Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 38 of 862
Audreyand Oscar
great info thanks! but i actually meant the three feature lights over the island bench.....however now I want under the cupboards too!

Audreyand Oscar,
we had our electrical appointment Mid November, and the electrical team do not have any lights on file, but will make allowances (with Juncttion boxes etc) for fitting later. On our last build we found that Maroondah Lighting (just in the shops on the LHS past Oban road Ringwood) had some great feature lights, as well as Beacon lighting in Nunawading.
Hello Everyone,

Just to offer an update, we signed contracts yesterday and are looking to start building late Jan / Early Feb.

Consequently, I just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed on this forum and has helped answer our questions along the way.

A separate thanks to Jess for her assistance as well.

Exciting times now

Good Luck to All.......

Chorlton
hey building,

We're technically in "mountain gate" (windermere estate) but when i say that ppl are like ""where???" haha

Where abouts are you building? Rob and i mulled over the idea for ages about what we were going to do, stay and reno the existing house with view to renting it out later, move out into HArcrest (the new estate in Wantirna Sth) or go out pakenham way but we came full circle back to stay put where we are and build our dream home now rather than later. IT's an ideal location for us for personal and work reasons.

And some exciting news (Well for me anyway
) Council came back with consent to our demo (not that we were expecting anything else) and had PD come out this morning to do the site survey and soil test is happening monday. It feels all real now! Yay! Now to get through chrissie and wait patiently for tender! Woop!
Hi Chorlton.

Congratulations on signing your contracts!
You have an exciting new year ahead! I am glad to help out wherever I can, it's my pleasure. Goodluck with your site start & have a great Christmas! Cheers, Jess.
MelNRob
hey building,

We're technically in "mountain gate" (windermere estate) but when i say that ppl are like ""where???" haha

Where abouts are you building? Rob and i mulled over the idea for ages about what we were going to do, stay and reno the existing house with view to renting it out later, move out into HArcrest (the new estate in Wantirna Sth) or go out pakenham way but we came full circle back to stay put where we are and build our dream home now rather than later. IT's an ideal location for us for personal and work reasons.

And some exciting news (Well for me anyway
) Council came back with consent to our demo (not that we were expecting anything else) and had PD come out this morning to do the site survey and soil test is happening monday. It feels all real now! Yay! Now to get through chrissie and wait patiently for tender! Woop!

I know Mountain Gate well LOL

We were up near Wattleview

Congratulations on getting council approval!

Onwards and upwards!
Hi

Has anyone used chatsworth facade from PD?

If you do, can you please post a photo.

Thanks
Yellow
Question what is the relationship between EBH and PDH??
There is some kind of connection between Porter Davis, Eden Brae and Adenbrook in Queensland. There is a crossover of designs etc. Not sure if there is shared ownership or they are under the one umrella or what. But there is defintely some type of relationship.
yeah I LOVE the interior of the home I am building by EBH on the PDH site

Adenbrook hey Hmmm now checking them out hehehehehehhe
what house are you building mecha?

I think they are all the same company but just different trade names, same with Places here in Vic.
Cremorne 37
PD have it in 35 and 40 Sq

however the interiors on the PD website are to DIE FOR!!!!!!
cjm
Just got the word that handover is on Friday!

Happy days!

What's the process? Do we just hand over the cheque to our site supervisor on the day? Do we have to visit the PD office?

Hi cjm,

I just wanted to follow up on how your handover went last week? Did everything go smoothly?
Cheers, Jess.
Hi every one,

I haven't posted for ages!
Our land is finally settling this wk, great xmas pressie

So our build was meant to start this month!
So nowvwe should be starting in Jan, looking forward to the journey lol
Mel
Team PD
cjm
Just got the word that handover is on Friday!

Hi cjm,

I just wanted to follow up on how your handover went last week? Did everything go smoothly?
Cheers, Jess.

We got the keys on Friday but there are a few issues! The major issues are that the central heating is broken and the cooling can't be connected as plumbing and electrical is wrong in the roof space.

Also, our painter did a really crap job - splashes everywhere (including paint footprints in the garage). It doesn't look like any of the paint defects found at PCI were fixed - our stickers were just taken off the wall!

Hopefully our SS can get the major issues fixed before Xmas ...
cjm
Also, our painter did a really crap job - splashes everywhere (including paint footprints in the garage). It doesn't look like any of the paint defects found at PCI were fixed - our stickers were just taken off the wall!

Hopefully our SS can get the major issues fixed before Xmas ...

We got the same problem with the painter, they just remove the stickers & only touch up probably 10% of what was stickered in PCI. I refused to take the keys until they fix the problems in the PCI & as a result we've delayed our Hand Over to tomorrow. If it turns out they haven't done any of the item in the PCI, I'll push the hand over back to January & let them have a completed empty house as their responsibility during the holiday period. I told my SS & CSC as much.
mel_mox
Hi every one,

I haven't posted for ages!
Our land is finally settling this wk, great xmas pressie

So our build was meant to start this month!
So nowvwe should be starting in Jan, looking forward to the journey lol
Mel

Hi Mel,

Congratulations on having your land settling this week, that is great news! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Keep us updated on how your build progresses in the New Year and have a great Christmas!!!!
Cheers, Jess.
I had my colour and electrical appt yesterday.

I ended up spending $4700 at electrical - just on extra lights, downlights, power points, battens for ceiling fans and chandeleirs etc. its a bit over budget but I'm really happy.

I didn't go to mad at colour selection - i already knew the cost for the cat 2 bricks and timber garage door that I wanted. Just a few bits and pieces added.

Most importantly I decided to get a pivit entry door...has anyone got one of these or know what that is going to cost me? I'm budgeting around 2K.

Almost time to strat my own thread now I think
Audreyand Oscar
I had my colour and electrical appt yesterday.

I ended up spending $4700 at electrical - just on extra lights, downlights, power points, battens for ceiling fans and chandeleirs etc. its a bit over budget but I'm really happy.

I didn't go to mad at colour selection - i already knew the cost for the cat 2 bricks and timber garage door that I wanted. Just a few bits and pieces added.

Most importantly I decided to get a pivit entry door...has anyone got one of these or know what that is going to cost me? I'm budgeting around 2K.

Almost time to strat my own thread now I think

Hey A&O! Congrats on the next step
I'm patiently waiting until mid Jan for our colour and elec appointments...just!

RE: the pivot doors - Rob and i are choosing a pivot and i contacted corinthian doors. The 1020mm door (we like the look and feel of the oversized door) was approx $1108 + gst and the frame was $2506 + gst (included 2 250mm sidelights). If you give Corinthians a call though and give them your exact specs they were pretty good on giving a quote over the phone. (i'm gonna have to get my butt in gear and sell some things on ebay to gather the money for the WOW door..
mecha-wombat
Cremorne 37
PD have it in 35 and 40 Sq

however the interiors on the PD website are to DIE FOR!!!!!!

I liked the cremorne too...but my sister wants to build that one! i have to rein myself in when we visit the display homes coz i could be sending the other half to an early grave for all the things on my wish list...hehe...building is exciting though!
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to claim damages from PD for late completion of building works. I've informed my CSC that I'll deduct the amount of damages from the final payment as per Clause 40.1 of the signed HIA Building Contract.

My CSC told me that I still have to pay the full amount as per invoice & they'll raise a variation for the days they go over the construction period.

However, my interpretation of the HIA Building Contract Clause 40.1 is that I can deduct the amount from the Final Payment.

Any thought on this? Probably Jess from PD can clarify this?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum