Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 287 of 862
ma2531
Hi guys.
just updated blog for those intrested.....The most exciting time of the build, kitchen has arrived.

Hi ma2531,

Thanks for your blog update, the photos are great! Its always a nervous wait to see how your colour selections turn out, nearly every client goes through this worry. I’m pleased to hear you’re happy with your choices. I look forward to your next update.
Cheers, Ebony
ma2531
J & C
Where can we buy the best blinds / plantation shutters

hi j&c i have being getting qoutes also for our house, so far have got 4 quotes, as so far, blind factory came up the cheapest for blinds but the most expensive with shutters.( with pd discount )

Best price for both blinds / plantation shutters where from melbourne blinds on sydney rd coburg..They so far have they have had the best quality for the price and we have alot of windows.

hope this is helpful. m&a.

Thanks for this ma2531, do these blind factory guys come over to your house to measure and fix the blinds. I agree Sydney Road is so faraway...
humble
ma2531
J & C

hi j&c i have being getting qoutes also for our house, so far have got 4 quotes, as so far, blind factory came up the cheapest for blinds but the most expensive with shutters.( with pd discount )

Best price for both blinds / plantation shutters where from melbourne blinds on sydney rd coburg..They so far have they have had the best quality for the price and we have alot of windows.

hope this is helpful. m&a.

If you somewhat handy. Use port phillip shutters. Half the price.

we will need someone to fix them as we are not as handy as we'd like to be...don't Phillip Shutters install them for you.
Team PD
J & C

Hi J & C,

A couple of our clients were sharing information and pictures about blinds and plantations shutters not that long ago, here is the link to their discussion – I hope this helps. Cheers, Ebony

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&p=853006&hilit=+plantation+shutters+#p853006

Thanks for this Ebony
Has anyone poured concrete around the house and for a garden shed, when should one perform this task.
J & C

we will need someone to fix them as we are not as handy as we'd like to be...don't Phillip Shutters install them for you.

I think they will. Prob still cheaper.
We have received both our lock-up and fixing invoices stating both the stages are complete when they are not complete both have same dates. From what I have read on this forum there is a gap of atleast 21 weeks between lockdown and fixing. When can one say the fixing stage is complete? My understanding of fixing is everything in your house such as taps, benchtops, locks, switches should be complete for PD to send me an invoice. Is my understanding correct ?
J & C
We have received both our lock-up and fixing invoices stating both the stages are complete when they are not complete both have same dates. From what I have read on this forum there is a gap of atleast 21 weeks between lockdown and fixing. When can one say the fixing stage is complete? My understanding of fixing is everything in your house such as taps, benchtops, locks, switches should be complete for PD to send me an invoice. Is my understanding correct ?

This is from the PD procedure of purchase document.

stage 4
FIXING stage – BSS Independent Quality Inspection
Plaster linings installed. Kitchen and vanities (excluding granite benchtops) and stairs installed. internal fix completed. Fixing stage complete.

stage 5
PRACTICAL COMPLETION stage – BSS Independent Quality Inspection
Painting, wall and floor tiling complete. All electrical, plumbing, heating and vacuum systems fitted off. Shower screens, mirrors and splashbacks installed. Door furniture, robe rails etc. to be installed.
J & C
Has anyone poured concrete around the house and for a garden shed, when should one perform this task.

after handover. We did it as soon as we could, my dad is a concretor, so I had a bit of an advantage lol.
He is a big advocate of doing an apron around the house with proper drainage to avoid major house cracks.
serenitynow
J & C

after handover. We did it as soon as we could, my dad is a concretor, so I had a bit of an advantage lol.
He is a big advocate of doing an apron around the house with proper drainage to avoid major house cracks.

thanks for this...roughly how much does the apron around the house cost and could you pm me your dad's contact details.
mimi23
J & C

This is from the PD procedure of purchase document.

stage 4
FIXING stage – BSS Independent Quality Inspection
Plaster linings installed. Kitchen and vanities (excluding granite benchtops) and stairs installed. internal fix completed. Fixing stage complete.

stage 5
PRACTICAL COMPLETION stage – BSS Independent Quality Inspection
Painting, wall and floor tiling complete. All electrical, plumbing, heating and vacuum systems fitted off. Shower screens, mirrors and splashbacks installed. Door furniture, robe rails etc. to be installed.

Thanks for this
PCI today
JLD
PCI today

Woohooooooo! Hope it goes well!

We are scheduled for lock up this week
I've done last week's blog update, hopefully this week's will be up sooner rather than later

We visited the site on Saturday. In preparation for lock-up our front door frame is in and we LOVE it!! We went for a 2340x1200mm pivot door with single sidelite. There's a temporary door in its place at the moment, but the size is so impressive, it's exactly what we were after
JLD
PCI today

Hi JLD,

Good luck with your PCI today, be sure to let us know how it goes.
Cheers, Ebony
J & C

Hi J & C,

You are right, there is normally a gap between the two stages so I would recommend you bring this up with your BC in case there has been an oversight. Keep us in the loop with the outcome. Cheers, Ebony
Thanks Guys. PCI went really well, ultimately the house is in really good condition. Plenty of little bits and pieces like paint touch ups and little grout touch ups. Not really anything major at all which is fantastic.

We are full steam ahead to handover end of next week and I can't wait. Getting really excited about decorating the house as I've been buying plenty and would love to get it in there....oh and the curtains and blinds, really looking forward to seeing all of it come together.

monkeypantz
JLD
PCI today

Woohooooooo! Hope it goes well!

We are scheduled for lock up this week
I've done last week's blog update, hopefully this week's will be up sooner rather than later

We visited the site on Saturday. In preparation for lock-up our front door frame is in and we LOVE it!! We went for a 2340x1200mm pivot door with single sidelite. There's a temporary door in its place at the moment, but the size is so impressive, it's exactly what we were after

Your house is looking great!
Congrats JLD

I am going to post a positive review about Porter Davis.

We absolutely love our home, we had our 3 month Inspection happen today.

Porter davis rang us about 3 weeks ago and organised the Inspection. Our inspector was absolutely brilliant!

Our house is fantastic we have no cracks or major issues, my husband and I check the house constantly, and we are very happy.
Only a couple of minor issues and a little brickwork has to be redone the attitude of the maintenance guy " that this will be fixed" was fab.
Totally happy.
Awesome maintenance guy.
I have to give credit when It's due.
very very happy.

Great home and the after care for us has been fantastic, they even replaced scratched windows for me.
It's great to hear a positive review, serenitynow. People are so vocal when things go wrong (and rightly so), that it can really dominate the conversation and make you feel really negative about it all. I know some people in here have had terrible experiences and have every right to complain (and Zinner, I think you should complain more!), and hopefully we can all learn from each others' experiences, but it is nice to hear some good news too

JLD - handover next week!!! That's so exciting
I can't wait to see some pictures of the finished product

We recieved our lock-up invoice yesterday, a couple of days earlier than expected. SS called to ask if we wanted any of the leftover bricks, and since we don't yet know what we want to do about a letterbox we asked some to be left. It will be a pain to dispose of them if we decide not to use them, but better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them
. Hubby drove by the site last night, bricks are finished (obviously), the site has been cleaned and it's looking great. Inside, the insulation is in, and I think plaster will be started today
How long does it normally take from Fixing to PCI to handover for a single storey house.
monkeypantz
It's great to hear a positive review, serenitynow. ...... I know some people in here have had terrible experiences and have every right to complain (and Zinner, I think you should complain more!), and hopefully we can all learn from each others' experiences, but it is nice to hear some good news too

I agree that its good to hear some positive reviews. I think that this whole building thing for everyone is a nightmare, no matter what stage you are in (and some even after they finish building). Some nightmares are just darker than others.

I feel like I have complained enough. The stories I could tell you of the last 3 weeks alone.... jesh! I no longer see the point. I feel a bit like Rocky in the last round of his fight against Apollo. Bloodied, Beaten, Blinded, Bruised... if it comes out a draw i'll be happy.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum