Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 45 of 862
Dear all,

I just moved into a new foxley 29 around middle of December and I have found out that lots of things are wrong. Such as:

- didn't get a key for the rumpus door (supervisor and the office don't have idea where it went) and I still have not got that key. Even though I tried to follow up and the office just rang me an hour before that she has no idea why I have not got it. (I am so angry..)

- Can not use the ensuite shower because missing grout. Supervisor said that should be fix before Chistmas and I am still waiting for it.

- One of the external lights is not working. Also the light switch configuration is a bit strange, the left switch controls the right light and the right switch controls the left light.

- Several holes in grout for internal tiles

- Pantry door does not open smoothly(Now It's stuck)

- Dead lock for door between house and garage is faulty

- Flexible grout wrong colour between kitchen tiles(The colour is so wrong)

- Several holes in mortar in external brick work

- Hole in ceiling above oven (if you see it you have to say OMG!!!)

- No bath plug

- Crack in shower soap holder

- Fan in bathroom makes a very loud noise

- Wardrobe doors in bedroom 4 has handles at differing levels

- No light bulb in living area.

- Some doors are missing door stoppers

- Several windows got deep scratch so you can see the material inside.

I sent this list to the office and they don't really take it seriously.

The office rang me today and she said that they will look at all when it's due to 3 months maintenance.

I really feel that it's unfair. Something should be fixed first.

What can I do?

The other thing that I have to mention is 24/7 is rubbish. During the construction I tried to login to use it and there was no updated information all the pages that I clicked to open say "Please contact ....."

I think that the supervisor is nice but he is so so so so busy with so many things to look after. The office is so useless.

What do you guys think?

Jess, could you please help me?
kingcy99
Also the light switch configuration is a bit strange, the left switch controls the right light and the right switch controls the left light.

I found it a bit strange as well, I thought it's common sense to match the left switch to the left light & the right switch to the right light.

I used independent inspector to go through the house prior to PCI & he surely picked up lotsa things that I wouldn't. I also spent more than 2 hours during the PCI to make sure everything was all right & went from room to room & took my time doing so, switching on & off everything & went through the house inch by inch. I also didn't agree to settle before they rectified the PCI + independent report. I made myself clear that I woudn't pay them progress payment/final payment as per clause in the signed building contract if there's uncompleted work and after few delays in progress payments, they got the idea.

I'm waiting for 3 month maintenance for few rusty hinges & tarnished alfresco door handle.
For those that wish to know I got a reply from Hopetoun regarding wallpaper as we saw some we loved in a display home - Hopetoun does not offer the option of any wallpaper at all and it must be done by the owner post handover.
I find this bizarre considering I have not seen a single PD display home that is not covered in wallpaper in almost every room, yet it is not available to the customer.
To their credit Hopetoun have offered to look into the where the particular wallpaper we liked is sourced so that we may do it ourselves post handover, but I would have liked to have had it done during the build rather than put it up over a wall that is freshly painted.
Titch101
I've noticed most of the display homes these days have wallpaper of varying colours and textures, is it an option for PD to put up wallpaper and if so where can we choose it from, I have not seen any selections at Hopetoun etc.
If anyone has had this done can you also give a rough price per wall or meter??
Cheers

Hi Titch101,

I recommend speaking to someone at the Hopetoun interiors showroom to discuss your options, they'll be able to give you up to date advice. Wallpaper is fast becoming popular as people customise their homes with feature walls. This is something you will need to look at doing after handover as Porter Davis don't install wallpaper. Cheers, Jess.
Hi Baronx,
That's terrible you have been treated that way!
This is our second build with PD and our experience has been the complete opposite to yours. We have just had our colour and electrical appointments and both consultants were fantastic. Our colour lady "J" offered advice and fine tuned (or should I say fixed up
) our selections, as did our "A" our electrical consultant. We were very happy and impressed with both ladies. We also have our phone calls or emails replied to within 12-24 hours.
I'm not sure what's happened, but I agree to PM Jess.
Best wishes and I hope it gets sorted for you.
kingcy99
Dear all,

I just moved into a new foxley 29 around middle of December and I have found out that lots of things are wrong. Such as:

- didn't get a key for the rumpus door (supervisor and the office don't have idea where it went) and I still have not got that key. Even though I tried to follow up and the office just rang me an hour before that she has no idea why I have not got it. (I am so angry..)

- Can not use the ensuite shower because missing grout. Supervisor said that should be fix before Chistmas and I am still waiting for it.

- One of the external lights is not working. Also the light switch configuration is a bit strange, the left switch controls the right light and the right switch controls the left light.

- No bath plug

The office rang me today and she said that they will look at all when it's due to 3 months maintenance.

What can I do?

The other thing that I have to mention is 24/7 is rubbish. During the construction I tried to login to use it and there was no updated information all the pages that I clicked to open say "Please contact ....."

I think that the supervisor is nice but he is so so so so busy with so many things to look after. The office is so useless.

What do you guys think?

Hi kingcy99,

I am very sorry to hear that you have numerous maintenance issues that need attending too. It's also disappointing to hear about your issues with the 24/7 tool, and your difficulties contacting your SS and the PD office. I understand your frustrations & would like to help you out as best I can. Can you please send me a private message with your name, phone number, lot address & the main PD office you've been dealing with (i.e. Lifestyle East) and I'll look into this for you and see what I can do. Kind Regards, Jess.
Miss Piggy
Just to add to my above posting, I dont want to ask to many questions and seem like a pain to the lady at PD
that has helped us (as we have an autistic son we cant get to displays until after the school holidays are over so she has been helping us out until we can visit some displays) so i thought i would ask here,
we are very excited about building yet again (this will be our 3rd time) and have narrowed it down to 3 of the PD designs, all double story, the Cremorne, wembley (with alfresco added on) or the Chadwick (which is currently the front runner)
I have a question about the facades, to those who have build a double story with PD, which ones are standard, or what facades people got and a rough idea of the extra costs for certain ones, I know i could just ask her again but as i said i dont want to sound like a pain, when it is onyl so i get a rough idea for our budget.

Thanks in advance guys

Hi Miss Piggy,

Don't be afraid to ask
I'm more than happy to offer advice where I can. However, this is probably a question that a PD sales consultant can help answer. They can offer you up to date information & advice on facades that might help you make a decision. I know you've had some difficulties visiting a display home in the past, so would you like me to organise someone to contact you for a chat over the phone? If so, just Private Message me your contact details and I'll do my best to help you out. Cheers, Jess.
Hi All,

Can anyone explain to me how does the price guarantee work with PD. we are planning to build cottesloe in lyndarum ... our stage is not titled until say may-june
and the price lock up works for a quater ?? unsure how does this work ... ???? the base price is fixed .. then do i still have to keep paying $1500 every month of quater ?? wat if you'll dont have a price rise... ?? i reckon i shouldnt be paying anything extra.. y was i told to lock and sign before xmas.. wen nothing changed .. and i could have still got the same lock in thing now.. and didnt have to pay anything extra... please explain this.... doesnt the price rise get locked in for 6 months and then pay extra ... ??? the sales consultant was just bothered with his sale .. i never heard from him after the paying $1000 deposit... it was the last day we signed before closing for christmas ...he didnt explain this all properly .. neither we had a walk in done with him... i cant understand y such a poor customer service in the start...
its not good.. i am actually rethinking my decision...

the other thing was about the fixed site costs.. they end upto 20k and estate stuff was extra ... wen i asked for break down of the site costs they were unable to do so
seriously i am so left without answers...
strawberry_swing
Hi All,

Can anyone explain to me how does the price guarantee work with PD. we are planning to build cottesloe in lyndarum ... our stage is not titled until say may-june
and the price lock up works for a quater ?? unsure how does this work ... ???? the base price is fixed .. then do i still have to keep paying $1500 every month of quater ?? wat if you'll dont have a price rise... ?? i reckon i shouldnt be paying anything extra.. y was i told to lock and sign before xmas.. wen nothing changed .. and i could have still got the same lock in thing now.. and didnt have to pay anything extra... please explain this.... doesnt the price rise get locked in for 6 months and then pay extra ... ??? the sales consultant was just bothered with his sale .. i never heard from him after the paying $1000 deposit... it was the last day we signed before closing for christmas ...he didnt explain this all properly .. neither we had a walk in done with him... i cant understand y such a poor customer service in the start...

the other thing was about the fixed site costs.. they end upto 20k and estate stuff was extra ... wen i asked for break down of the site costs they were unable to do so

I am not 100% sure how it works, but I have a similar experience.
First of all, the sales consultant basically only responsible for your case until you pay the initial deposit ($1000).
Once initial deposit is paid, PD will contact you (could take a few weeks) to let you know who is your CSA and arrange tender appointment, if you have question, you should contact your CSA.

In regards to the site cost, it is up to you whether you want to pay 20k for fixed site cost (which means doesn't matter what happen, they won't charge you a cent) or you could always tell them you don't want to fixed the site cost and willing to take the risk (you pay exactly how much it costs). I highly recommend you to make the decision after looked at your first soil test report. (for my case, I need to use HD class slab, some rock found. I decided to go for fixed site cost, just in case they need to build retaining wall etc, which could cost fortune) If your first soil test result is not too bad (e.g. 'M' class slab, no rock found etc), you might want to consider not to fixed your site cost.

Anyway, only my 2 cents worth. Will let Jesse from PD to answer your question.
airly
strawberry_swing
Hi All,

First of all, the sales consultant basically only responsible for your case until you pay the initial deposit ($1000).
Once initial deposit is paid, PD will contact you (could take a few weeks) to let you know who is your CSA and arrange tender appointment, if you have question, you should contact your CSA.

In regards to the site cost, it is up to you whether you want to pay 20k for fixed site cost (which means doesn't matter what happen, they won't charge you a cent) or you could always tell them you don't want to fixed the site cost and willing to take the risk (you pay exactly how much it costs). I highly recommend you to make the decision after looked at your first soil test report. (for my case, I need to use HD class slab, some rock found. I decided to go for fixed site cost, just in case they need to build retaining wall etc, which could cost fortune) If your first soil test result is not too bad (e.g. 'M' class slab, no rock found etc), you might want to consider not to fixed your site cost.

.. but epping scares d hell out of me.. with the rock... so lets c... but do you knw if these guys can provide soil and survey test... shouldnt they provide that atleast ... as we have paid $1000 ONE of the CSA told me that they can provide this information only at tender.. WTF... y do i have to wait for everything.. and they will discuss everything later on .. i have pushed back on the tender dates.. due to their lousy behv... i am getting skeptical everyday with PD behv... i feel in the start i am facing so much
god knows.. wats in store of me... can anyone tell me how the hell do i get my result for d soil...
strawberry_swing
airly
strawberry_swing
Hi All,

.. but epping scares d hell out of me.. with the rock... so lets c... but do you knw if these guys can provide soil and survey test... shouldnt they provide that atleast ... as we have paid $1000 ONE of the CSA told me that they can provide this information only at tender.. WTF... y do i have to wait for everything.. and they will discuss everything later on .. i have pushed back on the tender dates.. due to their lousy behv... i am getting skeptical everyday with PD behv... i feel in the start i am facing so much
god knows.. wats in store of me... can anyone tell me how the hell do i get my result for d soil...

Th soil test will be carry out, once you pay the $1000 initial deposit. (I reckon it is used to cover their cost for soil test)
It is part of their process to show (and explain) you the soil report at tender, you could always change whatever you want at tender (including tell them you don't want to go for fixed site cost etc). Bare in mind that you will need to pay 3% of the building cost on the spot after you read thru the tender and happy to go ahead (they will book a contract appointment with you in a month time for final contract).

To be honest, they are just following their process (I believe most of us that built with PD gone thru the same thing). If you are not happy with their process, I would recommend you to rethink your decision. Since you are paying so much money for a house, you don't want to be unhappy right?!

Anyway, good luck and all the best!
Team PD
kingcy99
Dear all,

- No bath plug

What can I do?

What do you guys think?

Hi kingcy99,

I am very sorry to hear that you have numerous maintenance issues that need attending too. It's also disappointing to hear about your issues with the 24/7 tool, and your difficulties contacting your SS and the PD office. I understand your frustrations & would like to help you out as best I can. Can you please send me a private message with your name, phone number, lot address & the main PD office you've been dealing with (i.e. Lifestyle East) and I'll look into this for you and see what I can do. Kind Regards, Jess.

Dear Jess,

Thank you very much for your help. The supervisor called me last Tuesday and he came today.

He did fix things that he could and he said the rest of the issue will be fixed soon.

He also said the key for my rumpus door is on the way. I should get it today or tomorrow in the mail.

Thank you again for your help.
strawberry_swing
airly
strawberry_swing
Hi All,

Hi strawberry_swing,

I know the only way i'd get my site costs was to attend my appointments. They're not going to give you the details over the phone as they'll need to show you the site plan and show your the soil test report too. At tender its up to you if you're happy with that and will go forward. or you pack up and walk out.
I suppose delaying tender is only delaying yourself from getting the info.
The $1000 covers your soil & survey and im assuming the admin to get you to tender.
They'll have a procedure to follow - all big builders do - if your not sure - contact your CSA. I'm sure they'll outline it for you.

Good luck
kingcy99
Team PD
kingcy99
Dear all,

I just moved into a new foxley 29 around middle of December and I have found out that lots of things are wrong.
What can I do?

What do you guys think?

Dear Jess,

Thank you very much for your help. The supervisor called me last Tuesday and he came today.

He did fix things that he could and he said the rest of the issue will be fixed soon.

He also said the key for my rumpus door is on the way. I should get it today or tomorrow in the mail.

Thank you again for your help.

Hi Kingcy,

I'm very glad to hear that your Site Supervisor contacted you and helped sort out your maintenance issues. You're now free to enjoy your new home
I am glad I could be of use. Let me know if you have any questions in the future & keep us posted with any updates you have. Cheers, Jess.
strawberry_swing
Hi All,

Hi strawberry_swing,

I understand you have some questions regarding PD's price guarantee. I am sorry you feel frustrated about this not being explained clearly to you. Airly has offered some great insights here & is correct in saying the sales consultant is your main point of contact during the sale process and during the time you pay the initial deposit. You are then contacted by a PD staff member and appointed a Customer Service Administrator (CSA) who will take over from the sales consultant to answer your questions and guide you through the Tender process. However, until you're assigned a CSA, all questions should still be referred back to your Sales Consultant for the time being.

If you have deposited before xmas then you have locked in the pre-xmas price. My best advice is to call your sales consultant and organise an appointment to discuss this in detail. They'll be able to answer your questions and provide you with up to date advice. If you have any difficulties contacting your Sales Consultant, then please Private Message me your full name, lot address and phone number and I'll organise them to get in contact with you & help you out. Regards, Jess.
Currently looking at the render colour selections for PD Lifestyles Dulux Acratex and i'm very disappointed that nearly all 80 colour selections seem to be shades of grey and nothing else? I am looking for something like Gnu Tan or perhaps slightly darker than that but i'm getting nothing here. Does anyone know if PD will allow other colours from their Dulux range if it's not stated here?
Hi SoniaPD,
We have just had our colour appointment with PD and were told we could select any Dulux colour for our render.
We were also told the same on a weekend visit to Hopetoun. Maybe you could go on the weekend and ask the staff, if it's the same for Lifestyle, which it probably is.
Regards
Thanks so much Mimi, this PD booklet for render only had 80 paint options and did not state that i could use any Dulux colour as render, that's fantastic news.
Well we laid down our $1k deposit on Atrium 36 in Dec and have spent some quality time at Hopetoun checking things out.
It is a stunning house in our view and we were really keen to get things moving.

However I was very disappointed today and am really wondering if this is worth proceeding with.. (please forgive me if this mentioned before but could not read all pages).....
After reading on PD website that they dont let you off site with unsigned tender documents as it can slow down the process, we asked for a copy to be emailed so we could be prepared.. lol now its actually 'Company Policy'.. not speed..

As we dont know what it is we cant be sure of why we cant see it.. now that rings bells in my world.. if there is no risk what is the issue?

After reading the positives and negatives on this board I am really at a loss..

Can anyone enlighten us on the 'secret business' that occurs at Tender?
No secrets. I was emailed a PDF of tender. The bestvway to approach it was to load up every option you want and eliminate the items at tender you don't want. Eg. I had tiles and floorboards priced.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum