Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 286 of 862
We're still here. We have had a hideous time with finance, so are still trying to get all that sorted. PD are ready to go which is good, but frustrating! Aaagh! So as soon as we can get this nightmare of a bank happening, we can start immediately!
my time here on this forum from now on in will be extremely limited if none at all.

I thank those who helped us during our build. Good Luck with your build into the future. Keep a eye on your build, make sure everything is completed prior to handover. PD are a good company, the processes that support certain area's def need work.

Concentrate on your relationships with the BC and SS. Be up front, open, honest and communicate. Dont wait for them to ring, you do the ringing.
humble
my time here on this forum from now on in will be extremely limited if none at all.

I thank those who helped us during our build. Good Luck with your build into the future. Keep a eye on your build, make sure everything is completed prior to handover. PD are a good company, the processes that support certain area's def need work.

Concentrate on your relationships with the BC and SS. Be up front, open, honest and communicate. Dont wait for them to ring, you do the ringing.

Hi humble,

It will be so sad to see you leave, I know the last couple of months weren’t as smooth as they could’ve been however I really appreciate your honest feedback here and have forward it onto the PD office.

I hope you drop in on the forum every now and then to say hello and give updates on how your home is coming along and to help those who are about to go through the journey you’ve been through since you all that knowledge and experience now.

Good luck! Ebony
hi sencillez thankyou for bring the subject up on the windows.
we are also building a double storey with no one on either side of us, but we had to install three windows that are translscent which we not happy about as they face the front of our house.
Did they change them for you once the windows were in or before installation.
As soon as you can get back to me ill let our s/s know as we were unhappy about the windows..
Thanks for the good information.
sencillez
Just had an issue resolved by our SS and BC

May i ask what sytle home you are building.
We were initially asked to upgrade to transluscent windows because we were building a double storey.
After consulting the council, they said that the Overlooking Requirements is not applicable for us since there's no property behind and beside our property. We've raised this with our SS and BC (error was made during planning stage). After heaps of email exchanges and calls, we're very happy to share that they have addressed our issue.

Here's what we've learned from this experience:
1. do not hesitate to raise an issue, after all, you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars for the property
2. do lots of research, backup your claim with facts
3. be reasonable and courteous, ensure that your complaint is valid.
4. use PD's 24x7 portal to ensure that every communication is documented (we noticed that they respond faster via 24x7)

At this point, we're really happy with our SS and BC. So far, they're doing their best to deliver our dream house.
hi just updated blog for those intrested..............
How long does it take from frame to lock up and from lock up to fixing???
I know fixing is the longest stage
michaelrezk
How long does it take from frame to lock up and from lock up to fixing???
I know fixing is the longest stage

Not sure about others who have built a davenport, but for me building a Rowland ( or Marina) it was

Week 7ish frame complete
Week 14ish lockup
Week 35 fixing

So frame to lockup took 7 Weeks
Lockup to fixing took 21 Weeks

Week 44 and still no PCI and no approximate completion date....
44 weeks this sounds extremely long .. You are talking about 308 days in the time the average is 200
Have u tried to call the SS or BC or contact ebony from this website ???
[quote="sssfamily"]Hi All,

Can someone pls refer a handyman to install toilet holders and towel rail in Keysborough area...We have built a PD house and as this is our first home we don’t dare to do ourselves
....I called a handy man and he said 150$ to install 3 toilet holders and 1 towel rail
/quote]

Hey the SSSFamz
We've been in for about a month now.
I was very hesitant about touching the walls, but we had the most dreadful toilet roll holds that they had to come out immediately (and to think I fought for them saying they were on the plans - yuck). In our 2 storey house I installed 8 floating shelves, put the dryer on the wall above the WM and installed 3 toilet roll holders. I've had wallpaper installed on 6 walls and some glass artwork too. Now it feels like my house, not a PD newbie, so i say go for it...
PS 4 privacy locks to install next... I forgot to include them at the Hopetoun session..
cinderella_375
We're still here. We have had a hideous time with finance, so are still trying to get all that sorted. PD are ready to go which is good, but frustrating! Aaagh! So as soon as we can get this nightmare of a bank happening, we can start immediately!

Oh, how frustrating! I hope things get moving for you soon.

Zinner
Week 44 and still no PCI and no approximate completion date....

Zinner, I just can't believe your story (in the sense that I don't know how PD could let this happen, not that I don't believe you!). I never know what to say, but you are handling it all so so well.

I'll be updating the blog in the next couple of days with what we saw this weekend. The roof is complete and bricklaying is going well, one wall is complete and the rest is probably 75% done. Plumbers have added pipes, and we have a hole for a bath to go in
. Also ducts in the roof for cooling or heating or both (as if I would know
). This is such an exciting time seeing so much progress week to week

As I was wandering through on Saturday another couple came on to the site; they are building the Drysdale just around the corner from us, so I got to wax lyrical about how the Drysdale is the best house ever designed
Does anyone know how to add images on here without using image shack? Can I directly upload images into a post?

I've seen links that have [IMG)
Very excited, our block was cleaned today and so was our internals so should be looking fabulous. Render looks like it's been prepped so must be happening tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow is meant to pour so not sure how that will go but looking forward to seeing it. PCI Monday!!

Doreen_Kallara33
Does anyone know how to add images on here without using image shack? Can I directly upload images into a post?

I use image shack but you can click on the Img button at the top of your post reply (in Full Editor) and paste the image link in between the IMG codes
Where can we buy the best blinds / plantation shutters
Hi guys.
just updated blog for those intrested.....The most exciting time of the build, kitchen has arrived.
How exciting JLD! You're so close now!
J & C

hi j&c i have being getting qoutes also for our house, so far have got 4 quotes, as so far, blind factory came up the cheapest for blinds but the most expensive with shutters.( with pd discount )

Best price for both blinds / plantation shutters where from melbourne blinds on sydney rd coburg..They so far have they have had the best quality for the price and we have alot of windows.

hope this is helpful. m&a.
Have you tried birk they have a rep at hopetoun interiors down the bottom now give him the quote of the others and see if he can beat them they have all the pd houses on file so its quick think the email is birk@hopetouniteriors.com.au might have to check not 100% sure
ma2531
J & C

hi j&c i have being getting qoutes also for our house, so far have got 4 quotes, as so far, blind factory came up the cheapest for blinds but the most expensive with shutters.( with pd discount )

Best price for both blinds / plantation shutters where from melbourne blinds on sydney rd coburg..They so far have they have had the best quality for the price and we have alot of windows.

hope this is helpful. m&a.

If you somewhat handy. Use port phillip shutters. Half the price.
JLD
Very excited, our block was cleaned today and so was our internals so should be looking fabulous. Render looks like it's been prepped so must be happening tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow is meant to pour so not sure how that will go but looking forward to seeing it. PCI Monday!!

Doreen_Kallara33

I use image shack but you can click on the Img button at the top of your post reply (in Full Editor) and paste the image link in between the IMG codes

Hi JLD,

Yes, the weather forecast isn’t look too great so I’m praying the raining stays away for you and your rendering gets finished. Good luck with your PCI Monday, let us know how it goes. Cheers, Ebony
J & C

Hi J & C,

A couple of our clients were sharing information and pictures about blinds and plantations shutters not that long ago, here is the link to their discussion – I hope this helps. Cheers, Ebony

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&p=853006&hilit=+plantation+shutters+#p853006
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum