Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 329 of 862
djames
Hi all, Does anyone know the upgrade cost from the standard colorbond double garage door (from the stimulus package) to the dynamic decowood door.

Cheers.

Just had a friend who has upgraded to the timber look door. I'm not sure of the specifics of her upgrade, but I do know it cost her about $1,000. I'll see if I can find out more detail.
Hope that helps!!
madhouse1
djames
Hi all, Does anyone know the upgrade cost from the standard colorbond double garage door (from the stimulus package) to the dynamic decowood door.

Cheers.

Just had a friend who has upgraded to the timber look door. I'm not sure of the specifics of her upgrade, but I do know it cost her about $1,000. I'll see if I can find out more detail.
Hope that helps!!

Thanks for your reply.... helped a lot
djames
madhouse1
djames

Cheers.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks for your reply.... helped a lot

No worries, ill let you know if I can get the specifics, have you checked out the PD upgrades thread? Lots of prices on there
Quote:
No worries, ill let you know if I can get the specifics, have you checked out the PD upgrades thread? Lots of prices on there

Thanks that would be great.... I did go through the upgrades thread but was not looking for the garage door upgrade at the time.. I was pretty thorough and I cant recall ever seeing anything in regards to the garage door upgrade. Ill check it out again though.
djames
Quote:

Thanks that would be great.... I did go through the upgrades thread but was not looking for the garage door upgrade at the time.. I was pretty thorough and I cant recall ever seeing anything in regards to the garage door upgrade. Ill check it out again though.

Just got a quick reply, she tells me it was $1080.00. Good luck
PDKallara- as hubby (captainsideburns) mentioned, things were cleared up pretty quickly. Once we forwarded our inspection report to our SS he got onto the tradies to do the fixes. We then had another onsite meeting not long after so he could go through the report and show us where things had been rectified. There weren't a whole heap of issues to begin with or anything major, so I think that helped.
It does sound to me as though we have been very fortunate to have been allocated our SS who has been very thorough, organised and helpful from the start, and he will definitely be getting a token of thanks from us when we have finished!
MummaDJ
LittleWing
cinderella_375
Woohoo! We have a PCI date. Possible hand over by end of month. That's at least 6 weeks ahead of schedule

What fantastic news!!! Ahhh I'm so excited for you!!!

HD

That is super, hope this happens for us, otherwise I think we will fall over the Christmas period, would be nice to be in by then. Enjoy the move...

Hi mumma

I was hoping for just before Halloween (oct 31st) as it's my favorite holiday (I'm from the states) and what a way to kick off a new home that would be for me
!

HD
madhouse1
djames
Quote:

Just got a quick reply, she tells me it was $1080.00. Good luck

Awesome! thanks for finding that out.... much appreciated.
mitroff
Hey Guys,
PCI is done and dusted

No major problems, just some minor paint touch ups, a couple of loose fly screens, a few gaps that need filling and a gutter that needs to be leveled out. Everything else looks OK !
Handover is next week so our journey is quickly coming to an end

I've updated the blog and will put some more photos once we move in and install the flooring.
Until then, be good and swim between the flags

Just checked out your blog! It is all looking fantastic! We've inquired about a waterfall bench and are waiting to hear back about the price. Looks really nice. Can't wait to see your floors! Love the way your bulk head goes right across the top of the range and overhead cupboards, might need to do it that way too!
Hi Everyone

How long did it take between paying your $1k deposit and being assigned a building coordinator? We paid our $1k on the 9th of January but haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers

ftdt
hi guys im back on this forum after a while..............

ok need some feedback, has anyone built a pool with SEASPRAY POOLS...........(or are intending too.) let me know and i tell you the real story............

what was your experence wuth them! And we thought building a house was hard!!!!!!
ma2531
hi guys im back on this forum after a while..............

ok need some feedback, has anyone built a pool with SEASPRAY POOLS...........(or are intending too.) let me know and i tell you the real story............

what was your experence wuth them! And we thought building a house was hard!!!!!!

We're hoping to get a pool but haven't got to the quote stage yet, I'd love to hear your story....
ftdt7882
Hi Everyone

How long did it take between paying your $1k deposit and being assigned a building coordinator? We paid our $1k on the 9th of January but haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers

ftdt

Hi ftdt7882,
There are a couple of steps before our sales consultants send in the paperwork for the construction of a new home and a Building Co-ordinator (BC) is allocated. You have paid your 1K deposit to lock in the price, site start month and promotion. The next step is your floor plan appointment with your sales consultant where you talk through any structural changes you would like to make to the floor plan. Once this appointment has taken place, the paperwork is prepared and sent to the relevant regional office and then a BC is appointed. These steps take around 3 weeks, so if you have already had your floor plan meeting with the sales consultant, your BC should be contacting you this week.

If for some reason you are yet to have your floor plan meeting or you just would like me to follow-up on the appointment of your BC, please private message me, via this forum, with your contact details and I will get back to you.
Cheers, Helen
Team PD
ftdt7882
Hi Everyone

Cheers

ftdt

Hi ftdt7882,
There are a couple of steps before our sales consultants send in the paperwork for the construction of a new home and a Building Co-ordinator (BC) is allocated. You have paid your 1K deposit to lock in the price, site start month and promotion. The next step is your floor plan appointment with your sales consultant where you talk through any structural changes you would like to make to the floor plan. Once this appointment has taken place, the paperwork is prepared and sent to the relevant regional office and then a BC is appointed. These steps take around 3 weeks, so if you have already had your floor plan meeting with the sales consultant, your BC should be contacting you this week.

If for some reason you are yet to have your floor plan meeting or you just would like me to follow-up on the appointment of your BC, please private message me, via this forum, with your contact details and I will get back to you.
Cheers, Helen

Excellent, thank you Helen!

I think we had our floorplan appointment on the 12th of January (I don't have that info with me at work!). If I haven't heard from anyone by next week, I will PM you. Thanks Helen
hi.
i must say to anyone building with Porter Davis there AFTER service has been FANTASTIC.

They called us before the 3 month inspection date and got things that were needed to be attended to done.(not there was much). The supervisor was excellent,

Thanks porter davis for the great service you have provided us................................
ma2531
hi.
i must say to anyone building with Porter Davis there AFTER service has been FANTASTIC.

They called us before the 3 month inspection date and got things that were needed to be attended to done.(not there was much). The supervisor was excellent,

Thanks porter davis for the great service you have provided us................................

I agree, the after service was good.

I remember having no water at Christmas Eve and someone was there to fix the issue.
3 month inspection was efficient and now I have my 12 month inspection and I hope they keep up the same standard.
ma2531
hi.

Hi ma2531,
Good to see you back on the forum and I hope you are enjoying living in your Waldorf. Thanks for the positive feedback about the New Home Care Team; which I’ll be sure to pass on
Cheers, Helen
tstr1a
ma2531
hi.

I remember having no water at Christmas Eve and someone was there to fix the issue.
3 month inspection was efficient and now I have my 12 month inspection and I hope they keep up the same standard.

Hi Tstria,
I’m pleased to hear that you have been happy with the new home care service to date. Please let us know how your 12 month inspection goes and if you have any concerns at all, you can always PM me via this forum.
Cheers, Helen
tstr1a
ma2531
hi.

Good to hear that... I am hoping that the excellent service stays that way when my house is done....
Just putting my hand up - is there anyone around who is building a Marina41? I had missed it (I remember vaguely a different Marina plan for the 14m width?) when I went through plans earlier!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum