Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 271 of 862
Interesting call from PD today... New BC! Seems very nice and helpful, which is good. When I asked what happened to the old one, I was told 'she left'

Oh well, only a week or 2 to go.

Splashback went in today, but too dark to get a good look, and house all locked up. 70% confident it looks okay...
Rups, wonder if we had the same one
New one sounds less....dippy

Glad it's all going to plan.
Base Render pics up
....with still wonky right hand light box...

Enjoy

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=52107&p=871091#p871091
cinderella_375
Our PCVs have been slooooooowww! I haven't actually seen a document for it yet. Things keep getting "added" but I have nothing in writing yet. Should I be worried? Our BC is pretty on the ball. But I'd like to see something? Might actually chase it up Monday.

Hi Cinderella_375,

I’m just touching base with you to see if you’d heard from your BC regarding your PVC’s? If you’d like me to follow up on this please let me know. Cheers, Ebony
monkeypantz
ma2531
Had to call porter davis north office today to speak to ur B/C and was put on hold until my call was answered, spoke to a lady named carol on recepetion, I must say her manner, professionalism, and her sencerity is outstanding.

I hope porter davis has a customer excellence program to reconize great people they have working for them..cause i would give her my vote.............A job well done.

I agree, Carol is exceptional!

Hi @monkeypants and @ma2531,

Thank you for your lovely comments about Carol. You’ll both be pleased to know that I’ve forward you comments onto the directors at the main PD office for them to hear of the great work and customer service Carol is providing. I’m sure Carol will love to hear them too. Cheers, Ebony
Hi all.. If any of you have got the Cat6 Data Network Pack, make sure your cable and sockets are all Cat6 as we’ve found out that the sockets we've been provided with are all Cat5e and possibly the same for the cable too
To check the sockets there’s a small engraving on the side of every socket mentioning the specification if it’s a Cat5e or a Cat6. For checking the cable, unfortunately there's no easy way and you have to read the marking on the cable and Google them to see if you find the specification.
baronx
Hi all.. If any of you have got the Cat6 Data Network Pack, make sure your cable and sockets are all Cat6 as we’ve found out that the sockets we've been provided with are all Cat5e and possibly the same for the cable too
To check the sockets there’s a small engraving on the side of every socket mentioning the specification if it’s a Cat5e or a Cat6. For checking the cable, unfortunately there's no easy way and you have to read the marking on the cable and Google them to see if you find the specification.

I wouldn't stress too much the difference between Cat5E and Cat6 in most domestic installations is nothing. Cat5E can run at or very near gigabit just the same as Cat6. Also your network is really only as fast as your slowest component. If you really want network performance you'll need to go to a Cat6A solution which is rated at 10Gigabit. Unfortunately PD/Argus do not offer this at the moment.
Woo hoo, PCI completed, settlement booked, moved date planned and even called all the furniture guys to send my deliveries to my new home... one happy PD camper !!!
baronx

My sockets are 5e also, did not notice this before
Mikey_Harrison
Woo hoo, PCI completed, settlement booked, moved date planned and even called all the furniture guys to send my deliveries to my new home... one happy PD camper !!!

Great news Mikey!
Great news Mikey! Any pics??
Wateman
baronx

My sockets are 5e also, did not notice this before

I haven't checked mine but whats the bet?
nutta
I wouldn't stress too much the difference between Cat5E and Cat6 in most domestic installations is nothing. Cat5E can run at or very near gigabit just the same as Cat6. Also your network is really only as fast as your slowest component. If you really want network performance you'll need to go to a Cat6A solution which is rated at 10Gigabit. Unfortunately PD/Argus do not offer this at the moment.

It's all about getting exactly what we pay for !!
If I'm paying for a Cat6 network why should I settle for a Cat5e no matter how similar it is to a Cat6..
baronx

How did you tell your cables were cat 5e and not cat 6? What markings did you find that showed this?
Water Bill STILL NOT GODDAMN SORTED!

And I have a maintenance repair team coming July 2nd. :rolleyes:
baronx
nutta

It's all about getting exactly what we pay for !!
If I'm paying for a Cat6 network why should I settle for a Cat5e no matter how similar it is to a Cat6..

Fully agree with this. Paying for Cat6 is not paying for Cat5e.
Mikey_Harrison

Hi Mikey_Harrison,

Congratulations on your PCI! Good luck with all your moving plans.
Cheers, Ebony
Ex-display Coco Republic furniture sale!

If you’ve admired the professional interior designer look of our Prestige display homes, now is the time to make your furniture move and purchase display home style all on sale.

For one day only the Porter Davis Prestige display centre at Williams Landing is turning into a Coco Republic show room, where you can purchase furniture, lighting, accessories and artwork from three stunningly styled display homes at hugely discounted prices – up to 70% off.

Whether you struggle with interior style and want affordable access to styling ideas or you are the King or Queen of enviable interiors, Coco Republic is renowned for its beautiful style, iconic furniture pieces and unique homewares and these homes showcase the very best.

In these displays, Coco Republic draws on both local and global inspiration to accent the quality of the designs and the furniture could be sourced from any of Coco Republics chosen manufacturers in Milan, Paris and New York.

While you browse enjoy complimentary barista made coffee as members from the Coco Republic team give you great tips, plenty of inspiration and help you find beautiful pieces for your home.

Take this opportunity to see, explore and buy the magic mix of two companies who are absolutely dedicated to quality and style and bring your trailer as purchases can be taken away on the day, or you can arrange delivery with Coco Republic.

When: Saturday 2 June 2012
Time: 9am-12pm
Where: Williams Landing – Prestige display centre, Cresswell Avenue, Williams Landing – Melway Ref: 203 H8

Look out for more Coco Republic sales coming soon! Sign up to PD Alerts to receive updates on our next furniture sale plus other news and event information. http://porterdavis.com.au/#/pdalerts

Thanks, Ebony
currently building the Kallara 33 in the North. Just had lock up stage yesterday. So far, PD have been 10/10 from putting $1000 down to lock up. Our SS and BC and awesome and have had no dramas in terms of communication or false promises etc. Our SS always says "Your home is like my own so I want to do all I can to make you happy throughout the whole process". After reading many negative comments regarding SS and BC I must say i was worried but now feel lucky.
Hopefully going forward it stays this way until the end

Quick question, when lock-up was finished, did anyone have 1 or 2 pallets of bricks left? if so, what did you do with them? I'm goin to save about 60-100 for a letter box and extras, but I have 800.
Doreen_Kallara33
currently building the Kallara 33 in the North. Just had lock up stage yesterday. So far, PD have been 10/10 from putting $1000 down to lock up. Our SS and BC and awesome and have had no dramas in terms of communication or false promises etc. Our SS always says "Your home is like my own so I want to do all I can to make you happy throughout the whole process". After reading many negative comments regarding SS and BC I must say i was worried but now feel lucky.
Hopefully going forward it stays this way until the end

Quick question, when lock-up was finished, did anyone have 1 or 2 pallets of bricks left? if so, what did you do with them? I'm goin to save about 60-100 for a letter box and extras, but I have 800.

I have about 4 pallets of bricks left over from lockup which was around 6 months ago. I recently told the SS to leave me at least 2 pallets (as they have sat for 6months so far) which I will use for basic Landscaping, retaining/building soil up, and a possible letter box.

BTW... my build went (almost) like a dream up to lockup...
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum