Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 264 of 862
humble
J & C

What about the other have they received bills for similar amounts. I was under the impression they pay for both water and electricity usage. I should read our contract...

Power they pay, you pay for water and the services. Apparently thats fair. I called them on it during contract, but they wouldnt budge, I argued that they would use excess, I would be left with it. As I now know. One thing out of mouths doesnt equal the same in reality.

I got a bill for $600. 113,000 Litres of water used during construction.

For perspective, this pool holds 100,000 Litres.

I recently asked our BC about this and she said we should pay for the water bill but PD will be happy to reimburse if water usage exceeds $25 in a month. So I guess you can raise this issue with them
Sorry if this is obvious and a silly hung to ask, but did you double check with the water company that it was correct?

How could they use so much!? Unless a tap was left on for an extended period of time or other builders were using your water?
$600.00 for water! that cant b right. In Victoria, u pay your water rates from.the day the land settles. The builder doesnt pay for water usage and the water people will not read the meter until you actually move in. But how on earth did they use that much. Ours was about 80.00 for excess water after the build. They paid the elec. Have u read the meter yourself to make sure its right? and does that account include your water rates? services ect....
sencillez
humble
J & C

What about the other have they received bills for similar amounts. I was under the impression they pay for both water and electricity usage. I should read our contract...

Power they pay, you pay for water and the services. Apparently thats fair. I called them on it during contract, but they wouldnt budge, I argued that they would use excess, I would be left with it. As I now know. One thing out of mouths doesnt equal the same in reality.

For perspective, this pool holds 100,000 Litres.

I recently asked our BC about this and she said we should pay for the water bill but PD will be happy to reimburse if water usage exceeds $25 in a month. So I guess you can raise this issue with them

I have raised it.. No action on there behalf.

Wateman
Sorry if this is obvious and a silly hung to ask, but did you double check with the water company that it was correct?

How could they use so much!? Unless a tap was left on for an extended period of time or other builders were using your water?

Its correct, new metre, my metre was read on Feb 12th. It read 113,000 Litres.

deb17
$600.00 for water! that cant b right. In Victoria, u pay your water rates from.the day the land settles. The builder doesnt pay for water usage and the water people will not read the meter until you actually move in. But how on earth did they use that much. Ours was about 80.00 for excess water after the build. They paid the elec. Have u read the meter yourself to make sure its right? and does that account include your water rates? services ect....

Its right. They have triple checked, we did a leak test and everything. Since we have moved in, we have only used 18,000 Litres, which is less then 200L per day.

1115 Litres per day over the billing period.
everyone in the street must have been using it, or the tap was.left on. I think the water people need to do some checking as I would not b paying it. They would know its impossible to use that much. Go to the water ombudsman, surely they will not make u pay it.
most people would only have about an eighty dollar excess water. So you have enough evidence on your side. The ombudsman r really helpfull. Sounds like someone filled a pool from your tap!
Movement on the water.. seems they will be issuing us a refund.. not sure on the amount as yet.
My water bill for the build gets sent to the address where I am currently renting. Its about $100 for connection fees and about $10-$15 for the actual water. It is sent every 2 months or so.

It could be that PD have put the water connection fees, sewage, etc for your whole build all under one bill and called it water? Still seems like an excessive amount as at the 6 month build time the connection fees + water would of only cost us about $350.
Water usage charges during construction was about $60 for us. Looks like someone filled up there pool.
humble

wowzers! Glad to hear there is some movement on the issue for you. Like others, PD told us that they would cover anything over $x of usage ($20, $50? I can't really remember but it was low).
the ombudsman will help u there for sure. Its impossible to use that amount without filling a pool. Contact them and get them to investigate with the water company. We got 300.00 of our elec bills because our energy company failed to send our accounts on time. You shouldnt have to pay that and can the water company proove that the new meter was actually started at zero? the Ombudsman are brilliant.
Humble, just read your post, great news. PD were using our water when we were in the rental. They still did it after we told them not 2. We were paying for the excess water!
We've had some good news this week, our finance has been formally approved
They faxed the letter through to PD yesterday, so hopefully we can see our final drawings and get moving sooner rather than later!
deb17
the ombudsman will help u there for sure. Its impossible to use that amount without filling a pool. Contact them and get them to investigate with the water company. We got 300.00 of our elec bills because our energy company failed to send our accounts on time. You shouldnt have to pay that and can the water company proove that the new meter was actually started at zero? the Ombudsman are brilliant.

Spoke with the ombudsman, they cannot help with water theft, all they can do is have the water company extend the payment time.

Does anybody around you have a pool?
Wateman
Does anybody around you have a pool?

Doubt it.. we are on the main road into the estate, so I wouldnt think so. All the houses in our street were not finished. We were 2nd in.

khamtran
I'm hoping someone from PD can help as we're getting nowhere with our SS now the house has been handed over (on 23 March).

At handover it was noted that 3 of our window frames would get repaired/touched up as they were previously damaged from an attempted theft (in addition to 2 others which already had been repaired). I was concerned that the repairs would be noticeable but SS was confident they could be done well and if we weren't happy they would be replaced.

The repairer came and repaired one of the windows (a slight dint was still visible but we were willing to let that go) but said he couldn't do the other two but said he'd get someone else out to put an aluminium cover on each one. He also said he'd called the SS to come out and inspect them for himself on that day. When SS didn't come I texted him and he said he couldn't make it that day.

Days later when I didn't hear back from the SS I sent a few emails to him and BC. I eventually got a reply from the BC who said our SS said 'all has been completed). All had not been completed so I called the SS to explain that the 2 other windows were in the same condition as the they at handover so he said he'd come and look for himself the next day.

The next day I texted him to ask if he came and he said no, he couldn't make it. The day after that he didn't show again. My partner then contacted him and he told her that we should stop with the messaging and that he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with them.

What gives? When someone says they'll do something I expect them to do it. It's already been 6 weeks since handover. Our new house has already got repaired windows (not new ones as one would expect) so I don't think we're being unreasonable.

Can someone at PD please help?

Below is an image of one of the windows that needs attention. There's also another one with a slight blemish.

Ebony, can I get an update on this please?
would have thought the ombudsman would get the water company to investigate. Its obviously a case that is one hundred per cent over the top. It costs about forty to sixty dollars in exvess water to build a house. If not many in your street, there had to be something wrong with the meter when it was installed. It could have been on zero.
Could have been a leaking underground polly. If it leaked for the entire build then $600 in water would explain it. The plumbers do the pipes at rough-in and aren’t back until the final fit off.

End of the day PD are responsible for the site so they should pay. I would fight this one humble. $600 is still hard cold cash which you can spend.
I agree. PD will have to pay.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum