Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 327 of 862
MummaDJ
Tiles Tiles Tiles is all I have to say. I think I will dream about Tiles till our appointment on Tuesday. So confused.

I hear you! I'm pretty sure I'm ok with tiles, but I'm doing my head in thinking of the exterior colours - window frames - arghhhh - keep rotating between surfmist, primrose and paperbark (we're going with Jarrah brick - at this stage anyway

If any one has external pics of their PD homes it would be great to see them with the colours noted of bricks, render, window frames, fascia, gutters, roof & garage door (etc!!!)

Has anyone been able to make changes to their facade?
Our sales consultant told us that removing the window from the wardrobe at the front of our house (Drysdale) is not an option bc it is part of the facade - we don't want a window there as I don't like the idea of a blind permanently down or shut-
Has anyone else removed or changed windows (another thing we were told was not an option - but I think I read somewhere on the forum of someone changing a window in their PD facade) it would be great to say that PD did it for so and so and so they can do it for us.
inglewood
MummaDJ
Tiles Tiles Tiles is all I have to say. I think I will dream about Tiles till our appointment on Tuesday. So confused.

I hear you! I'm pretty sure I'm ok with tiles, but I'm doing my head in thinking of the exterior colours - window frames - arghhhh - keep rotating between surfmist, primrose and paperbark (we're going with Jarrah brick - at this stage anyway

If any one has external pics of their PD homes it would be great to see them with the colours noted of bricks, render, window frames, fascia, gutters, roof & garage door (etc!!!)

Our sales consultant told us that removing the window from the wardrobe at the front of our house (Drysdale) is not an option bc it is part of the facade - we don't want a window there as I don't like the idea of a blind permanently down or shut-
Has anyone else removed or changed windows (another thing we were told was not an option - but I think I read somewhere on the forum of someone changing a window in their PD facade) it would be great to say that PD did it for so and so and so they can do it for us.

Hi Inglewood

With you also, researching other peoples blogs right now looking at Tiles and also their Exterior colours, we have Hopetoun in a week. I have found a few Blogs where people do list all their selections. It is good for those that have now finished and you can see their selections and then how they look on completion. A good place to find these is to go back earlier on this block and see if people have listed some links - also I just googled Porter Davis Blogs. The other thing you can do is do a search on this forum for the Jarrah Brick and then this will bring up other posts and people then document their colours.

Re the facade - we were also told we couldn't change the facade in any way. The only slight change was the actual type of window in the window space. We weren't able to change the size or delete the window in the facade. The only change we could make was to the entrance door.
MummaDJ
inglewood
MummaDJ

Hi Inglewood

With you also, researching other peoples blogs right now looking at Tiles and also their Exterior colours, we have Hopetoun in a week. I have found a few Blogs where people do list all their selections. It is good for those that have now finished and you can see their selections and then how they look on completion. A good place to find these is to go back earlier on this block and see if people have listed some links - also I just googled Porter Davis Blogs. The other thing you can do is do a search on this forum for the Jarrah Brick and then this will bring up other posts and people then document their colours.

Re the facade - we were also told we couldn't change the facade in any way. The only slight change was the actual type of window in the window space. We weren't able to change the size or delete the window in the facade. The only change we could make was to the entrance door.

Just a quick tip regarding external colours. Both Austral and Boral will give you addresses of completed homes in your local area with the specific brick or bricks you are considering, it's a great way to see the external colour options others have chosen and the resulting overall effect.
I think Borals may actually be accessible online??
Thanks for the tips!
Found this list of blogs on the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1522&hilit=blogs

Big list of blogs of people building
inglewood
Found this list of blogs on the forum:

Wow, that it brilliant, I hadn't found that yet.
Did you find the blog - What not to forget?[quote="inglewood"]Found this list of blogs on the forum:

Hi all,
We haven't been much active lately with our posting but finally got some good news.
PCI schedulled for tomorrow and handover for the following week.
We still have quite a few things to be addressed and fixed but we'll see how we go.
Will keep you posted
inglewood

I don't think you will be allowed to remove the window. All I managed to get altered on the PD facade was the vertical position of the window (moved it by 10cm higher to match the elevated ceilings) and a slightly larger balcony door (2340mm) instead of the standard height door, again to match my elevated ceilings, doors and windows throughout the house.

Removing a window.. I was told is a NO NO as it would change the house from the Porter Davis look.
mitroff
Hi all,
We haven't been much active lately with our posting but finally got some good news.
We still have quite a few things to be addressed and fixed but we'll see how we go.
Will keep you posted

Good luck Mitroff
Take your time and look after everything from very angle !
But enjoy it too.
regards
Mikey
I have a quick question

Was anyone able to negotiate any 'deals' in terms of price, free upgrades etc? (excluding advertised promos etc)

Our sales consultant was a straight down the line 'no' we don't do things like that yet I've just come across a member on here who has just put down their $1k deposit and was able to negotiate a few upgrades.

I'm just wondering if anyone else was able to negotiate things? Did this happen before tender or at tender?

Thanks
mitroff
Hi all,
Will keep you posted

Oh fantastic. I am so jealous! Can't wait to hear how it went.

I think we are *almost* there, but we didn't see a whole lot of action last week disappointingly, so hubby is calling our S/S today to find out where we are at.
Our rental r/e is on our backs to find out if we will vacate at the end of our lease at end of March. Geez I hope so!
inglewood
MummaDJ

Hi Inglewood

We did. We picked the Cape York facade (Prestige, single storey) and changed the windows to those on the Kiama. The sizes were different. The only cost was $350 in 're-engineering.' The house administration was done in March 2011 and the build started in November 2011.

Our blog is no longer available online, but if you want a pic or more details, PM me.
Hi,

It's getting frustrating
as it's been 2 & half months since handover from porter davis & there are still quite a few outstanding issues that needs to be sorted like I haven't got music system that I have already paid, some of the things in the design like table hasn't been done, air-condition connection has still not been sorted properly & above all I got an email from developer saying that some of the things in the house do not comply with design standard like ECU should be rear of the house etc & one more.

The thing that frustrates me is I haven't got any response from PD saying when the list of issues that are listed above & some others will be fixed even I have sent a couple of emails to building co-ordinator & site supervisor.

Is there anywhere that I can reach to escalate this?

Thanks !!!
tamugrg
Hi,

It's getting frustrating
as it's been 2 & half months since handover from porter davis & there are still quite a few outstanding issues that needs to be sorted like I haven't got music system that I have already paid, some of the things in the design like table hasn't been done, air-condition connection has still not been sorted properly & above all I got an email from developer saying that some of the things in the house do not comply with design standard like ECU should be rear of the house etc & one more.

The thing that frustrates me is I haven't got any response from PD saying when the list of issues that are listed above & some others will be fixed even I have sent a couple of emails to building co-ordinator & site supervisor.

Thanks !!!

Hi tamugrg,
I will follow this up for you now. Someone will be in touch with you shortly
Cheers, Helen
tamugrg
Hi,

It's getting frustrating

Thanks !!!

Bottom line, they will never get back to you and complete these jobs unless you make a nuisance of yourself. The 'customer service' part happens pre contract, after that you're just a thorn in their side.

Building a new home 1.01 - The more noise you make, the better service and price you'll get.

This is simply the nature of the industry. Enjoy.
inglewood

Just updated my blog to show the bricks, window frame, gutter and fascia.. the specifics for the colours chosen are also on my blog. I did go for 50mm brick instead of 76mm brick tho
Woo hoo!!! I had a call from the slab supervisor that my site start is today. So excited finally after so many weeks waiting. Can't wait to drive by after work today to see what they have done.
inglewood

We built the Drysdale and we didn't ask to remove the window but we did change it to obscured glass. You probably don't want to stand too close to it, but it makes a big difference privacy-wise. It's a pretty stupid spot for a window if you ask me (although the natural light is nice).

I don't know if it's the same for all the facades (ours is Waterside, but it is also true of Gable) but without a door between the ensuite and master bedroom (which isn't standard) you can see directly into the ensuite toilet and shower from one of the master bedroom windows. Just something to be aware of
. We have the door, and also privacy blinds in the master bedroom, so it's rarely an issue.
Superdaddy
Woo hoo!!! I had a call from the slab supervisor that my site start is today. So excited finally after so many weeks waiting. Can't wait to drive by after work today to see what they have done.

Congratulations!!
It is so great to be able to see your site start after such a long wait. Good luck with your build!

We had our plumbing installed today, a few things wrong such as taps instead of mixers
but our SS said he was already on it and the plumber will be back today/tomorrow to fix it. He also said the carpenter will fix our Ensuite wall and the Roof that was supposed to be installed last week will be installed this week. So I'm a little happier today hehe.

I've updated my blog with pictures of our doors and window frames also. Need to do colours for everyone!
inglewood

Hi,

I spent a long time trying to find the right colour brick, as such I updated my blog a while ago of all the various brick photos I found. You may find this helpful.

http://pdkallara33.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/choosing-brick-colours.html
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum