Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 403 of 862
MummaDJ
Building_Darnley
mirz
I received an email from PD for free colour bond roof upgrade. Would this apply in my case? Nothing signed yet.

Looks generic email, I am passed my fixing stage and I got the same email
not changing roof tiles to colour bond at last stage plus I dont like Colour bond...

This would have to be for people that haven't signed their contract as yet. So Mirz - go for it if this is what you are wanting.

thanks guys for your responses. I wasn't going to pay $5k for colourbond, but if its free would love to check with my SC to include this too

Hey MummaDJ, going through your blog. your house is looking just fab. you guys must be excited to get in before christmas time. any more photos of facade would be great (as we will be going with same).
inglewood
We have a porta loo, cross over thingie and a rubbish cage! Wahoo! We're the first on the estate to start! Well done PD!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

many congrats
inglewood, how exciting to be the very first in whole estate.
is there a need to upgrade hot water unit from 175L one? anyone done this?
clairemumto5
Hi Meowsy, Yup - about 18 things, most of them to do with blocking? but about 7 things that are slightly more significant.

wow, claire your house has taken whole shape now.

all these issues were identified by your extra inspection or PD's own inspection?
meowsy
Does anyone know how much PD will charge you for PCVs once everything is signed off? Just rethinking the render colour...

You don't have to pay to do a PCV, only have to pay if there is some difference in price for whatever you are choosing. If it is just a colour change, then shouldn't be a cost.
Thanks Mirz, not much change in our facade except the garage door going on today, although it is up and I can't see how it looks. Still some work needed to the Portico out the front of the front door and front door needs painting - guess they do that last so it doesn't get damaged. I shall take some over the weekend and then post.
Also check out Belle10 back on page 398, she has the same Balmain Facade. Also ajd78 has Balmain on the Rochford.
Mumma, ok that would be good.
meowsy
Ally well done, I love your selections too! We've gone for a light brick as well. Your kitchen is really similar to ours, our floors are a light colour too, only timber. What is the blue colour for again? I didn't think islands could have splashbacks.. unless you made a mistake when you wrote it!

Claire, was it a frame report you had done? Ours had quite a few bits and pieces but our SS explained everything... what kinds of things were on there?

Hi meowsy, glad you like our selection. Blue is for the island bench, we got the idea from a display home and this si the photo of it...

MummaDJ
All looks fabulous Ally, well done. Splashback is fabulous. I remember seeing a similar colour on the "Show us your Splashback" thread. Looks nice and fresh.

Thanks Mumma, we are going with all neutral colours so I thought we need a bit of colour somewhere and I loved what they did at the display home so I had to have it too, especially since that is my favourite colour.
Ally007
MummaDJ
All looks fabulous Ally, well done. Splashback is fabulous. I remember seeing a similar colour on the "Show us your Splashback" thread. Looks nice and fresh.

Thanks Mumma, we are going with all neutral colours so I thought we need a bit of colour somewhere and I loved what they did at the display home so I had to have it too, especially since that is my favourite colour.

That looks amazing. LOVE it.
Ally, I see what you mean. That does look great!
Thanks! Will know tomorrow whether we can afford it!
mirz
is there a need to upgrade hot water unit from 175L one? anyone done this?

We upgraded to the 270L one because we have 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms and based on the following chart from Rinnai:

http://www.rinnai.com.au/hot-water/sola ... ter-split/

From memory the upgrade cost was ~$600 to go from the 175L to the 270L
Ally007
meowsy
Ally well done, I love your selections too! We've gone for a light brick as well. Your kitchen is really similar to ours, our floors are a light colour too, only timber. What is the blue colour for again? I didn't think islands could have splashbacks.. unless you made a mistake when you wrote it!

Claire, was it a frame report you had done? Ours had quite a few bits and pieces but our SS explained everything... what kinds of things were on there?

Hi meowsy, glad you like our selection. Blue is for the island bench, we got the idea from a display home and this si the photo of it...

Hi Alloy007
This looks amazing. Love the colour selection.
Hi Tinker, thank you so much, we are just picking a cream tile instead of the grey one in the photo.
we have the same window, same sink and range hood. we are also paying extra for the cooktop and over because I didn't want a freestanding one.
inglewood
hey Lurgen. How did handover go?

Hi all - I've been quiet of late as we don't have Internet access yet. Next week hopefully.

Handover went reasonably well - there are always going to be problems but we're working through them.

Our SS really did a great job. A bunch of trades let him down in the last few days before handover meaning he was running around like crazy on handover day.

At this stage we are getting a replacement splashback (the original had a mark behind it which was only made worse when they tried to fix it) and the shower frames are being looked at tomorrow by them manufacturer to see if they can fix some marks on them.

We've moved in, and are about 90% unpacked already.

Handover day is a stressful activity, I have to say. So much pressure to get the deal done, so it's easy to just cave on issues and proceed with serious issues outstanding. We were lucky, our SS resolved the serious issues very quickly but it was touch and go for a while there.

Since moving (last Saturday) the driveway has gone in, fences are up, landscaping will happen this weekend, curtains are mostly up. I'll post up a list of trades that I've relied on with good results in another post soon but if anybody is looking for a good A/C guy, a good paver, or a good landscaper PM me.

Next I have to find me an electrician!
Lurgen
... if anybody is looking for a good A/C guy, a good paver, or a good landscaper PM me

I should probably point out that all the people I used are based in the South Eastern suburbs in and around Pakenham.
Contracts to lurgen on being in your new home and to inglewood for your impending site start!
Lurgen
inglewood
hey Lurgen. How did handover go?

Hi all - I've been quiet of late as we don't have Internet access yet. Next week hopefully.

Handover went reasonably well - there are always going to be problems but we're working through them.

Our SS really did a great job. A bunch of trades let him down in the last few days before handover meaning he was running around like crazy on handover day.

At this stage we are getting a replacement splashback (the original had a mark behind it which was only made worse when they tried to fix it) and the shower frames are being looked at tomorrow by them manufacturer to see if they can fix some marks on them.

We've moved in, and are about 90% unpacked already.

Handover day is a stressful activity, I have to say. So much pressure to get the deal done, so it's easy to just cave on issues and proceed with serious issues outstanding. We were lucky, our SS resolved the serious issues very quickly but it was touch and go for a while there.

Since moving (last Saturday) the driveway has gone in, fences are up, landscaping will happen this weekend, curtains are mostly up. I'll post up a list of trades that I've relied on with good results in another post soon but if anybody is looking for a good A/C guy, a good paver, or a good landscaper PM me.

Next I have to find me an electrician!

glad to know after going through so many phases, you are settling in well.

here are details of an electrician i used, and highly recommended (Darryn)

http://www.iconnectelectrical.com/iconn ... rical.html
Congrats Lurgen
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum