Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 305 of 862
Can someone please let me know, if the land outside the house is flattened and free of debris at handover.
Zinner
Rups
Evening everyone... been a long time since we've posted on here. Seems like a lot of new builds have kicked off and are generally going well, which is great to hear. Building (with PD or not) can be very trying, and having come out the other side being extremely happy with our house, all I can say is - know your build, hold your ground, be fair and courteous, and ask as many questions as you need to.

We booked in our 3 months maintenance today, with an appointment next Friday. The list we have is fairly small, which is good.

For those of you who are interested, our blog has finally been updated after nearly 3.5 months! Big change from a regular weekly update! Hope you get a chance to have a look

Best of luck!

Awesome Rups!
. House looks great.

We had a lot of issues as well when we took the over our house but your issues seemed to be a lot worse than ours. Good to see you got it all fixed.... for us... umm... not so lucky.

The newest issue is our driveway cluster F but im way to upset to comment on it right now, and that wasn't even done by PD. Long story short, house was late, all money for getting fences driveway landscaping was eaten up by late build. Back in debt after fences, driveway, blinds (still haven't arrived), backfill for lawn(still needs more dirt so no lawn yet) excavation costs and other issues but now with no money to fix them... and a nice chunk of debt to live with (and a bad driveway).

Over 2 years since we put the deposit down now. Only been in a month and wish id never set foot down this path....

I used to believe that you make your own luck... now I believe that God just hates me.

hang in there.
monkeypantz
Thanks Wateman, I find it really strange. You'd think that if it was standard they'd at least take a little more care with the brickwork up there

Mines the same, bricks look fine.
Rups
Evening everyone... been a long time since we've posted on here. Seems like a lot of new builds have kicked off and are generally going well, which is great to hear. Building (with PD or not) can be very trying, and having come out the other side being extremely happy with our house, all I can say is - know your build, hold your ground, be fair and courteous, and ask as many questions as you need to.

We booked in our 3 months maintenance today, with an appointment next Friday. The list we have is fairly small, which is good.

For those of you who are interested, our blog has finally been updated after nearly 3.5 months! Big change from a regular weekly update! Hope you get a chance to have a look

Best of luck!

Hi Rups,

Congratulations on your baby Girl, she is gorgeous

I had a look at your blog and must admit your house looks awesome. I love your choice of furniture, lights and all the other smaller details that make your home beautiful and warm. You've done well

Also, if I can please have the contact details of your electrician that did all the post handover work for you, it would be much appreciated. It is very hard now days to find a trustworthy and reliable electrician.
Thank you and all the best for the future
Rups your house looks amazing!! I love the styling too; it looks so chic, but still comfortable! And congratulations on your bundle of joy. They certainly do change your life and complete the "home"! Thanks for sharing
mitroff
Hi Rups,

I had a look at your blog and must admit your house looks awesome. I love your choice of furniture, lights and all the other smaller details that make your home beautiful and warm. You've done well

Also, if I can please have the contact details of your electrician that did all the post handover work for you, it would be much appreciated. It is very hard now days to find a trustworthy and reliable electrician.

Hi Mitroff, I've sent you a PM with his details.
J & C
Can someone please let me know, if the land outside the house is flattened and free of debris at handover.

Hey
I asked SS to clean up the site at PCI as there were broken broken wall tiles, and such everywhere. I still ended up with a few bags of rubbish and some scaffolding which was kindly deposited at the nearest PD site. Although they did leave me (as my request) the last pallet of bricks.

As for levelling, once the site scrap is done and slab poured, nothing else will happen with the levels. That'll be your issue to resolve:-( However, if you have any landscaping packages, they might if you follow up with their landscaping contractors early.

Thanks
Mikey
we've had our final inspections and have been informed that are floors were not leveled before tiling and also a window is not on level. Has anyone been in a similar situation...how was it resolved.
Our frames have started to go up!! Refer to blog for more details!
Its amazing how fast PD is working on our site! Sorry for all those who haven't made progress on your building, maybe our tradies are heading over to yours sometime next week!

Well, our independent supervisor had a look at our slab after its been poured and he's said that all is level and the slab was within tolerable range. Im wonder what this range is, anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've noticed that some of the outlet pipes or down pipe usually have a tape over it. Im worried that some of them may have been broken off or damaged during the build. What is it gets clogged up during the whole building process? I've read on the forum that some people are finding that AFTER they've moved into the house, their toilets get clogged, and their showers are not working etc.
Any suggestions how I can prevent this from happening, or rather, should I get someone to go check on the pipes now?!

Finally, with the solar hot water panels. We have ours drawn on the drawings facing the Western sun.
From some research I believe the system should be facing a Northern sun preferably. Would the solar panel guys coming out know what to do or will they just mount it to whatever specs the drawings have done?!
Rups
mitroff
Hi Rups,

Hi guys, I was also hoping you may pass on your electricians details?
Been in our house for 9 months, had hotwater system stolen overnight..

wtf..
Lisjac
Rups
mitroff
Hi Rups,

Hi guys, I was also hoping you may pass on your electricians details?

Hi Lisjac, I've sent you a PM
humble

wtf..

That sucks! Did you have it behind a side gate? Were you able to get it replaced today?
Rups
humble

wtf..

That sucks! Did you have it behind a side gate? Were you able to get it replaced today?

Yup. Behind a gate. Albiet unlocked (not any more)

Yer we did.. $1550 installed (mate is plumber) it was just the gas booster and the ingnitor. Hope the insurance will pay out.
What the?! That's awful, humble!! So sorry to hear that.
gabster
Our frames have started to go up!! Refer to blog for more details!
Its amazing how fast PD is working on our site! Sorry for all those who haven't made progress on your building, maybe our tradies are heading over to yours sometime next week!

Well, our independent supervisor had a look at our slab after its been poured and he's said that all is level and the slab was within tolerable range. Im wonder what this range is, anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've noticed that some of the outlet pipes or down pipe usually have a tape over it. Im worried that some of them may have been broken off or damaged during the build. What is it gets clogged up during the whole building process? I've read on the forum that some people are finding that AFTER they've moved into the house, their toilets get clogged, and their showers are not working etc.
Any suggestions how I can prevent this from happening, or rather, should I get someone to go check on the pipes now?!

Finally, with the solar hot water panels. We have ours drawn on the drawings facing the Western sun.
From some research I believe the system should be facing a Northern sun preferably. Would the solar panel guys coming out know what to do or will they just mount it to whatever specs the drawings have done?!

hi gabster, we were told by our inderpendent inspector that 6mm was the tolerable range, ours was 10mm out in certain areas. its been a abousolte headache trying to get it straight before they laid the tiles. Thankgod we have a good s/s and he was not prepared to lay tiles down until it was right.
hi guys well got news this week that our PCI is on the 8th october. so looking forward to all happening now, lets hope it all goes well. Update blog also....
Blog updated with this week's progress. Mostly tiles
humble
Rups
humble

wtf..

Yup. Behind a gate. Albiet unlocked (not any more)

Yer we did.. $1550 installed (mate is plumber) it was just the gas booster and the ingnitor. Hope the insurance will pay out.

your have had bad luck... hope insurance pay it out for you
ma2531
hi guys well got news this week that our PCI is on the 8th october. so looking forward to all happening now, lets hope it all goes well. Update blog also....

Looking good ma! Your place looks to have come along in leaps and bounds since your last update, although I guess that's the difference that something like tiles can make! You can really see the finished product coming together.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum