothered with me plain and simple. She didn't look me in the eye once and when I did ask a question, it took a lot of effort from her to answer.

I asked a couple of times about profiles, I even upgraded to the satin finish(3k) and was definitely told I couldn't have them.

To me the color appointment is the most important of all, and it was the ONE meeting where I felt I wasn't given any customer service at all. On reflection, I should have just asked for another appointment with a diffrent consultant, I am quite upset with myself now for not doing so.
Country Lifestyle

Your color consultant was obviously a lot better than mine, I complained about her at the Contract signing (I didn't have a tender signing we went straight to contract) as well as giving negative feedback about her via the feedback form after signing on the dotted line.

My consultant just couldn't be bothered with me plain and simple. She didn't look me in the eye once and when I did ask a question, it took a lot of effort from her to answer.

I asked a couple of times about profiles, I even upgraded to the satin finish(3k) and was definitely told I couldn't have them.

To me the color appointment is the most important of all, and it was the ONE meeting where I felt I wasn't given any customer service at all. On reflection, I should have just asked for another appointment with a diffrent consultant, I am quite upset with myself now for not doing so.

Ugh! That's terrible!! One time I went in to hometoun on a weekend and one of the girls I spoke to didn't even know what a "Shaker Style Kitchen" was!
suzybuzy
hi everyone
was just wondering what people's garages look like?
Is is mostly plastered, however around the external access door there is exposed brick.
Does anyone else have this?

Mine has no exposed brick, it is all plastered.

HD
Lurgen
suzybuzy
hi everyone
Is is mostly plastered, however around the external access door there is exposed brick.

Mine has no exposed brick, it is all plastered.

HD

Did you request it that way Lurgen?
We had handover on Wednesday!
All went well, very happy with Porter Davis, any issue we had were fixed, site supervisor was excellent!
Merry Christmas to everyone!!

http://chrysteeporterdavis.blogspot.com.au/
chrystee
All went well, very happy with Porter Davis, any issue we had were fixed, site supervisor was excellent!

Congratulations! Fabulous news!!! Great Christmas Present for you!

Just had a look at your blog! Very nice! Love the little shelf in the bathroom under the mirror - great idea!

Who did your concreting? It all looks so good!
Hi all,

Just a quick question... My house is still being built with handover early next year, The other day I got a Yarra Valley Water bill and was wondering if I actually have to pay for the bill or is PD responsible for it?

Cheers.
inglewood
chrystee

Congratulations! Fabulous news!!! Great Christmas Present for you!

Just had a look at your blog! Very nice! Love the little shelf in the bathroom under the mirror - great idea!

Who did your concreting? It all looks so good!

Thank you Inglewood!
We got Matt Wilson from Apache concreting, he was also doing some display houses in our estate. It turned out beautifully!
Congrats Chrystee, fabulous. Everything looks gorgeous. Have fun unpacking.
chrystee

Congratulations! What a great result, to be in for Christmas! I love that shelf too, where did you guys get it?
suzybuzy
hi everyone

This is what our garage back door looks like:

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum