Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 340 of 862
Mikey_Harrison

Hi
That looks normal mate. There usually a 10cm gap or so where that meet for cleaning and you'll always see the sliver gutter.
Actually your tiles make cutting the angle rather neat so your looks very impressive. We've got the curvy tiles and they look harder to cut them all straight. Or at least that's what I assumed.

And yes, the pipe looks unacceptable, send the photo it to your BC now for addressing now rather then waiting for PCI...
And ask for photos when they complete it so you dont have to necessarily get up a ladder...

Thanks
Mike

tstr1a
Silver lining is called a valley.

Apart from the raised tile (where air-con drainage pipe is located) it looks fine. Water will obviously run downwards (22.5 degree pitched roof) and won't sit around pooling. Roof looks like it’s finished off neatly.

Thanks guys...

Really helpful to get your opinions since houses here are built so differently from my home country so all your help has been greatly appreciated
Lurgen
J & C
Can someone please let me know if we get re-imbursed for the water usage during the construction. Our BC asked us for the bills when we went to collect the keys so far she tells me that she is just chasing the accounts department. Its 4 month's since we have moved in.

Yep, you should be. Our BC confirmed this very clearly during the contract session - you should simply provide them with copies of the invoices at handover and the amount is supposed to be deducted from your final payment. No doubt Helen and your BC will sort this one out.

Out of curiosity, how much water got used over that time?

Dam, didn't know this either and assumed it was my cost so I just paid it along with the electricity.

Stiffed again!!
Your back on homeone Zinner! I see you haven't posted in your thread in a while, how is everything going?
Lurgen
J & C
Can someone please let me know if we get re-imbursed for the water usage during the construction. Our BC asked us for the bills when we went to collect the keys so far she tells me that she is just chasing the accounts department. Its 4 month's since we have moved in.

Yep, you should be. Our BC confirmed this very clearly during the contract session - you should simply provide them with copies of the invoices at handover and the amount is supposed to be deducted from your final payment. No doubt Helen and your BC will sort this one out.

We received two bills one for $155 and the second for $282. We just submitted the first one.

Hi Helen could you please follow-up on this too as I'm not getting any response to my emails from our BC, guess its because our files have been sent over to the home maintenance team.
Zinner

Dam, didn't know this either and assumed it was my cost so I just paid it along with the electricity.

Stiffed again!!

Oh.. I didn't know that too.... looks like time to start hunting my receipts... not sure how I will be billed for Electricity since I dun have an account for the build address
J & C
Lurgen
J & C

We received two bills one for $155 and the second for $282. We just submitted the first one.

Hi Helen could you please follow-up on this too as I'm not getting any response to my emails from our BC, guess its because our files have been sent over to the home maintenance team.

Hi J&C
I am looking into this - will get back to you ASAP.
Cheers, Helen
Is someone able to post a picture of what the 'Valentino Stepped Vessel' Basin looks like? I assumed it was this basin http://www.imagesbylisa.com.au/albums/C ... nsuite.jpg but Google seems to think differently and I was just quoted $165 to upgrade from the basic basin to this... Well at least I think it is this! Are there different models?

Thanks!
ftdt7882
Is someone able to post a picture of what the 'Valentino Stepped Vessel' Basin looks like? I assumed it was this basin http://www.imagesbylisa.com.au/albums/C ... nsuite.jpg but Google seems to think differently and I was just quoted $165 to upgrade from the basic basin to this... Well at least I think it is this! Are there different models?

Thanks!

I dont have a picture yet, but yes those are the Valentino 420 Stepped Vessel basins, with the Posh Base Mixer. We upgraded from the basic 'Prestige range ' basin (the one with the tap on the side) to these and it cost us $91.00 each.

I hope that is a help...
madhouse1
ftdt7882

Thanks!

I dont have a picture yet, but yes those are the Valentino 420 Stepped Vessel basins, with the Posh Base Mixer. We upgraded from the basic 'Prestige range ' basin (the one with the tap on the side) to these and it cost us $91.00 each.

I hope that is a help...

This blog has pictures..... Its not my blog, but it might help you find your answer... http://wembley35.blogspot.com.au/2013/0 ... lours.html

Best of luck.
ftdt7882

Thanks!

There is a Porter Davis Upgrades thread and it states your basins should cost $91 or $92.

$165 seems a little much. I am upgrading to the porcher round basin and i was quoted around $150 a basin (unless im in for a rude shock).
madhouse1
ftdt7882

Thanks!

I hope that is a help...

Thank you for your help! That is the basin I am after and the basin I was quote on, so that helps!

I think maybe it costs more for Lifestyle people to upgrade to these basins because Prestige/Access range has a different standard basin to start off with?
ftdt7882
madhouse1
ftdt7882

Thanks!

I hope that is a help...

Thank you for your help! That is the basin I am after and the basin I was quote on, so that helps!

I think maybe it costs more for Lifestyle people to upgrade to these basins because Prestige/Access range has a different standard basin to start off with?

Youre very possibly right. But its best to check because the one I upgraded from looked to be the most basic one they had available at Hopetoun.... Its that smaller one that has the tap off to one side mounted into the benchtop. Good luck!!
ftdt7882
madhouse1
ftdt7882

Thanks!

I hope that is a help...

Still seems very pricey for option 2.
skye02
ftdt7882

Thanks!

There is a Porter Davis Upgrades thread and it states your basins should cost $91 or $92.

$165 seems a little much. I am upgrading to the porcher round basin and i was quoted around $150 a basin (unless im in for a rude shock).

I am already in shock! hahaha!

Basins are something that can't be changed that easily when you get the keys, so I am thinking I may need to do a bit of shuffling to fit these babies in price wise!
ftdt7882
skye02
ftdt7882

Thanks!

I am already in shock! hahaha!

Basins are something that can't be changed that easily when you get the keys, so I am thinking I may need to do a bit of shuffling to fit these babies in price wise!

Yes, we have the Valentino Stepped Vessel (Lifestyle range) as shown on my blog (referred above). We were quoted and charged - $144 each, this was only on 8th Feb.
MummaDJ
Yes, we have the Valentino Stepped Vessel (Lifestyle range) as shown on my blog (referred above). We were quoted and charged - $144 each, this was only on 8th Feb.

I followed your blog today - loving it!
So it seems like the price is standard, that's ok, I think I can live with that!
MummaDJ

Wow, i am shocked that they would cost so much! Imagine what option 4 costs.
I am going to confirm my basin price because the price quoted must be way off.
I wonder how Serenity_Now went with the second tender appointment today? Hopefully everything went better than the last one!
hi everyone
Im new to this forum. i would like to know if any one know how much a 2040 mm * 3900 mm bi-fold timber/aluminium door would cost with porter davis.
tinker
hi everyone
Im new to this forum. i would like to know if any one know how much a 2040 mm * 3900 mm bi-fold timber/aluminium door would cost with porter davis.

Welcome, Tinker!

I don't have a price for that exact size but my 2100mm high x 3600mm wide timber bi folds (including staining) is costing us $3819.

Hope this helps!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum