Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 422 of 862
Back Pocket
Well, our plastering started Saturday and continued Sunday and are now missing in action. Second story brick clean today and they have built the blue board balcony across the front. Eaves are completed too but not painted. Can't wait until Friday when the scaffolding is supposed to come down. Then we can really see what the house will look like!

Got the lock up invoice too. Just waiting until they complete lock up to pay it.

That's great news back pocket that means lockup stage would complete soon.
scaffoldings coming down on Sunday that's fantastic. It's great to see the house with out out it.
love to see more pictures. Finally our feature windows complete like the Hoffman display
it definitely makes a difference. Will upload a before and after in the blog soon. We drove past Tuesday evening and downstairs floorings complete. Love the bolero rustic coffee floor boards.

According to our SS our PCI will be on the 21st. Let's see how it goes as there is quote a few bits and pieces that needs to be done. We were told upstairs carpets and staining and rendering will be right at the end.

We did get the final invoice as well in preparation for handover
mummaDJ did tell PD sends it early as bank takes 2-3 weeks to approve the final payment.
mirz
Have to catchup on all the progress here

Congrats Claire, it's looking like one big castle now. Following your blog, coming along pretty nice.

Good to see inglewood finally it's that time, tomorrow is the day. We are following your blog too.

Hi Mirz
How are thing gong? Have you decided which house you guys will be building etc?
We've been painted and tiled! No set date for PCI yet. Any ideas how long it usually takes from this point?
Whoo Hoo Tinker!
looking forward to seeing pictures of that window!
I have tried to get photos to load, but I am having issues getting photos off my phone, might have to use a camera instead.

Skye02, that's fabulous!
Good to see things are finally moving for you
skye02
We've been painted and tiled! No set date for PCI yet. Any ideas how long it usually takes from this point?

Hi Skye02
It shouldn't take long if tile is completed. Our tile wasn't complete with the balcony feature wall. And galley still pending we were told PCI should be in 3 week 21st November ( electrician had done most the work) it should be around the same time.
didn't your SS give you a date yet?
tinker
skye02

Hi Skye02
It shouldn't take long if tile is completed. Our tile wasn't complete with the balcony feature wall. And galley still pending we were told PCI should be in 3 week 21st November ( electrician had done most the work) it should be around the same time.

My SS has been away on holidays for the last month and is not back until the end of the week so we haven't been given a date yet. I havent been there for a few days but we hadnt had our electrical fit off as of Monday but i will visit again tomorrow and check out where we are at. We also arent getting flooring done so hoping that reduces the time. I am so excited!
skye02
tinker
skye02

Hi Skye02

My SS has been away on holidays for the last month and is not back until the end of the week so we haven't been given a date yet. I havent been there for a few days but we hadnt had our electrical fit off as of Monday but i will visit again tomorrow and check out where we are at. We also arent getting flooring done so hoping that reduces the time. I am so excited!

Our floorboards were done within a day and believe the carpets won't take more than 2 days. Fingers crossed you too will be having PCI by end November max.
I can imagine as I am too. Might just drive past every other day
good luck hope they have done quite a bit since Monday.
Sounds like everyone is moving along at pace.

Skye - might be 4-5 weeks from now but ask your ss how you are tracking.

Tinker - sounds great for you. Can't wait to see photos. Make sure you contact bank straight away as ours had to do a valuation, that is why it takes longer. Also get your house insurance lined up.

All - I am loving our Bolero flooring. Very hardy and easy to clean. They do seem to attract the dirt and dust from outside! Even cope with kids dragging chairs across the floor!!!!!
tinker
Our floorboards were done within a day and believe the carpets won't take more than 2 days. Fingers crossed you too will be having PCI by end November max.
I can imagine as I am too. Might just drive past every other day
good luck hope they have done quite a bit since Monday.

Thanks Tinker - i hope your PCI passes with flying colours!
MummaDJ
Sounds like everyone is moving along at pace.

Skye - might be 4-5 weeks from now but ask your ss how you are tracking.

Tinker - sounds great for you. Can't wait to see photos. Make sure you contact bank straight away as ours had to do a valuation, that is why it takes longer. Also get your house insurance lined up.

All - I am loving our Bolero flooring. Very hardy and easy to clean. They do seem to attract the dirt and dust from outside! Even cope with kids dragging chairs across the floor!!!!!

Thanks mummaDJ we will. Been busy finalizing fencing and house insurance. How do like the temporary blinds
did you manage to finalize blinds etc.. Love to see more pictures. I love how the bolero rustic coffee flooring looks that's fantastic was worried how it cope up with kids dragging chairs across it etc..
Temporary blinds do the job. They just rattle in the wind during the night. Make sure you don't attach them to painted surface. I have stuck onto aluminium frame or stick straight on window. Due to the rattling blinds, I am now looking at shutters for bedrooms. Just trying to determine between timber and PVC white shutters. Will use roller blinds in kitchen family area.
Internet connected next week so will post photos then. Some blind companies will provide temporary blinds if you have already locked them in. Shutters take around 8 weeks for delivery and blinds anything from1-4 weeks.
We have been in our house for 12 months now, when I sent an email to the new home care team about our 12 month inspection we received a response from them..

"According to your contract a twelve month inspection is not included, if you have any structural issues please forward a list along with relevant photos and I will pass on to a New Home Care Supervisor to be assessed."

We clearly remember that we were informed that there will be a three month inspection and the a 12 month inspection.

Is any one else in the same situation as us.
We've got a frame!!!! Wahoo!

More pics on the blog!
Exciting to see lots happening on so many builds! Exciting times for many!
inglewood

Yay! Glad to see it's all happening, inglewood!

More pics on the blog!
inglewood

More pics on the blog!

looking great, congrats inglewood. exciting times
tinker
Hi Mirz
How are thing gong? Have you decided which house you guys will be building etc?

good to see you are approaching PCI stage. would love to see more photos on your blog

our land was supposed to be titled in Aug, now it seems like Jan/Feb (big thanks to Stockland
)

shortlisted two houses so far, i.e. PD's hoffman (with few changes) is on the top so far

only drawback is lack of choices with PD, but every volume builder has own issues.
We now have stone bench tops in and our garage door is on!

Think i hate my feature tile though which is very annoying. Hopefully the look of it improves when basins and mirror are in.
J & C
We have been in our house for 12 months now, when I sent an email to the new home care team about our 12 month inspection we received a response from them..

"According to your contract a twelve month inspection is not included, if you have any structural issues please forward a list along with relevant photos and I will pass on to a New Home Care Supervisor to be assessed."

We clearly remember that we were informed that there will be a three month inspection and the a 12 month inspection.

I have it in writing from the sales consultant that there is a 3 month and 12 month inspection.
J & C

Hi J&C,

Just wanted you to know that I had this looked into for you and the response you received regarding the 12 month inspection from the New Home Care team is in fact correct - a 12 month inspection is not mentioned in your contract. As stated though, should you have any structural concerns, please forward the list and photos onto the NHC supervisor for assessment.

Cheers, Helen
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum