Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 419 of 862
Ally007
Country Lifestyle
Quote:
Hi,
we are building in Ambrosia, Cranbourne West.
Well there isn't really a Montague 25, it's a Montague 21 with all the extras, living, 4th bedroom, extended kitchen and grand alfresco so it ends up being 25 squares. That's why I call it a Montague 25 lol... We actually have a lot that is too big for it, Montague 21 first on a 12,5 width, we have a block that is 14x32, so we will have a bit extra on the side, we will see if it's worth it or not. I'm not excited yet, I will be once I have an actual start date, when I know everything is finally sorted.
When is your settlement?

Ally does your land have any easements on it? My land is 32 x 14 same as yours, but with a set back at the front of 5 meters and 6 meters to the garage, and a easement of 2.5 running along the back of my property (PD add another 1 meter to that), I had to actually shorten the grand alfresco quite a bit, so just be aware of it.

My house sale settled, my land purchase settled, have done colors, electricals, tiles and signed contracts, will get around to starting a blog soon, my site is due to start November 15th I am told.

Hi Charlene

I am building a Montague 25 also like Ally. Look forward to reading your posts too.

Yeah I think it's the same thing in the back as yours, because of pipes or something...
We are also positioning the house to the right of the block because of easement or something on the left side so it's cheaper.
What is your block number? we might be neighbours or something

Plus I think we might start at the same time as well...

Just be careful about sharing your actual block numbers on open forum. I read one girls blog who ended up shutting it down as she had accidentally put the address somewhere and then when build finished was broken into twice. Just be wary. Try PM each other.
An update about the tiling issue. Good news. Met our SS today. Discussed in detail and cleared an doubts and he has agreed to do it as per the display.

P.S thanks Helen for helping to sort this issue promptly.
tinker
An update about the tiling issue. Good news. Met our SS today. Discussed in detail and cleared an doubts and he has agreed to do it as per the display.

Great news, Tinker. Our eaves should be in soon and I think we will have the infill over some windows upstairs and over the laundry door (which we checked out on the display, it has it too
) We'll know soon. Meanwhile almost all of the bricking is finished apart from the front balcony so lock up should not be far away....ahhh, another big invoice
inglewood
Site scrape happened on Tuesday!!! Wahoo!!!!! It's started! Pics on the blog!

Congrats inglewood
congrats that's great news. Things will starts progressing pretty soon before you know you will reach frame stage.
MummaDJ
Ally007
Country Lifestyle

Ally does your land have any easements on it? My land is 32 x 14 same as yours, but with a set back at the front of 5 meters and 6 meters to the garage, and a easement of 2.5 running along the back of my property (PD add another 1 meter to that), I had to actually shorten the grand alfresco quite a bit, so just be aware of it.

My house sale settled, my land purchase settled, have done colors, electricals, tiles and signed contracts, will get around to starting a blog soon, my site is due to start November 15th I am told.

Hi Charlene

I am building a Montague 25 also like Ally. Look forward to reading your posts too.

Yeah I think it's the same thing in the back as yours, because of pipes or something...
We are also positioning the house to the right of the block because of easement or something on the left side so it's cheaper.
What is your block number? we might be neighbours or something

Plus I think we might start at the same time as well...

Just be careful about sharing your actual block numbers on open forum. I read one girls blog who ended up shutting it down as she had accidentally put the address somewhere and then when build finished was broken into twice. Just be wary. Try PM each other.

Thanks Mumma..
that is a really good idea!
Back Pocket
tinker

Great news, Tinker. Our eaves should be in soon and I think we will have the infill over some windows upstairs and over the laundry door (which we checked out on the display, it has it too
) We'll know soon. Meanwhile almost all of the bricking is finished apart from the front balcony so lock up should not be far away....ahhh, another big invoice

That's great news back pocket
. We too have I fills over the laundry door. And the balcony door. ( this isn't that visible cause the eaves. I think they do the balcony last. Oh yes
Hocm - we had to mow ours - I had mowed it a few times already, I love mowing the lawn luckily so I did it myself its a great workout when its that much space!
Hi inglewood, when is your slab supposed to be laid? Is it this week? Hopefully they can still continue the earthworks with this rain happening. Just what you don't want, rain when they have finally started!
Hey Back Pocket.

They put in the screw piles on the weekend. Slab pour is scheduled for the 29th - fingers crossed! Might pop up there after work and see if the pipes are in yet.
We have hit fixing stage - I wonder if we will be in before Christmas? There are still 8 weeks to go - fingers crossed.
skye02
We have hit fixing stage - I wonder if we will be in before Christmas? There are still 8 weeks to go - fingers crossed.

I'm a bit confused as to what constitutes the completion of 'fitting stage'. So far we've only had the following installed:

- Kitchen sink
- Most of the architraves
- Skirting boards
- Cabinet housings
- All the doors and door frames

But missing items:
- Stairs not complete (enclosure not fully built so the back is still totally exposed)
- Garage roof still not up and subsequently garage ceiling not up
- No sinks in any other areas
- No bathtubs installed
- No cabinet doors
- No benchtops

What is technically considered the finish of Fitting?
skye02

Glad to hear things are moving for you Skye02. Will cross my toes too
Serenity_Now
skye02

I'm a bit confused as to what constitutes the completion of 'fitting stage'. So far we've only had the following installed:

- Kitchen sink
- Most of the architraves
- Skirting boards
- Cabinet housings
- All the doors and door frames

But missing items:
- Stairs not complete (enclosure not fully built so the back is still totally exposed)
- Garage roof still not up and subsequently garage ceiling not up
- No sinks in any other areas
- No bathtubs installed
- No cabinet doors
- No benchtops

What is technically considered the finish of Fitting?

You still need stairs and cabinet doors i believe. PD blog states:

Fixing stage – Eye on the inside! Plaster linings, kitchens and vanities installed plus your stairs if you’re building a double storey home. BSS Group visit for the second time to check on our workmanship.

It is also listed on page 11 of your HIA Contract.

Baths, stone (benchtops), bathtubs and garage door come later
Back Pocket
skye02

Glad to hear things are moving for you Skye02. Will cross my toes too

Thanks Back Pocket - we need all the fingers and toe crossing we can get!
We have just seen our kitchen splash back and aren't keen on the colour of the tiles. Does anyone know if we can get them changed or is it too late?
Nathan+89. You should not give your personal details especially your phone number in a public forum. Not sure if you were trying to PM somebody but it's come through on the main feed.

Nique01 - what stage are you up to? Have you spoken with your BC/SS about your issue?
We are building an access house, the Randwick 24.
We had a site start of August 28th and it has now been 8 weeks and 2 days, and we have already had the bill for fixing stage!! They seem to be going so fast, I can't believe it! Very happy with the quality so far, and we're also very happy with the professionalism from our BC, she's been awesome! Always quick to reply to our emails and solve any issues we have. Our BC and SS can't give us a definite date for PCI yet, but said if all goes well we should be in before Christmas! So exciting to see our house taking shape

http://chrysteeporterdavis.blogspot.com.au/
Hi skye02, we have phoned our SS this mornign. He thinks we won't be able to change it but is checking. If we can it will hod up the build by 1-2 weeks. We could always do it after handover, I just thought I would see if anyone had any luck with changing tiles. We are in the last stage, only 3 or so weks left so it is late but tiles have only just finished so only got to see it yesterday.
Yes i was trying to pm. Am i able to take it down? Sorry about that.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum